• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 Fighting Game Chamionship Tournament of the Year - July 15th - 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that might be a problem. There are some fun juggles you can do but the damage isn't worth it, so there's not much fancy stuff one can really do. I adore Pokken so I'll have to check it out later.

It's funny you say that because in the finals at one point Tonosama a Braxien player did a combo to take like 20 percent and he had to sacrifice his support. Whereas Buntan a Suicune player did one move and that did about the same amount of damage.

Syntsui

That's got to be a bit tedious for him. I'm guessing he's doing this because there's nobody else. Pretty sure he'd prefer to be commentating SFV. I know it's usually Seth at EVO, but still.

He loves MK, he never commentates SF Top 8 because he prefers to be in the crowd.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
SonicFox is too strong. kid is gonna take it again this year.

I remember when we first saw him in MK9. We were all like "man.. this little kid is good, he's gonna be a beast if he keeps this up as he gets older."

Now here we are, and guy is basically the King of Kings of MKX.

Menitta

The disappointing part of the top 8 was simply the fact it boiled down to the worst possible MU it could at an event the game is trying to appeal to new viewers: projectile heavy characters. I'll try not to spoil it for you so that's all I'll say.

Oh man. Suicune and Chandelure I'd imagine. Watching a Chandelure match is just as annoying as playing against one.

Mugy

Tbh it seems to be more an issue with the game/play, they seem to be trying their hardest to hype something that doesn't at all look exciting.

exactly my point. Im not saying commentanting on Fighting games its bad, but they do sound boring in my ears while the players are playing MKX

I remember when we first saw him in MK9. We were all like "man.. this little kid is good, he's gonna be a beast if he keeps this up as he gets older."

Now here we are, and guy is basically the King of Kings of MKX.

Injustice too.
The 13-0 should stand as some type of tutorial how to not talk shit after getting rekt 10-0.

This is a good match, I think that if Scar loses this, he'll pick Smoke.

Nades yo.

And down goes Shinnok.

Scar. save us from Sonic Fox!

They played each other at CEO. Sonic came back against Demo Sonya, and Scar switched characters twice in GF, got rekt. He's really good, but the gap is pretty large when SF is on point...and it looks like he is, bunch of 3-0s.

This Ermac and Takeda matchup is like watching a Jedi vs Sith fight.

jett

D-Member
So who made the Mandalay/ESPN happen? Mr Wizard all by his lonesome, or did Sony pony up the goods and the connections?

Eleuin

Well.. I wouldn't say "never". Everyone had Daigo/Justin at EVO 2009 and Momochi was the odds on favorite last year. Nobody was too surprised that Gamerbee was his opponent.

yeah never was a big exaggeration, more often than not the top 2 don't make it

happy we have at least one american in sfv top8, go joe

I'm sure things will pick up later, but considering the new venue, I'm pretty underwhelmed by the presentation/production. I figured there would be more fanfare, more in the way of player intros and whatnot. The tiny spectator crowd just adds to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom