• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 Fighting Game Chamionship Tournament of the Year - July 15th - 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Chris G doesn't win Marvel this year his legacy is done. He will be a false god. Justin and Champ, the real Gods have at least a belt on their hands. KBR has done enough to be considered one in my opinion. So basically it's those three and Chris G on the doorsteps to where their platform is. He just needs one EVO win to ascend.

No one else dominated the game like Chris G did for those ~2 years. On top of that Chris basically rewrote the meta when he started using Morrigan and forced people to adapt or lose. An evo win would definitely cement him as the best all-time player, but for now I think he already is even without one.

Full Schedule is the #1 person I'm rooting for in Marvel this year. Highly entertaining player, incredible displays of skill. Really unique Doom and Viper play. He's an underdog and i think he's got what it takes.

If Full Schedule doesn't make it, the main other guys I'd like to see win it, for various reasons:

KBR - Back to back championships would be crazy and would drive the point home that this dude really is that good, since some people are still in denial.
Chris G - Win a fucking Evo already.
Marn - Would be the most hilarious thing to ever happen in umvc3 and while it's a long shot, it's not an impossibility. NEVER UNDERESTIMATE MARN. Sometimes the stars align and everything goes his way.
Apologyman - For the salt.
Justin Wong - Would be a big crowd pleaser and fitting for the king of Marvel.
FChamp - Would generate a ton of shit talking if he was the first to get 2 evo titles. Could lead to a high profile money match later on.

Full Schedule is the #1 person I'm rooting for in Marvel this year. Highly entertaining player, incredible displays of skill. Really unique Doom and Viper play. He's an underdog and i think he's got what it takes.

If Full Schedule doesn't make it, the main other guys I'd like to see win it, for various reasons:

KBR - Back to back championships would be crazy and would drive the point home that this dude really is that good, since some people are still in denial.
Chris G - Win a fucking Evo already.
Marn - Would be the most hilarious thing to ever happen in umvc3 and while it's a long shot, it's not an impossibility. NEVER UNDERESTIMATE MARN. Sometimes the stars align and everything goes his way.
Apologyman - For the salt.
Justin Wong - Would be a big crowd pleaser and fitting for the king of Marvel.
FChamp - Would generate a ton of shit talking if he was the first to get 2 evo titles. Could lead to a high profile money match later on.

Angelic or bust. Shuma for Marvel God 2016.

i just really want good matches

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Championships mean everything. It's what solidifies legacies in all matter of competitive anything. Not having one means in the grand scheme of things people are going to look back and compare you to other greats as being inferior. Especially now that EVO is only getting bigger and more prestigious so it means a lot to get a belt at EVO. EVO is probably going to have a hall of fame in the future and if you want in you are probably going to need a win or two.

Looks like the streams are starting. Second stream is up.

In Tekken, Nobi, Speedkicks, and Anakin are in losers, while Poongko is in winners. What a world we live in.

Edit: Nevermind, Anakin has been eleminated wow.

Seyavesh

all these lists about potential evo winners for marvel and not one mention about dualkevin, ryanLV or one of the japanese players (cross, takumi, nemo, RF)

so what's the verdict on mike ross + seth killian commentary? can they elevate us to esports status by tomorrow night?

I'm not convinced. Entertaining though.

Highlight for me:
2Vacavhkl.jpg

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Last year I remember Tekken 7 being the game I enjoyed the least let's see if the game has improved since last year

Aris makes it all better. Plus there is something about an SF player playing an SF character and beating up on Tekken notables. Poongko winning would be the biggest salt. I don't think he will though because Knee looks like he has a better Akuma than him.

all these lists about potential evo winners for marvel and not one mention about dualkevin, ryanLV or one of the japanese players (cross, takumi, nemo, RF)

I said RyanLV and implied Dual Kevin. A guy with a unique, non-conforming team winning would be neat and Dual Kevin has the best shot out of any of those guys.

Edit: And I hardly ever see the Japanese guys play so honestly I don't have much of an opinion about them.

But ultradavid and James Chen usually do the SFV top 8.
I know that, been following the competitive scene for over a year now. This is just my opinion though, I just think Mike Ross and Seth Killian are the perfect combo for an EVO that's trying to become "E-sports".

Seyavesh

I said RyanLV and implied Dual Kevin. A guy with a unique, non-conforming team winning would be neat and Dual Kevin has the best shot out of any of those guys.

Edit: And I hardly ever see the Japanese guys play so honestly I don't have much of an opinion about them.

damnit, missed that

anyhow i'd put everyone on that japan list but takumi above both DK and RLV for 'evo winning' chances- maybe omit nemo depending on how rusty he is. but RF and cross are both ridiculous and tend to get teamkilled in top 32/16 consistently because it is cross's destiny to teamkill japan at EVO forever

crash-14

James said in the last ultrachentv (not the evo pre-show) that he was thinking about ducking any possibility to be on ESPN due not wanting mainstream people to see him cry.

Not sure if that's been finally the case or ESPN decided Miker Ross will fit better. Which I'm not quite sure. I honestly thinks Mike pairs the best with Zhi.

To be honest, I thought the ESPN duo was going to be Seth+David.

Neoxon

What's going on with Smash Wii U? Heard it was disorganized as hell.
Half of the set-ups don't have every stage unlocked (specifically Smashville).

This kind of shit happening is exactly why I argue for Smash games to have every character & stage unlocked from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom