• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Exciting GAF Air Dashers reporting/results thread

FluxWaveZ

Good games man.

Thanks! I was mostly on the defensive, but if there's one thing I can tell that's paid off from my training, it's my blocking. Not to say it's perfect or anywhere close, but there was a time where I couldn't block anything from another Litchi player called Uri_Woz.

Persona 4 Arena

FluxWaveZ vs. gibration

4 - 0

Was really surprised how I think I only ever saw one DP since you were playing Mitsuru.

gibration

Thanks! I was mostly on the defensive, but if there's one thing I can tell that's paid off from my training, it's my blocking.

Persona 4 Arena

FluxWaveZ vs. gibraiton

4 - 0

Was really surprised how I think I only ever saw one DP since you were playing Mitsuru.

GGs. Still learning. I often forget that I can do certain moves.

Fugu

Thanks! I was mostly on the defensive, but if there's one thing I can tell that's paid off from my training, it's my blocking. Not to say it's perfect or anywhere close, but there was a time where I couldn't block anything from a player called Uri_Woz.

Persona 4 Arena

FluxWaveZ vs. gibraiton

4 - 0

Yeah, you blocked pretty well. Your pressure and rushdown are holding you back a lot, though.

Agggh, the wait for round two is particularly tedious, especially after getting back into the game following a little hiatus.

I desire blood flow NOW... but the AC+ online lobby is deserted during the week and I've got work nine hours of the day.

Onemic

GG's the slight lag felt weird at first XD started getting back in my grove at the end.

Do you got his main bnb down yet?

ggs

And which one? I just have his basic wolf form midscreen BnB and his human form midscreen rapid BnB. Biggest thing is that I just don't practice this game, since I'm mainly waiting for CP so I can play Azrael/Izayoi/Mutsuki. :p

That and execution keeps me from playing the real character I want to use in Extend(Hakumen)

So I'm officially not returning until wednesday which means the soonest I can play is late Wednesday and even that's just a maybe.

I'm fucked for the first round aren't I?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
ggs

And which one? I just have his basic wolf form midscreen BnB and his human form midscreen rapid BnB. Biggest thing is that I just don't practice this game, since I'm mainly waiting for CP so I can play Azrael/Izayoi/Mutsuki. :p

That and execution keeps me from playing the real character I want to use in Extend(Hakumen)
Ah yeah understandable :p

Busaiku

Yeah, please let me know if you weren't able to get your match going.
I forgot to address this issue earlier on, so I may allow for some slack.

Busaiku

I'll leave it open until I move everything along, cause you never know.
Though, I guess I can always change it later too.

Yeah, please let me know if you weren't able to get your match going.
I forgot to address this issue earlier on, so I may allow for some slack.

sooo what happens when the person I plan to play isn't back till tuesday. The one day I might be out the whole day.

Busaiku

I'm probably gonna allow for something like allowing everyone to make up a round if they missed it.
But if the problem keeps persisting, I'm not gonna be as lenient, sorry.

Busaiku

I'll give considerations towards people who try to contact me and notify me of the situation, as well as player participation throughout the tournament.
If there is an entrant that repeatedly does not make it, I'll have to update stuff based on that.

However, as I've stated, I will give everyone the opportunity to play round they were unable to complete, as I didn't lay out the exact dates beforehand.
However, that is the most I'm willing to do in this case.

Busaiku

I'm gonna give you the win for now, and it'll show up 1-0 on the bracket, but Solarknight can later exercise the option to have that match later down the line as well.
Your participation in future rounds will also affect it as well. If for some reason I see that you miss several matches with others, then that will go to nobody.

Busaiku

Rhapsody/Karsius, Naite/irfaanator, Omnix ~That One Hero/cj_iwakura, GamerJM/Ragingnight, SolarKnight/TroubleBat, and Lemstar/FSLink, today is the last day to play your matches for the 1st round in Persona 4 Arena.

Naite

Rhapsody/Karsius, Naite/irfaanator, Omnix ~That One Hero/cj_iwakura, GamerJM/Ragingnight, SolarKnight/TroubleBat, and Lemstar/FSLink, today is the last day to play your matches for the 1st round in Persona 4 Arena.
Thanks for the reminder. Irfaanator was out of town til today, so hopefully we can get our match in at 8pm est tonight.

Rhapsody

Banned
Played Karsius today in P4A and went 2-2. GGs Karsius.

I only had pad, so I might've done some odd sloppy things, haha.

I'll do my GG and BB matches tomorrow.

Onemic

BB

vs Rhapzody

2 - 2

ggs Rhap. It's either that I've never faced you before or you leveled up a ton since I last fought you. My lack of practice is catching up to me...

what happens exactly in the event of a tie?

Rhapsody

Banned
We never played, but we added each other on PSN earlier. I actually don't mind the matchup when I'm using Yu, but I botched some stuff and had to use some shenanigans because I got nervous.

And the tourney is just by points. .25 for each win, so we both got .5.

gamerJM Will you be on later tonight? Its 8pst and i'm about to go out and get dinner. I'll be home and available all the way until 12midnight (and maybe 30mins - 1 hour more).

edit

nvm not going out. I'm available all night

Lemstar

So how are people eliminated?
They aren't. Everyone plays every round.

In most Swiss tournaments, though, the number of rounds is just enough to leave only one player/team with a perfect record (5 rounds for 17-32 players, 6 for 33-64, etc). I'm not sure how this tournament is going to look in the end.

Busaiku

Round 2 for Persona 4 Arena is up.
I'll try and send PMs in the morning.

It's also the last day for Round 1 of Guilty Gear XX Accent Core + and BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend.
Mo the Hawk/Rhapsody and Karsius/Omnix ~ That One Hero still have matches in Guilty Gear XX Accent Core +.
gravitypenguin/FSLink, Rhapsody/Octavion Rex, and SolarKnight/Naite still have matches in BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend.

I've noted whoever said that they probably wouldn't be able to make it (Omnix and SolarKnight).

Uncle AJ

Glad I get to play the next round of P4A before I leave on vacation for a week.

Which reminds me: Busaiku, after Round 2 of P4A and Round 1 of GG, I forfeit my matches for the following rounds, as I'll be unavailable until August 8th at the earliest. Please award points however you see fit.

Thanks for staying on top of things!

TWILT

Banned
Oh my, 2nd round already? Need to practice some more...

Contacted my P4A opponent, Troubled Bat, via PM.

Rhapsody

Banned
Played Guilty Gear with Mo. I won 3, he won 1.

GGs, Mo, and have fun on your trip. Also I didn't mean to Taunt. I forgot where I had my Dust button and tried to burst.

Top Bottom