• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Exciting GAF Air Dashers reporting/results thread

Canti.

GGs Naite 2-2 in BB

Shame about the lag, it definitely affected us.

I won 4-0 in p4a against Cyberman65

Glad to see there is another Kanji in this tourney.

SolarKnight when will you available? I'm good for whenever tonight and tomorrow. We play each other in both BB and P4A so we can knock out both are games right away.

BB Round 2

cj_iwakura vs gravitypenguin: 2-2

GGs man. Got some character variety in this time around :D

edit: No kidding, that was down to the wire. I was having trouble with Lambda especially in regards to dropping stuff due with the coast to coast connection so I'm glad Tager more or less worked out. Solid Tsubaki play :)

Joule

0-4 vs bagandscalpel in GG.

Rip me again.

With a name like that it had to be Faust player. If he wasn't it wouldn't be right. A shame our connection wasn't top notch but it was fun anyway. I really need to learn what to do in this match up.

With a name like that it had to be Faust player. If he wasn't it wouldn't be right. A shame our connection wasn't top notch but it was fun anyway. I really need to learn what to do in this match up.

Yeah, damn shame about the connection. Not very good for the execution.

Also, there's a guy on dustloop called IPlaySol who mains... Zappa, so maybe not all books are like their cover.

Joule

Yeah, damn shame about the connection. Not very good for the execution.

Also, there's a guy on dustloop called IPlaySol who mains... Zappa, so maybe not all books are like their cover.

True enough, a friend of mine used to use Robo-ky as his handle but he played Sol haha.

FluxWaveZ

ggs

it will be a while before Im anywhere near decent in this game.

Yeah, not too sure I'm that decent yet either. I'm planning to import Chronophantasma when it's out so I can eventually get decent at BB.

It's difficult for me to jump into an already established fighting game with people who are really experienced everywhere, which is pretty much the reason the only game I ever had a chance at in this tournament was P4A where I was there from the start as the first FG I ever played competitively.

SolarKnight beat me 3-1 in Persona.

I beat SolarKnight 4-0 in BB.

GGs Solar. The connection wasn't the best but it wasn't too hard to adjust to. I really need to work on Persona a bit more though. I feel like I'm never gonna win a set in it at the moment.

Remind me never to play BB right after P4 ever again. Can we have CP recovery please

Sheesh, Jin DPs already give me trouble, add whatever lag there and I start falling for every single one D:

I need to start playing BB often again.

Naite

So apparently the +R patch is coming out to PSN sometime in August. It has an option to choose which version to play. If it does come out, would we still play on the old version?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
So apparently the +R patch is coming out to PSN sometime in August. It has an option to choose which version to play. If it does come out, would we still play on the old version?
Honestly since it started with the old version we should stick with it. It's not fair to swap mid way.

Busaiku

irfaanator/Octavion Rex, FSLink/Rhapsody, and Lemstar/Omnix ~ That One Hero, you guys have through the end of today to complete your matches in Persona 4 Arena.

Busaiku

I completely forgot I had this, but I've got a code for Skullgirls on Steam (which will be the full game I guess).

So Persona 4 Arena fans or Guilty Gear XX Accent Core + fans, which of you want it more.
It'll be a 2nd place prize (in addition to the plush/poster) for one of those.

I'm leaning towards Persona 4 Arena, since it has more entrants.

Busaiku

Due to some very unfortunate circumstances, it seems Octavion Rex will have to drop out for the rest of the tournament.

Given this, the rest of the matches involving him will count as byes.

So here is how I thought I would handle byes/DQs.
In the event of such, those that are still willing and able to play will be awarded 0.25 points (1 game).
However, if I am not contacted by either party, nobody will receive points.

As I mentioned, if you miss a match, you are free to play it later on, but only once for each game.

Rhapsody

Banned
At this point, I'm hoping I just place well. Disappointed at my current score so I'm hoping I can make it up in the following rounds.

Rhapsody

Banned
Double post for results

Rhapsody vs Karsius

Guilty Gear
4-0

Too bad the match was laggy, since I know that affected your character more than mine.

Onemic

Double post for results

Rhapsody vs Karsius

Guilty Gear
4-0

Too bad the match was laggy, since I know that affected your character more than mine.

ggs

Still would have been a 4 - 0. I'm a beginner in this game, dont let that inflated player win percentage fool you.

Busaiku

He said he'll be gone for this week, so probably.

Yeah, but you're right 0.25 points might be too low.
So how do you guys feel about 0.5 points?

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, but you're right 0.25 points might be too low.
So how do you guys feel about 0.5 points?

I still don't like the idea of a player being disadvantaged because of their opponent when it wasn't their fault.

It might be harsh, but I think either a player who can't make it for a match should be essentially DQ'ed and the points for that MU should be distributed equally amongst all players for things to be balanced or to give players where an opponent can't make it 1 full point because it's the potential maximum amount they could have gotten.

Busaiku

Right, that's why I've given everyone the option of playing a match that they weren't able to.
Whoever requests the match (you must contact me before playing it out) will have that count towards their single option.

TWILT

Banned
Oh boy, I might just get 4-0'd in P4A this round....

Sent Canti (P4A opponent) and AutumnAve (my GG opponent) a PM.

cj_iwakura

Right, that's why I've given everyone the option of playing a match that they weren't able to.
Whoever requests the match (you must contact me before playing it out) will have that count towards their single option.

But if that person is gone, then that isn't much help. I'd say remove them and give the person who didn't get a match a new opponent.

FluxWaveZ

Ah, I think I completely misunderstood.

So those who would be missing a match will get 0.25 or 0.5 out of the match they miss if they still want to participate while their opponent will get 1 point out of it. The person who misses a match will still be able to play said match at a later date granted they haven't missed another in the past.

That's correct?

If that's the case, not too sure why the person who misses a match should be awarded any points at all.

Rhapsody

Banned

So those who would be missing a match will get 0.25 or 0.5 out of the match they miss if they still want to participate while their opponent will get 1 point out of it. The person who misses a match will still be able to play said match at a later date granted they haven't missed another in the past.

That's correct?

If that's the case, not too sure why the person who misses a match should be awarded any points at all.

Yup, you're right. So you're going to be awarded the 1 point this round if Mo isn't able to play.

Busaiku

That's correct?

No, whoever misses a match isn't awarded any points.
The person that is still willing and able to play a match will get 0.5 points.
If either player later wants to play the match, then it will play out like a normal match (both playing for a maximum of 1 point), the 0.5 points will no longer apply.

If neither player contacts me at any point, hadn't left any notification in the thread, or whatever, neither party will be awarded any points.
But if that person is gone, then that isn't much help. I'd say remove them and give the person who didn't get a match a new opponent.
That only applies to Octavion Rex in this case, so there's nothing that can really be done, since there would be an odd number of participants.

FluxWaveZ

No, whoever misses a match isn't awarded any points.
The person that is still willing and able to play a match will get 0.5 points.
If either player later wants to play the match, then it will play out like a normal match (both playing for a maximum of 1 point), the 0.5 points will no longer apply.

Alright... So what you're doing to account for the unbalance is that if the player who is still willing and able to play the match who was awarded 0.5 points wants to play the match at a later date, he will get 1 point regardless of if the opponent who couldn't make it wants to or not?

Top Bottom