• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolve |OT| Leaving Monsters 4 Dead

Really enjoing the game so far. Really polished and such. Yea it sucks with all the pre release dlc crap and such but the core game is really really fun.

maneil99

Tried playing again today. Nope. Not playing this garbage till they fix the wraith. This game flopped and yet they can't even get balance right.

BashNasty

I find the wraith to be by far the toughest monster to play. The abductions ability is key, and it's very difficult to use correctly.

I think the balance is fine.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Does anyone know what happens if you kill Maggie but leave Daisy alive? Does Daisy still track you without her?

Plumpman

Does anyone know what happens if you kill Maggie but leave Daisy alive? Does Daisy still track you without her?

I'm not sure if she tracks but you CAN win a match with just her. Did a rescue and the last survivor needed 10 more seconds to reach extraction. Died as last man up.... daisy is chilling on some rocks and the survivor escapes!!

Everyone was in uproar it was priceless.

I got matched with a nice group that was constantly communicating and strategizing and we played through an entire evacuation set. Everything was firing on all cylinders and it really reinforced how amazing the core of the game it. How different the characters are in each class and just how damn fun and stressful it is. The game sucks with a bad team but it's one of the most enjoyable and original game experiences I've had on the PS4 when played with a good team.

Spittyball

Neo Member
I'm sure this has been asked, but my friend just got it and hasn't opened it. Does the game have Shareplay on PS4? I can't see why it would.

patchday

Having a blast with this game but I'm wondering where my codes for my Instant hunters from Amazon? Guess that pack is not out yet

The more I play against the bot monster the more I dislike it. Once it starts attacking the Medic you can't stop it, without Hank.

Fights almost go the exact same way everytime right now.The Assaults shield should pull it or something.

Magitex

The more I play against the bot monster the more I dislike it. Once it starts attacking the Medic you can't stop it, without Hank.

Fights almost go the exact same way everytime right now.The Assaults shield should pull it or something.

I think it's representative of a fairly skilled monster player, as it's monster 101 to focus the medic. I guess it can be pretty sterile as the AI doesn't really mix things up, but it definitely serves as good practice for the team.

The assault's shield is honestly pretty worthless, it just screams for the monster to avoid him entirely. No AI or player should be taking any time to kill the assault.
I would go so far as to say assault's shield borders on bad design because it doesn't help the team at all. It would be nice if it shielded nearby players, or was a placeable directional shield and then it might be pretty useful.
I'm guessing they balanced the whole thing around assault dealing a constant damage and dome time expiry and the shield does let him do that.. but it's not a very exciting option.

In the end I'm not too sure what really should peel the monster AI off the medic, other than hanks shield. I guess it'd be nice if the AI feigned some confusion from time to time though.

RedFury

Any other way to get the preorder monster. Willing to get the game but it's really stopping me from getting it if I have to pay 15 for the monster and then buy the season pass.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Best mp game I've played in a long time. Got about 10-12 hours logged on this shit and it's only getting better. beyond surprised by how much I'm into this game.

I would go so far as to say assault's shield borders on bad design because it doesn't help the team at all. It would be nice if it shielded nearby players,
That would be an interesting design change. Make the shield shield everyone except Assault, in a radius, and the more people shielded the higher damage resistance he gets.

I seem to be running into a lot of trappers who can't use the mobile arena correctly. It seems like if we're right behind the monster or we have it cornered they'll just let him escape and the only time it gets played is when the Monster stays to engage combat.

CzarTim

The quality of pub matches going from beta to final release dropped significantly. In the beta I'd say 3 out of 5 every matches people knew what they were doing. Now? 1 in 10 if you're lucky. I'm not even talking about people being good or not, just knowing the basics of how to play the game. I've played matches where the healer never once used a healing burst, or the trapper never threw down the arena. How? How is that possible? I understand there's a learning curve, but why is the matchmaking putting me with these people?

Papercuts

Playing Laz vs. the AI monster makes me want to die in real life.

MoonGred

I keep getting surprised by the community, I jumped in knowing that I'd have to play with pugs and was fully expecting to be done with the game after 2 games due to lack of teamwork. But this couldn't be further from the truth, everyone's really nice and works together, unlike the majority of mp games.

Cabot is fkn amazing that rail gun hits like a truck, not to mention the satisfaction you get from using your dmg amp when everyone focus fire on him.

Gator86

The entire game feels way too dependent on the trapper. As a medic. I use tranqs and speed boosts when appropriate, but my god, every game is just torturous if the trapped isn't up to par.

The Foul

Loving this game, but ffs, preference slot 5 needs to be your "Don't match me as the monster/hunter or I'll just quit and waste everyone's time" button.
Good thing theres co-op vs A.I, but I kinda miss versing a really clever human monster.

Playing Laz vs. the AI monster makes me want to die in real life.

I've been thinking about it more.

I think the biggest issue with the game is blanket balancing. For example IMHO Coop should have unlimited strikes. That would be an okay bandage for the Medic AI stomp.

There should be 3 Evacuation Playlists; Competitive(Only parties of 4, near perfect balance), Casual(parties of up to 3, Balance favors Hunters), and Coop(Balance favors fun).

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Had some great games with a GAFer (Papercuts?) tonight. But my shit got reset! So upset I have to unlock all the characters again.

Papercuts

I've found Laz to be the easiest medic to play against an AI monster. Pop the cloak and you cease to exist as far as the monster's concerned.

True, I think I might just be using the cloak a little too late against them. I've had big issues with the AI Kraken specifically. It feels like the lightning strike damn near magnetically latches onto the medic.

I actually just had a game as Caira where I had acceleration field up as I saw it swell up, and jetpack boosted twice and it never wavered as it directly smacked me. :x

I think the biggest issue with the game is blanket balancing. For example IMHO Coop should have unlimited strikes. That would be an okay bandage for the Medic AI stomp.

There should be 3 Evacuation Playlists; Competitive(Only parties of 4, near perfect balance), Casual(parties of up to 3, Balance favors Hunters), and Coop(Balance favors fun).

I think that'd be cool. I like Evacuation but I'm not sure how I feel about the autobalance. I almost feel inclined to throw the second or third game to tip it back over, and especially make sure I win the 4th game because armored minions are brutal.

I think I saw unlimited strikes as an option for custom games but how does that work? Do you still take permanent losses of health without the automatic death on the third incap?

Had some great games with a GAFer (Papercuts?) tonight. But my shit got reset! So upset I have to unlock all the characters again.

Nah, I'm Fatal X Fate. I was on PS4 today instead of XB1, from what I've heard it seems like the reset is only on XB1 so I've been kinda leery about it since I have all the characters/monsters unlocked and am in the 20s somewhere. Would really suck to lose that. :x

I should be on tomorrow though. Just trying to balance playing with different people.

Klyka

Banned

start a custom game, set strikes to infinite

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I was shopping today, general stuff, and in a German Media Markt electronics chain I saw an Evolve Ps4 pack, shortly followed by an Evolve stand with games in it in a supermarket, not even a gaming related one. I had no idea this game is going to be marketed that hard.

GravyButt

Just had an awesome match as Hank. The wraith( i think thats the name, the one that can do supernova) wrecked my whole team. I was the only one left and he was destroying the power relay. The dropship just started. I kept luring him away from his relay attacks. I would laser cut him a bunch and hed get mad at me. Id run outside and cloak and hit him with the orbital bombs. Rinse and repeat for the 2 minutes. He got the relay down to 12 before every one else came back. Then when they all arrived I had him down to two health bars and we finished him off and won.

It was epic listening to the other guys on the mic. I felt like such a beast it was awesome.

Top Bottom