• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 Fighting Game Chamionship Tournament of the Year - July 15th - 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hutchie

If the commentators could go five secs without saying "sponsored by ps4" etcs that would be great. What do you guys make of the quality of sfv matches thus far? Maybe the amount of entrants means that we are seeing "lower" quality matches???

shaowebb

Super Sonico on stream!

The cats that walk around her do all her attacks. The one that sleeps is used for supers so she can setup Ms Fortune style Head mixups, and she summons characters behind and above you like Vajra Assist in Marvel and a behind the back hitting WALLBOUNCE!

Plus those cats...they stay on the ground when she jumps meaning you have to read overhead, crossup OR A LOW ON JUMPIN!

Shit is crazy plus you can summon 2 assists at the same time in this game!

You have to tune into Nitroplus! Its nuts in here!

Omnicent

If the commentators could go five secs without saying "sponsored by ps4" etcs that would be great. What do you guys make of the quality of sfv matches thus far? Maybe the amount of entrants means that we are seeing "lower" quality matches???

well it is an open tournament and there are 5000 players, but this is how pools usually are (not great quality).
Its not till after pools are done that things start to ramp up, so sometime tomorrow if I had to guess.

Hazzuh

Ridiculous they have Melee on one of the projectors at the event considering round 1 pools of Melee are the most boring thing ever. No upsets, hours of scrubs getting bodied.

Unlucky

You know you're a fighting game player when...

FOX | Julio Fuentes ‏@juliofuentes408 4m
Man these westgate elevator buttons are niiiice....gotta ask em where I can get some for my fight stick
CncDuV_UsAAigR1.jpg

https://twitter.com/juliofuentes408/status/754075568933511168

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Ridiculous they have Melee on one of the projectors at the event considering round 1 pools of Melee are the most boring thing ever. No upsets, hours of scrubs getting bodied.

I think their decision to not put any finals on Friday is going to bite the streams in the ass. Today is basically going to be low-level play for most of the games, and then tomorrow, when several games have to grind down to the top 8 all at the same time, some games will get the short end of the stick for airtime.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
As long as it's not as bad as last year with melee players flooding into other games areas then that's fine

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I haven't been keeping up with the thread. Any good crowd shots to show just how massive the venue is and how many people are there?

Capcomfighters stream has a decent view of the crowd from one of their cams. UltraChen have pointed out that the venue extends further out to the side and that maybe a little less than 50% of it is visible from that camera.

shaowebb

Tripon

Capcomfighters stream has a decent view of the crowd from one of their cams. UltraChen have pointed out that the venue extends further out to the side and that maybe a little less than 50% of it is visible from that camera.
50%, I'd say 25%. And this place is packed.

shaowebb

God damn, EVO-level Melty action at non-potato quality? I have died and gone to heaven.

EDIT: Len with the kitty KO? Fantastic.

I know right? This game is fucking AMAZING at high level play! Its like the fastest fighter I think I've ever seen and my god is its amount of movesets ridiculous. We aint talking just specials changing between character styles...normals change entirely and get replaced with all new animations and properties constantly between styles!

Such a huge game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom