• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolve |OT| Leaving Monsters 4 Dead

BokehKing

Banned
I need more people to buy this on Xbox One, because the most I find for evac mode is 1 or 2 other people

So... Least favorite hunter role?

So far for me it's support

Love being a Medic but why she has 2 sniper rifles has me confused

Do I have to ADS for accuracy when placing tracer darts or could I fire from the hip?

Nori Chan

Yeah, I think monster should engage a lot. Strikes are vital, especially if it comes down to a fight at the power relay.

It really is a lot to take in and get used to though.
I like to attack on level 2 and about to evolve. Might as well since I'm about to lose all armor and regain a little bit of health.

Klyka

Banned
You can't, due to...

You could change the weapon skin, though. Either by buying it or getting 3 stars for a character

Side note: why does everyone love Lazarus? The glove is helpful at times, but his lack of actual healing makes him a liability if anything. It makes more sense to keep people from dying in the first place...

A lot of people are now saying Lazarus is not a hunter worth taking.
I myself am unsure how he would be of use against a decent monster player.
MAYBE if paired with hyde and his toxic grenades but they don't do enough damage to deter the monster from sitting on a downed hunter/corpse.
Orbital Barrage could work but would just throw lazarus around so he can't heal.

I have NO idea how to make im work or in which mode.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
A lot of people are now saying Lazarus is not a hunter worth taking.
I myself am unsure how he would be of use against a decent monster player.
MAYBE if paired with hyde and his toxic grenades but they don't do enough damage to deter the monster from sitting on a downed hunter/corpse.
Orbital Barrage could work but would just throw lazarus around so he can't heal.

I have NO idea how to make im work or in which mode.

Lazarus gets shelved against anything not a Goliath. He's great in a good team composition, on a fitting map, when your team usually has control of the pace. Outside of that though... man, Laz has serious problems contributing.

Reducing strikes is great and all but that's only going to pay off with a Monster at stage 3 - and he also has to be maddening close to teammates in order to use his healing burst (which is necessary on revive). The cloak is nice and all, but without any real offensive threat to attach to the cloak, its pointless unless you're reviving.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I like to attack on level 2 and about to evolve. Might as well since I'm about to lose all armor and regain a little bit of health.

I usually get two full fights in at 2 since you can fully armor up around halfway, fight, eat some more and fight again before you evolve.

Though I play really aggressivly and weave in and out of fights a lot.

IcyEyes

Ok, a question for you all :
I'm still pretty positive with this game, but it's fairly easy to think it's unbalanced since after 28 match as hunter I win 4 matches.

So, what is the problem ?

We have a lot of theories here, but yet, even at level 14 looks like player hunter have hard time against any monster at stage 2+ ...

Serious reply please.

SMZC

Though I play really aggressivly and weave in and out of fights a lot.

I do this too, and really appreciate it when the monster does it if I am on the human team. It makes matches much more interesting, as opposed to the shitty monsters who drag things out for 20 minutes, constantly running away, taking forever to evolve, and only looking to fight when fully powered up.

Kinda sucks that the flow of the matches is always so dependent on whoever is playing as the monster. I really like the evacuation egg mode in this regard due to the fact that the monster is always forced to be on his toes rather than allowed to take his sweet time evolving and regaining armor whenever he pleases. It also makes things more interesting for the humans, giving the team an actual objective other than running around like idiots searching for a monster that is more often than not quite hard to catch. I think allowing the monster to have a minion makes it too hard for the humans, though, but if they changed that, this would be a fantastic game mode.

Speaking of which, there's no way of selecting game modes in public matches outside of evacuation, is there?

I'm still pretty positive with this game, but it's fairly easy to think it's unbalanced since after 28 match as hunter I win 4 matches.

We have a lot of theories here, but yet, even at level 14 looks like player hunter have hard time against any monster at stage 2+ ...

Serious reply please.

Yeah, I'm loving the game myself, but there's no denying that it's quite unbalanced. I've played a ton of matches as the monster, for a lot of hours since release day, and I didn't lose my first match until earlier today, it's just so easy. Being on the human team is, of course, a completely different story. The fact that it's required to have perfect coordination between all four members is what makes things so unbalanced. It's been said a lot, but one shitty member really does ruin the entire match.

I hope Turtle Rock is looking into ways to balance things a bit better. I think making the monster much more vulnerable in stages 1 and 2 would a step in the right direction.

Nori Chan

Serious reply please.
do you play solo and which class do you play?

DY_nasty

i prefer just getting level 2 as quick as possible then sitting on my stage 3 evolve while harassing hunters and building up strikes

stage 3 is a different game because hunters will almost always retreat to the generator and turn it into a damned fortress - knowing that you have to come to them.

Serious reply please.

edit: misread that as you playing the monster my bad lol

IcyEyes

i prefer just getting level 2 as quick as possible then sitting on my stage 3 evolve while harassing hunters and building up strikes

stage 3 is a different game because hunters will almost always retreat to the generator and turn it into a damned fortress - knowing that you have to come to them.

edit: misread that as you playing the monster my bad lol

No problem, it's always nice to read a good post.

My issue with this game right now, it's it looks like hunters have little to no chance against any monster.
I mean, a monster can build its own tactics and have a lot of fun because it's independent, while the hunters cannot really build any good tactics in a few minutes because they really need to be cooperative and well, most of the time anybody does their best, but without any real cooperation.

RBK

Banned
Where can I find a good deal for this on the XB1?

Going to buy it now since you can find the pre-order bonus code pretty easily now.

DY_nasty

No problem, it's always nice to read a good post.

My issue with this game right now, it's it looks like hunters have little to no chance against any monster.
I mean, a monster can build its own tactics and have a lot of fun because it's independent, while the hunters cannot really build any good tactics in a few minutes because they really need to be cooperative and well, most of the time anybody does their best, but without any real cooperation.

I strongly disagree with this. I think you should throw your GT/PSN ID out there and try to roll with one of the groups of guys here. There is a lot to the game that simply isn't in the tutorials. Good group synergy can tackle any Stage 3 Monster. Your job as a monster isn't to simply brute force the group (it may feel like that) but it is primarily to disrupt that synergy as much as possible and frequently.

Hunter teamwork can be unspoken. Medics can dance around between Assault mines, Trappers can tie down Monsters for the whole group with an assortment of slows, Supports can cloak at good times to ease revives, etc... But a lot of the bigger plays require at least some form of verbal communication and acknowledgment. That's where the Hunter game shines imo

SMZC

Alright, I have to say, I'm really baffled by this:

https://twitter.com/EvolveGame/status/565725567816040449

49.9% monster wins? How is this even possible? Unless most people are really shitty monsters, there's no way the win ratio is so even with the way the game is balanced right now. As a regular monster player, being the monster is too damn easy, and this is so even if you are not all that familiar with the game. It doesn't even compare to the level of skill, communication and coordination that is required of the human team for it to even stand a chance.

Really. How in the world are these numbers possible?

Had an amazing monster game last night. Lasted 22 minutes on Hunt. The enemy team was amazing. They split up, they coordinated well. I guess this is my first experience against the middle trapper. His harpoon gun is annoying as FUCK in the hands of a good user.

They trapped me twice on stage one and almost killed me. I got to stage two and they trapped me again. They trapped me a 4th time with about 30% health and only maybe 2 bars of armor and I thought I was done. I had to start playing like a pussy, just running from cover to cover trapped in the dome. But it worked.

Eventually I hit stage 3, it recovered about double the health I'd had, and they immediately went to defend the relay. I think this was their mistake. If they'd stayed on me I might not have armored up. But I did. And I had downed the medic once and trapper twice while they were off alone (the downside of splitting up) so when I went for the relay they domed me but I quickly took out the trapper. The medic came close to try and revive... big mistake. Caira dies. I pummel assault to death and then support is running away. I pounce on him and kill him.

Was an amazing comeback. Next up was day 5 and I sat there obliterating them not even paying attention to health and died after destroying one station. But I still won evacuation I guess.

DY_nasty

49.9% monster wins? How is this even possible? Unless most people are really shitty monsters, there's no way the win ratio is so even with the way the game is balanced right now. As a regular monster player, being the monster is too damn easy, and this is so even if you are not all that familiar with the game. It doesn't even compare to the level of skill, communication and coordination that is required of the human team for it to even stand a chance.

There are plenty of bad monsters out there that think that getting to level 3 = winning. We got guys in this thread posting sub-3 minute monster kills too lol

deoee

I can't press how much fun this game is for moderate amount of times (max ~2 - 3 hours at once) with friends.

It's like the perfect game to boot up and play in the evening for a few rounds cause they are so short and intense x0

Klyka

Banned

Because every time you think "Man I am a damn good monster" there is a group of people out there thinking "man, we are some damn good hunters"

Klyka

Banned
I can't press how much fun this game is for moderate amount of times (max ~2 - 3 hours at once) with friends.

It's like the perfect game to boot up and play in the evening for a few rounds cause they are so short and intense x0

THIS is why I bought the game. Directly after the beta ended I wanted to always boot it up for just " 1 or 2 rounds".

It's PERFECT for that.

SMZC

There are plenty of bad monsters out there that think that getting to level 3 = winning. We got guys in this thread posting sub-3 minute monster kills too lol

Oh yeah, I've seen my fair share of those, lol. But even then, I have a hard time believing that those guys are responsible for those numbers. They just don't add up. Even if we accept that there are a lot of clueless players out there fucking the monster statistics up, those very same players are going to be playing as humans too. Any given team may have three amazing players, but a single clueless player is going to ruin the entire match for them. That's a lot of ruined human teams that are apparently not reflected in those statistics.

...unless I'm missing something?

Because every time you think "Man I am a damn good monster" there is a group of people out there thinking "man, we are some damn good hunters"

Well, to be fair, I've faced a few human teams who seemed very, very competent to me. They were perfectly coordinated, each player knew their role well, they did a superb job at tracking me down the whole time and they were always forcing me on my toes... but even then, as a monster, I always had an option. Whenever I was in the slightest of trouble, I always had a way out, or a way to fight back. I can't picture many teams doing much better than some of the best I've faced, and even then, I really think playing as the monster is just too damn easy.

I've played a lot, admittedly, but I never felt like I went through a learning curve with the monster. It started feeling easy and it's still easy.

Klyka

Banned
Oh yeah, I've seen my fair share of those, lol. But even then, I have a hard time believing that those guys are responsible for those numbers. They just don't add up. Even if we accept that there are a lot of clueless players out there fucking the monster statistics up, those very same players are going to be playing as humans too. Any given team may have three amazing players, but a single clueless player is going to ruin the entire match for them. That's a lot of ruined human teams that are apparently not reflected in those statistics.

...unless I'm missing something?

Well, to be fair, I've faced a few human teams who seemed very, very competent to me. They were perfectly coordinated, each player knew their role well, they did a superb job at tracking me down the whole time and they were always forcing me on my toes... but even then, as a monster, I always had an option. Whenever I was in the slightest of trouble, I always had a way out, or a way to fight back. I can't picture many teams doing much better than some of the best I've faced, and even then, I really think playing as the monster is just too damn easy.

I've played a lot, admittedly, but I never felt like I went through a learning curve with the monster. It started feeling easy and it's still easy.

You think the monster is easy.
Thousands of other players feel the monster is the hardest thing to play in the game.

Skyzard

Banned
Play with GAFfers

Ok guys, let's get some opinions on the different hunters and what part of the game they are best at going,shall we?

Bucket: Fantastic in Defend and Nest mode.
Hank: Awesome in Rescue and Nest, great in Hunt.
Abe: Defend/Nest/Rescue are his thing.
Maggie: Best in Hunt, good for Defend.

Some off of the top of my head.

So hard to pick with medic unless you're considering the support role too imo:

Val - Tranq is amazing but need to be good and have luck with spotting the monster - but it's useful in combat too. I usually take some jetpack recharge or even height to get a good eye on the monster and slow. Lots of switching in combat and keeping her distance.
Can't heal herself or escape well, needs to rely on hank to protect her with the shield when in trouble - usually she can stay far away but monster will often target her. Good all-rounder imo especially for normal hunts even against tough monsters but needs a good Hank.

Laz needs hank even more since can't heal well - if the team mates know to spread away from downed victims while protecting corpses from being eaten then this dude is awesome. But you can't expect to give people good healing during combat all the time, especially if people space out and aren't good at dodging/just getting ravaged. Shield would also be appreciated to prevent damage instead. If monster catches on and always eats corpses and waits, or always targets you first and you aren't getting shielded/already used your invis then he's hard to play well. Sniper rifle helps assault and sometimes support to do major damage though - great for defend in evac. Got to pick time to revive really well. Stressful to play as but can be so useful and is annoying to play against if he's being protected and gets away a lot.

Caira - fun to play, great for nest with the speed boost but misses death revives and slowdown with tranq. Heal grenades not as accurate or constant like the gun is, but it's harder to know where the medic is and she can keep her distance a bit while healing and also escape if lucky with the movement speed boost recharging in time.

They're all good medics but they can't solo support. If no Hank then probably don't go Laz as health will drop too fast.
With a good Hank for support, medic's job is so much easier. I've only played a few games where someone uses Hank to shield more than firing with the assault though.

Hank's shield is so good - I take increased battery charge with him.

TL;DR: I'm happiest as medic when support always goes Hank and uses the shield protector well :p Otherwise no Laz for sure and I'll go Val for hunt or Caira for nest/rescue.
But it's sometimes just not fun medic if support thinks he's the second assault and not a support character, especially as Val who doesn't have an 'escape' skill.

THIS is why I bought the game. Directly after the beta ended I wanted to always boot it up for just " 1 or 2 rounds".

It's PERFECT for that.

1 or 2 rounds... I wish. I lose a lot of sleep to this game.

SMZC

Thousands of other players feel the monster is the hardest thing to play in the game.

Can't say my experience reflects this, at all. :\ When I play as a human, it usually takes a very shitty monster for my team to win. Going up against any monster who knows what they're doing feels like a terribly unfair fight.

Yeah, judging by how all these people think something different is OP and the wins stat is very evenly split, TRS managed to balance well.
If everything is called OP then you know its balanced.

Klyka

Banned
Can't say my experience reflects this, at all. :\ When I play as a human, it usually takes a very shitty monster for my team to win. Going up against any monster who knows what they're doing feels like a terribly unfair fight.

Different perceptions bro.

Papercuts

Laz is really good in Rescue since one of the biggest chances the monster has are the survivors starting with a strike. Even if one dies he can still bring them back.

Cabot doesn't seem good in Nest since you can't damage amp the eggs. Bucket's turrets and hank's orbital are way better there.

Skyzard

Banned
Any support hunters with a good excuse for not playing as Hank when playing properly not trying new things or to unlock stuff?

And when you're Hank you remember to play as a support character and not a second assault - any reason you're not holding the shield 90% of the time?

The way I see it, if you expect medic to stick around long enough to do their job with a good monster (that targets medic), you need to play as Hank and shield a lot. If you give Laz a chance to put up spikes and have a chance to attack your assault can do decent damage, and if you've timed your strike well you can do insane damage but you only get brief moments for these things, mostly imo you need to be holding shield and at medium range to switch between players that need shield or get them out with group invis.

What's the point of other support characters in hunt, I dunno. Especially with monsters that know to go for the medic.

Klyka

Banned
Laz is really good in Rescue since one of the biggest chances the monster has are the survivors starting with a strike. Even if one dies he can still bring them back.

Cabot doesn't seem good in Nest since you can't damage amp the eggs. Bucket's turrets and hank's orbital are way better there.

You actually CAN damage amp the eggs but only once their armor is removed!

Klyka

Banned
Any support hunters with a good excuse for not playing as Hank when playing properly not trying new things or to unlock stuff?

And when you're Hank you remember to play as a support character and not a second assault - any reason you're not holding the shield 90% of the time?

Bucket works better in defend and nest than Hank does.
Hank works better in Rescue.
Cabot works amazingly well in hunt.

Skyzard

Banned
Bucket works better in defend and nest than Hank does.
Hank works better in Rescue.
Cabot works amazingly well in hunt.

With nest I reckon Hank is still decent, orbital strike basically finishes an egg on the spot and shield is invaluable - even the invisibility is great. Defend...maybe the drones would be better. But the minions aren't really a problem for that (if people aren't ignoring them)...it's usually the ranged monsters that move about quick and wrecking the hunters with their high level.

Cabot has the dust cloud for spotting and can do damage but can't keep people alive. It's all on the medic. You need people alive to do damage...if the medic is the only defense he'll get taken out quick by decent monsters.

That's what I'm thinking atm anyway. Bit annoyed by it tbh as I prefer to play medic but don't usually feel I can do it as well as I'd like without Hank and usually feel some pressure that I should be shielding with him instead as too many don't.

Papercuts

The way I see it, if you expect medic to stick around long enough to do their job with a good monster (that targets medic), you need to play as Hank and shield a lot. If you give Laz a chance to put up spikes and have a chance to attack your assault can do decent damage, and if you've timed your strike well you can do insane damage but you only get brief moments for these things, mostly imo you need to be holding shield and at medium range to switch between players that need shield or get them out with group invis.

What's the point of other support characters in hunt, I dunno. Especially with monsters that know to go for the medic.

While Hank is pretty much always a solid choice, Bucket and Cabot both bring additional tracking and DPS amplification. Bucket's turrets can do serious work and in tandem with other hunter traps can give medic a lot of breathing room and retreat options.

The UAV and Dust also help out Griffin and Abe a lot, especially Abe. These two trappers also have more direct control options compared to Maggie on defending a medic with a direct harpoon tether and slowmo grenades. There can also be deadly combos like cabot with a damage amp, abe tossing down stasis fields then switching to his shotty, and parnell just RIPPING into the monster and doing so much damage that the monster can't ignore it and continue to bullrush the medic. As someone who mainly put in time as the monster, the damage amp is close to the shield projection at making me switch targets to get them out of the match.

Plus they all still have the cloak to coordinate with.

Klyka

Banned
With nest I reckon Hank is still decent, orbital strike basically finishes an egg on the spot and shield is invaluable - even the invisibility is great. Defend...maybe the drones would be better. But the minions aren't really a problem for that (if people aren't ignoring them)...it's usually the ranged monsters that move about quick and wrecking the hunters with their high level.

Cabot has the dust cloud for spotting and can do damage but can't keep people alive. It's all on the medic. You need people alive to do damage...if the medic is the only defense he'll get taken out quick by decent monsters.

That's what I'm thinking atm anyway. Bit annoyed by it tbh as I prefer to play medic but don't usually feel I can do it as well as I'd like without Hank and usually feel some pressure that I should be shielding with him instead as too many don't.

The shield is good but it's not the be all end all.
It's all about the team composition and people knowing where to stand and how to play.

For example, remember that round we played yesterday where I was Hank and we fought in that canyon? I couldn't shield. At all. I got maybe half a second of shield off because I just did not have any line of sight. Had I been Bucket or Cabot I could have at least put some nice DPS on the monster.

Skyzard

Banned
^ The round before those was so damn smooth though, I was so happy with that Hank who got lots of good shield times. Playing Val was a piece of cake and we had two proper supporters.
True, it sucks when you can't get there in time to shield but most of the time the range is rather good and you have others that can put on damage amps or even the devastating orbital strike. I feel like the extra shielding is just too useful still...might need the jetpack recharge instead of the battery capacity if we're spacing out a bit and just burst shield instead of holding it.

While Hank is pretty much always a solid choice, Bucket and Cabot both bring additional tracking and DPS amplification. Bucket's turrets can do serious work and in tandem with other hunter traps can give medic a lot of breathing room and retreat options.

The UAV and Dust also help out Griffin and Abe a lot, especially Abe. These two trappers also have more direct control options compared to Maggie on defending a medic with a direct harpoon tether and slowmo grenades. There can also be deadly combos like cabot with a damage amp, abe tossing down stasis fields then switching to his shotty, and parnell just RIPPING into the monster and doing so much damage that the monster can't ignore it and continue to bullrush the medic. As someone who mainly put in time as the monster, the damage amp is close to the shield projection at making me switch targets to get them out of the match.

Plus they all still have the cloak to coordinate with.

Slow-down grenades don't seem all that reliable - almost never work like you want them to from matches I played (in protecting someone enough) and having the support know to give group invisibility after the medic gets knocked back by the monster during the few seconds you have to catch up with jetpack boosting (if you have it and even if they're being held back by a harpoon...it only tends to last a few seconds with the monster still having eyes on the medic).

Doing damage is great but you just can't do enough without staying alive long enough and no one can do that well except for Hank and 2/3 medics. Monsters will ignore so much damage on them if they know they have the medic in their grasp, often they take it too far and get blindsighted by the damage they receive but it makes the next medic kill easier too and they run off to evolve and regen some health as well.

The damage beam is good for taking away attention, you're right, little bit less annoyed now...but the medic goes down so fast that it's worth it as you can spend the rest of your time doing damage that stays and no one is there to heal or shield.

It's why you often get straight up tunnel vision on the medic. Even the AI monster knows to do it.

So unless I've got a shielding Hank I don't think it's really worth playing Val (for her own safety) or Laz (for total group heal/damage prevention).

* If they're playing bucket I'm straight up going Caira in hunt.
* If they're going Cabot I may go Val because I love her tranq so much and he has the damage buff that kind of attracts attention, but will be safer with Caira as well. Not so much Laz as not enough group healing/damage prevention.
* If they're playing Hank - which I feel they should be (and shielding, or trying to most of the time), then I don't mind going anyone. Probably best for Laz in hunt, if the monster isn't getting around to eating corpses and people take the fight away after someone is downed by spreading out just enough to be able to shoot them from the body. Otherwise Val.

Okay, good. Think I've got a plan now, before I was always uncomfortable with making the medic choice and was happy just going hank knowing i'd be okay while also coming in real handy.

Ardenyal

Side note: why does everyone love Lazarus? The glove is helpful at times, but his lack of actual healing makes him a liability if anything. It makes more sense to keep people from dying in the first place...

He is the only medic with survivability of his own (cloak). I love playing Valerie but once she gets targeted and no one helps her deal with the pressure it's GG.

AEREC

Im having performance issues on PC that I really dont think I shoudl be having with a GTX 760 on at least medium settings...thinking about asking for a refund from steam and then putting it towards the PS4 version.

How smooth is the PS4 version? Does it run at a constant 30fps with no dips?

I can't imagine anyone who likes Destiny not liking this game.

It feels so polished and clearly demonstrates how far we've come since PS3/360. Addictive game.

I forgot to remove this from my Gamefly queue after I bought the PC version, so I'm giving the PS4 version a whirl before I send it back.
First game: map showed a blank space so I was completely lost. But I still managed to kill them at stage 1 lol

But yeah after that one win I was placed around 120k on the overall leaderboard, so I'm guessing the PS4 sales aren't too much higher than that?

I forgot to remove this from my Gamefly queue after I bought the PC version, so I'm giving the PS4 version a whirl before I send it back.
First game: map showed a blank space so I was completely lost. But I still managed to kill them at stage 1 lol

But yeah after that one win I was placed around 120k on the overall leaderboard, so I'm guessing the PS4 sales aren't too much higher than that?

I wanna see how far down the leaderboards go but I don't want to spend 30 minutes scrolling.
Anyone got an idea?

IcyEyes

I strongly disagree with this. I think you should throw your GT/PSN ID out there and try to roll with one of the groups of guys here. There is a lot to the game that simply isn't in the tutorials. Good group synergy can tackle any Stage 3 Monster. Your job as a monster isn't to simply brute force the group (it may feel like that) but it is primarily to disrupt that synergy as much as possible and frequently.

Hunter teamwork can be unspoken. Medics can dance around between Assault mines, Trappers can tie down Monsters for the whole group with an assortment of slows, Supports can cloak at good times to ease revives, etc... But a lot of the bigger plays require at least some form of verbal communication and acknowledgment. That's where the Hunter game shines imo

I agree with your quote and for completeness this is more of my current view/experience. Anyway, I think it's more a matter of time right now.

I think, I feel, that playing this game in a "casual" way, makes the life a lot easier for the monster. Playing this game in a proper way, probably the monster's life is not that easy ....

There are a lot of casual players out there (not meant to be an offense of course) ...
Anyway if this game will survive for the next three months, I bet that everybody (monster and hunter) will have a lot of fun because the "casual" player is not a skilled one and well, less casual players will mean more fun.

It's a game with a very deep strategy, but it takes some time to be mastered, after that I'm pretty sure this game will be one of the best MP out there.

Klyka

Banned
I just had the funniest end to a really good round I have experienced so far:

So we are on the ass of this Goliath like CONSTANTLY. Dude is quite good, went Stage 2 after like 1:20min, absolutely no way for us to even get half way across the map before he did that. We catch him a few times and do really good damage, one time we almost have him, he escapes and evolves to Stage 3. We trap him and get him down to a sliver of health but he killed our support, trapper and mme, the assault. Our medic, Val, managed to run away and was more than 200m away from him, so she was pretty safe and we only had like 30sec left on the drop ship. The monster really only has a sliver of health left, even with full armor we would surely drop him in the next fight.

So we all spectate this Val when the character suddenly says "General, if you are listening....this job sucks..." and two steps later she runs straight into a flesh eating plant.
We lose.

Everyone just laughed their damn asses off, it was that funny.
I love this community too, the game doesn't foster tryharding. If you lose at the end, no one really gives a shit as long as it was fun and players will always GG the monster or the hunters and share a few words.

jesu

Hadn't played all week, and was getting a bit worried by the posts saying it was no good to be played with randoms....

Well I've been playing it tonight with nothing but randoms and I've been having a great time!
We win some we lose some, as long as I get at least 2 green arrows at the end of the match I'm happy.
Even won the one game where I was the monster :)

Top Bottom