• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Exciting GAF Air Dashers reporting/results thread

Yeah 3, but never a repeat. She can make it spawn from the front or back as well depending on what button she presses to start the super

I'm gonna guess C is front and D is back.

But yeah that set was seriously a blast. I'd say we should play more but with it not being BB I dunno how that'd work for ya :p

P4A

gibration (1) vs me (3)

Good games, though I don't know why I derped out that one round where all I did was basically just use Coup A over and over again :/ ...though that was kinda funny. And that set reminds me I really need to work on my corner skills, you can push me into the corner and work a full combo and I'm not that good at that lol. I still got some learning to do.

We should play more later

FluxWaveZ

GGs. I'm so salty at the number of DPs you got off on me, though. I was OMC'ing to bait those out and wasn't getting them at all :(

Fortunately for me, S. Lab is one of the characters that one can actually go DP heavy with, for the most part.

Not too happy about my performance overall, though. Was dropping combos all over the place and I think it had been a while since I faced a good Elizabeth, so I forgot how to deal with Thanatos.

Fortunately for me, S. Lab is one of the characters that one can actually go DP heavy with, for the most part.

Not too happy about my performance overall, though. Was dropping combos all over the place and I think it had been a while since I faced a good Elizabeth, so I forgot how to deal with Thanatos.

We should play more some time if you're up for it. I need to learn the Shabrys matchup badly. I get hit by a lot of stuff I probably shouldn't.

Rhapsody

Banned
I'm assuming because of distance, right? Since I've gotten caught even around max Narukami 5B range.

I want to play Omnix (and Mo) too sometime since we haven't played yet. Unless you guys don't want to give anything away come tourney matches.

I'm assuming because of distance, right? Since I've gotten caught even around max Narukami 5B range.

I want to play Omnix (and Mo) too sometime since we haven't played yet. Unless you guys don't want to give anything away come tourney matches.

I don't mind playing you even though we haven't had a tournament match yet. I'm really just doing this to find more competition at the end of the day. If I don't win certain matches, it's my fault alone...though I'm not saying I don't want to win :p

Fugu

Some of them were close, but my failing to confirm combos made the whole thing lop-sided. Sorry about that. I haven't been practicing CSE at all, and even when I knew how to play Litchi gave me problems xD

GGs
I'm going to be perfectly honest with you and say that I rushed the shit out of those games because I did not give myself even remotely enough time to play four rounds. As a result I played a sloppy, aggressive game that I'm not very happy with (see the alarming number of DPs and dumb corner bursting for koukushi mixup). As a result, if you ever feel like playing some BB I'd really like a proper rematch where I can focus on the game and not spam 6B[m] like a tool.

As a Hakumen player, you do not need to fear koukushi at all. If Litchi uses koukushi, all you need to do is neutral tech (assuming you're knocked down) and press drive over and over again. It works every time and it makes you invulnerable for the entire period. Litchi can't get close to you without getting caught by the counter and therefore she can't mix you up. No meter required, no thought required.
In addition to this, if you neutral tech early enough and Litchi is in range, you can do a wakeup super counter which will a) get you out of the corner and b) hit Litchi.

I'm going to be perfectly honest with you and say that I rushed the shit out of those games because I did not give myself even remotely enough time to play four rounds. As a result I played a sloppy, aggressive game that I'm not very happy with (see the alarming number of DPs and dumb corner bursting for koukushi mixup). As a result, if you ever feel like playing some BB I'd really like a proper rematch where I can focus on the game and not spam 6B[m] like a tool.

As a Hakumen player, you do not need to fear koukushi at all. If Litchi uses koukushi, all you need to do is neutral tech (assuming you're knocked down) and press drive over and over again. It works every time and it makes you invulnerable for the entire period. Litchi can't get close to you without getting caught by the counter and therefore she can't mix you up. No meter required, no thought required.
In addition to this, if you neutral tech early enough and Litchi is in range, you can do a wakeup super counter which will a) get you out of the corner and b) hit Litchi.

It certainly did seem like you were rushing some things, but all in all your offense and defense was much more solid. I'd really appreciate a rematch and any number of games when you feel like it because I am honestly just lacking. I want to get back to where I was before CP drops, and it would be even better if I can improve on what I lacked in the past. Thanks for the tips, I'll keep that in mind for when we play again.

Joule

Me (1) vs Naite (3) in P4A.

Some hilarious exchanges there at the end. I need to play this game more so I don't just flail around.

Onemic

GG

0 - 4 vs MotheHawk

ggs ;_;

dat atrocious lag...Not that it would have helped me anyway since I still don't really know how to play this game.

Uncle AJ

P4A

4-0 vs. gravitypenguin

GGs. Some of those were pretty close. You should block low sometimes, though. :)

And yeah GGs Karsius. That lag was pure ass but oh well.

Rhapsody

Banned
P4A Rhapsody (4) - SolarKnight (0)

GGs. It's a shame the connection wasn't better since it looked like it messed us both up.

P4A Rhapsody (4) - SolarKnight (0)

GGs. It's a shame the connection wasn't better since it looked like it messed us both up.

Is it sad that that was the best connection I've had all tournament.

Anyways, GGs, I can't say that it affected my execution (although there was that one time I had you in the corner that I did things I don't even know why or how I even did them), but I'd certainly like to repeat this offline even if just to see if it really was just me being too slow to react to Yu's oki or if the lag "helped".

Whatever the case, that Yu was solid.

TWILT

Banned
I win 4-0 against Karsius in P4A.

Good games. Those matches were pretty nice till lag hit those last two matches.

Korigama

P4A round 8
Korigama vs. Orpheus Telos
2-2

GGs. Been a while since I went up against anyone else who played Labrys (I still have a good deal of work to put in with her on the side).

So yeah, playing matches on thursday might be a little inconvenient since PSN is gonna go under maintenance.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/08/19/psn-maintenance-scheduled-for-thursday-august-22nd/

In order to continue bringing you the best online games experience on PSN, we will perform routine maintenance beginning Thursday, August 22nd. This maintenance will start at approximately 12:00 Noon PT (1:00PM MT / 2:00PM CT / 3:00PM ET) and last until around 6:30PM PT (7:30PM MT / 8:30PM CT / 9:30PM ET). During the maintenance period, you may receive a maintenance notification when attempting to access PSN.

The PlayStation Store, PlayStation Home and Account Management will not be available during the maintenance period but you WILL be able to access online play and apps provided that you have signed in to the Network at some point between now and the time of the maintenance. So please be sure to sign in now if you wish to access the Network during Thursday’s maintenance window.

So yeah you guys know the drill by now, get signed in on PSN before maintenance starts if you want to play online.

FluxWaveZ

Hm, so I didn't have my match against AutumnAve in the GG tournament (dunno if he's still even participating in it).

It's kinda weak, and I apologize, but I'll be dropping out of the three subsequent GG rounds. The results wouldn't change by much anyways, heh.

GG

RoeBear (3) vs me (1)

Fucking lord, this netcode is baaaaaaad soemtimes lol. I had input lag that was almost a second long in that whole set, once it took a little while for the game to select Sol after I hit Square, I thought "oh boy here it goes..." lol.

That said at least we finally finished that up lol, gg's for what we could make of it

RoeBear

Yeah pretty sure neither of us will get top three in GG so it's really no harm done for me. My pessimism makes me want to give up but It's like 10 minutes tops out of my day so I don't really care.

Yeah pretty sure neither of us will get top three in GG so it's really no harm done for me. My pessimism makes me want to give up but It's like 10 minutes tops out of my day so I don't really care.

Oh yeah I wasn't ever expecting top 3 in any of the games I signed up for, I really only did it because it sounded fun, which it is for me. If anything though I just wish Arc actually fixed this up one day, with a good netcode this port could have been amazing and more fun to play

Rhapsody

Banned
I've only had 1 good GG connection and 1 ok connection for this tourney while the rest were bad to unplayable.

It's just super dependent on both players' network, and if you're wired. I've had a better GG connection with a certain EC friend than I have for BB here lol

Top Bottom