• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Exciting GAF Air Dashers reporting/results thread

Uncle AJ

Played Guilty Gear with Mo. I won 3, he won 1.

GGs, Mo, and have fun on your trip. Also I didn't mean to Taunt. I forgot where I had my Dust button and tried to burst.

I've played so little of this game that I wouldn't even recognize when a taunt is happening.

FluxWaveZ

This is baseless and I might be wrong, but I feel that the GG tournament is either filled with people who are either total beginners or veterans.

Rhapsody

Banned
Finished my BB match with Octavion Rex. I went 3-1.

This is baseless and I might be wrong, but I feel that the GG tournament is either filled with people who are either total beginners or veterans.

That's what happens when there are tourneys for old games.

TWILT

Banned
GGs Troubled Bat. I win 4-0 in P4A.

Lag wasn't that bad once we let the intro play.

I'm the former. :D

Naite

GG FluxWave, that lag was intense at first.

You should be more mindful of throws. There was plenty of spots where that would've fucked me up and other times where you were asking to be thrown.

FluxWaveZ

GG FluxWave, that lag was intense at first.

You should be more mindful of throws. There was plenty of spots where that would've fucked me up and other times where you were asking to be thrown.

Hm, didn't notice the lag but it's probably because I've spent so little time with the game. I chose Ky by accident in the second match, but I thought, "screw it."

And, haha, thanks for the advice, but I'm not even sure how throwing even works in this game. I think it's a direction and then H? I got more wary of the throws near the end.

Persona 4 Arena

FluxWaveZ vs.RoeBear

4 - 0

It was a 0 connection, but it wasn't too laggy to play in. GGs.

Guilty Gear Round 2

QisTopTier (3 wins) vs me (1 win)

Good games Q, I need to practice my 632146's on the PS3 remote, and it might have been due to network latency or whatever but I need to work on my 41236Dust as well, my timing seems a little too fast.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Guilty Gear Round 2

QisTopTier (3 wins) vs me (1 win)

Good games Q, I need to practice my 632146's on the PS3 remote, and it might have been due to network latency or whatever but I need to work on my 41236Dust as well, my timing seems a little too fast.
haha it was probably mostly latency I couldn't input 623's when I wanted to also ate random dp's I was blocking already :p gg's

That loss pissed me off so I went ape shit in the final round :D

haha it was probably mostly latency I couldn't input 623's when I wanted to also ate random dp's I was blocking already :p gg's

That loss pissed me off so I went ape shit in the final round :D

I really wish Guilty had a better netcode, that set of ours just showed how incredibly meh it is. And yeah that final round you went all "Now I'm Motivated" lol

Also, arc, pls, when's +R

Rhapsody

Banned
I really wish Guilty had a better netcode, that set of ours just showed how incredibly meh it is.
I wish ArcSys would switch to GGPO even since I feel like SCV and P4A netcode is almost as good as it's going to get in the West without it.

Online's going to keep making me sad, regardless of my good internet speed.
Edit: More like decent speed I guess lol

cj_iwakura

I actually felt bad about those first few rounds because how much effort you had to put in to do damage vs me. Then my Liz inexperience and stubborness kicked in.

Yep, Liz is very much a glass cannon. I was too reckless in the first couple games for sure. Keepaway is the safest bet, but if Aki gets in on her, it's over.

I wish ArcSys would switch to GGPO even since I feel like SCV and P4A netcode is almost as good as it's going to get in the West without it.

Online's going to keep making me sad, regardless of my good internet speed.
Edit: More like decent speed I guess lol

I wonder why Arc didn't just use P4A's netcode for the Guilty port, come to think of it.

The sad part is that the custom-made, PC #Reload netplay patch worked a lot better. And that thing was cobbled together by one person, as I understand it.

Onemic

P4A round 2

4 - 0 vs GravityPenguin

ggs Gravity. Your Yukiko is real good. There seems to be a lot more competent P4A gaffers than before....

P4A round 2

Me (4 wins) vs AutumnAve (0)

GG's Autumn, it was fun. And also it was great to play in a game with good netcode this time too (looking at you, Guilty :p )

RoeBear

GGs earlier Flux, I just can't handle those axe characters.

I'm not sure if anyone would be interested but I was going to host a lobby tonight in hopes that some people would come play Blazblue. I'm pretty stressed about the matches for whatever reason, and it would be nice to play with you guys without that added stress. If you want an invite just message me or pm me PSN Roe-Bear.

Rhapsody

Banned
Not gonna lie, Mitsuru matchup is my favorite out of the strong characters. It's just so fun (except when I'm using Labrys).
GGs earlier Flux, I just can't handle those axe characters.

I'm not sure if anyone would be interested but I was going to host a lobby tonight in hopes that some people would come play Blazblue. I'm pretty stressed about the matches for whatever reason, and it would be nice to play with you guys without that added stress. If you want an invite just message me or pm me PSN Roe-Bear.
Later this week when I get to use my arcade stick again, sure. Playing on pad has been giving me stress. D:

Karsius and FSLink, I'll send a PM later if you don't see this, but I'll be able to play on Friday for sure when get back to SoCal.

Busaiku

Oh, just to clarify on something...
Rounds can start early, but they will never end early (unless everyone completes their matches of course).

So say everyone completed their Round 2 matches in Persona 4 Arena by tomorrow.
Round 3 would start tomorrow, but you would have through August 5 to complete your matches if necessary, and so on.
You would not be obligated to play your match until then, but of course, the sooner everyone finishes, the sooner the next Round begins.

Naite

SolarKnight - me
2 - 2
in BB

ggs man. That mid-air bumper in the end of the third game was a complete fluke.

Went 2-2 with Naite on Extend.

Ggs, shame about the lag, I wish the netcode was more like Skullgirls tbh.

Not gonna lie though,I laughed when lag made us both lose a round to "random" super, me getting a jab at the worst moment, and you airdashing right into it after its start up frames.

Naite

Went 2-2 with Naite on Extend.

Ggs, shame about the lag, I wish the netcode was more like Skullgirls tbh.

Not gonna lie though,I laughed when lag made us both lose a round to "random" super, me getting a jab at the worst moment, and you airdashing right into it after its start up frames.

That's pretty much why I threw the nail umbrella in the end. I was hoping to recreate a moment in one of my favourite old Bang combo videos.

Naite

I need to stop playing on my Vita for a while. I keep trying to do +R combos. If you see me doing a bunch of 6HS a lot, that's why.

Rhapsody

Banned
Rhapsody vs Roebear
2-2

Next time if we play, let the intro load so the match is smoother. I got so frustrated by getting 5B Counterhit on your knockdown or during my frame traps so many times lol. GGs though.

RoeBear

Rhapsody vs Roebear
2-2

Next time if we play, let the intro load so the match is smoother. I got so frustrated by getting 5B Counterhit on your knockdown or during my frame traps so many times lol. GGs though.

Sorry I was always under the impression that you didn't have to let the whole intro go to account for that. I thought the character intro was enough.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Sorry I was always under the impression that you didn't have to let the whole intro go to account for that. I thought the character intro was enough.

It's basically free time for the game to sync up better. Starting the match sooner just means you are fighting in the syncing up part

Rhapsody

Banned
It wasn't terrible though luckily. I just never liked using my main online, but I need to hurry and get used to it. lol
I also lost way too much health from "over-teching" by pianoing too much. When's BBCP.

cj_iwakura

Yep, let EVERYTHING play.

Same in P4A.

gravitypenguin: I'm signing on now if you're available, otherwise I'll be around 9PM EST.

Naite

Tied with Canti 2-2 in BB.

A bit salty at how much inputs I was dropping in the last round. But ggs nonetheless.

Top Bottom