• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2017 The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year (Read OP, No Game Whining)

Chauzu

I hope KEN does a runback and faces ZeRo again. He hasn't beaten him yet, and he lost handidly in Winner Quarter, but I am confident he can take him.

KEN is the best Sonic and he isn't (as) campy as most Sonic, and he spindashes way less! Dabuz has also started to play less defensive. Fact remains that both chars are defensive by nature tho.

Welp, you were right. That was fun to watch. Although getting to watch Dabuz not get another 2nd with Rosalina might have played a part with that XD.

ScribbleD

Just got into an argument with some dude behind me because on top of his BO he had his BARE feet up on the back of the empty seat directly to my left so they were nearly face level with me. Why are some people so fucking gross and oblivious.

Effect

Yeah Twitch is down regardless if you are logged in or not. So if you had the channel open already then you would be fine. Have to watch on Disney XD.

Wow, was the FGC this cruel to Melee last year. Or the did they just manage to pack the house more on there own to still make it look good? I have no idea but I feel like last year the SF guys stuck around during Melee. But it looks like everybody bailed on the the Smash 4 guys this year.

The Sunday in Evo is 14-15 hours of action. If you're going to be there all day, you gotta pick your spot to take a break, go eat and whatnot. This just seems like the spot to do it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Working fine for me but sucks that whatever is going on with Twitch is affecting Smash. I'm seeing the number of viewers drop from 72k to less than 69k and dropping as I type.

Chauzu

Welp, you were right. That was fun to watch. Although getting to watch Dabuz not get another 2nd with Rosalina might have played a part with that XD.

Good to hear! Smash 4 has levelled up last year, and the best players in general don't play overly defensive. I think this top 8 has been a great showing so far. :)

JoeInky

From the perspective of someone who doesn't follow Smash and only even watches it during EVO, I find 4 100% easier to follow than whatever the fuck is going on during your average Melee match.

I think that's a positive for some and a negative for others.

The fact that I know exactly what's going on in Smash 4 and the slower pace makes it pretty boring to watch, it doesn't have any of the hype or holy shit moments that melee does for me.

I don't particularly think either game is hard to follow though.

Firemind

From the perspective of someone who doesn't follow Smash and only even watches it during EVO, I find 4 100% easier to follow than whatever the fuck is going on during your average Melee match.
The punish game is so awful in smash 4 because edge guarding is almost pointless. Even fox can come back offscreen. It's a lot of pretty fireworks but no bangs.

Skilletor

Wow, was the FGC this cruel to Melee last year. Or the did they just manage to pack the house more on there own to still make it look good? I have no idea but I feel like last year the SF guys stuck around during Melee. But it looks like everybody bailed on the the Smash 4 guys this year.

There's just less people in the arena this year than last. That's all. No conspiracy theories necessary.

Korigama

Hm, not all that interested in Smash 4, but I'm bored, and since Twitch is apparently down, I decided to make use of the Disney XD broadcast.

Top Bottom