• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 IOT2I Final day Final game - SFV Top 8 live on ESPN2

PBalfredo

Yeah, I still haven't gotten a satisfying answer as to why people kept monitoring SF twitch numbers outside of some weird dick measuring contest the Melee community seems to have with...well, seemingly everyone.

Melee's viewership pull is always brought up as a factor of why it should get a Sunday spot, especially with Smash 4 also on the menu.

To support both, I had it on ESPN2 and kept the Twitch stream on. But I found the ESPN broadcast to be far better so that was what I watched instead even if I might have enjoyed James and Sajam's commentary more. Who knows how many but I think a huge chunk of the people who wanted to watch SFV top 8 also had both on or watched exclusively on ESPN2 because it was superior to the Twitch stream.

As for capturing a new audience. I was never counting on that too much but I hope the ratings were good enough to bring it back next year. I hope the numbers are release at some point. Overall I'm pretty sure it beat last years 254k from only Twitch. So regardless it was growth and hopefully we can keep it going.

jediyoshi

Yeah, I still haven't gotten a satisfying answer as to why people kept monitoring SF twitch numbers outside of some weird dick measuring contest the Melee community seems to have with...well, seemingly everyone.

If it makes you feel better, in a Smash-less reality, people would just be comparing it to prior years' numbers instead.

This was amazing from Infil.
SmoggyWellinformedBighorn-size_restricted.gif

What the f...??

Is this real life? Is Infiltration... Human?

Oppai's too strong

Ryan Harvey ‏@fubarduck
Fun fact: Fuudo was required to use the "Story 1" costume after his first match because the default was deemed too revealing by ESPN.

Dammit, if only Capcom haven't censored her.

It would be glorious.

CSX

Oppai's too strong

Ryan Harvey ‏@fubarduck
Fun fact: Fuudo was required to use the "Story 1" costume after his first match because the default was deemed too revealing by ESPN.

The real reason why Capcom was censoring SFV. All to prepare for the TV moment and it was still not enough! :p

Oppai's too strong

Ryan Harvey ‏@fubarduck

Makes sense. No biggie. You want coverage, there are rules and things you gotta put up with. I prefer her story costume anyways.

Nanashrew

Banned
To support both, I had it on ESPN2 and kept the Twitch stream on. But I found the ESPN broadcast to be far better so that was what I watched instead even if I might have enjoyed James and Sajam's commentary more. Who knows how many but I think a huge chunk of the people who wanted to watch SFV top 8 also had both on or watched exclusively on ESPN2 because it was superior to the Twitch stream.

As for capturing a new audience. I was never counting on that too much but I hope the ratings were good enough to bring it back next year. I hope the numbers are release at some point. Overall I'm pretty sure it beat last years 254k from only Twitch. So regardless it was growth and hopefully we can keep it going.

I actually caught a restream of the ESPN feed (went down really fast), and yeah, it really was top notch with great production value.

As for reaching new audiences, overall Twitter feed on ESPN 2 seemed really positive. Some salt here and there but majority seemed more positive to it than negative so that's a good sign. But that's Twitter. Some have reported having to talk about the game at bars with some showing interest about the game. Going to be interesting to see how much it did reach though and we won't find out for awhile.

Time for that EVO withdrawal. ESPN 2's coverage was so damn good. Never thought I'd experience watching top 8 broadcast on ESPN while cozied up on the couch.

I hope the FGC continues to get more shine. #downloadcomplete

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

guys fighting games beat league for a whole day yippee

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I feel like a scrub asking this, but what does Download Complete reference? Google-fu sucks.

People joke Infiltration (and others) is a robot because of how good he is, so when he loses a round and destroys the opponent in te next round, he "downloaded" the information from his opponent.

Aka he figured them out

Top Bottom