• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Exciting GAF Air Dashers reporting/results thread

GamerJM

Banned
4-0 GGs

Man I need to win just one >_>. I can't be this scrubby. It's not like none of the matches haven't been close.

Busaiku

No Im saying if someone wins the entire time but comes across a no show would he be screwed over or does the no show turn into 4 points for that person and the other person with a perfect record play the tie breaker.

No, it'll be a full point.
I only mark as 1-0 to indicate that it's a bye.
If it's okay with you guys, can I retract my replay with Lemstar and play cj? I didn't really follow the rules during that set (as I just picked whoever I felt like) and I treated it as if it was just for fun.
I'll allow it this once, if everyone involved is ok with it, since I didn't explicitly state that people need to contact me before doing replays.

From now on though, if anyone wishes to do a replay, notify me beforehand.
Most people have though, so it's good.

Busaiku

No, Omnix was away prior to the round ending, thus he was never awarded any points.
Lemstar contacted me and notified me of that.
That was a round 2 match.

PM'd Omnix again, I guess he missed my pm and posts in this thread. Hopefully he'll get back to me soon since were running out of time to play.

Busaiku

Say both me and Lemstar had matches against him that he missed. We both want rematches. Only one of us can get one.

That is ok, but I don't see why you or Lemstar would want rematches, you guys get the point.
The onus would be on Omnix to make up the match, so neither of you should want to play again.

If you want to, that's fine, but you would be using your replay option for no reason.

cj_iwakura

That is ok, but I don't see why you or Lemstar would want rematches, you guys get the point.
The onus would be on Omnix to make up the match, so neither of you should want to play again.

If you want to, that's fine, but you would be using your replay option for no reason.

It's a potential to lose out on points, basically. I could get 1 point and not rematch, or potentially get more by playing him and winning. (Or screwing it up by losing, but yeah.)

Busaiku

You, who were available, gets the full point, the equivalent of 4 wins.
In the event of a rematch, it wouldn't count as 8 games, but as the same 4 games, had the person not been absent.

cj_iwakura

You, who were available, gets the full point, the equivalent of 4 wins.
In the event of a rematch, it wouldn't count as 8 games, but as the same 4 games, had the person not been absent.

Oh. I totally misread that. I thought it meant 1 point as opposed to four.

Busaiku

Just to clarify for those following the brackets, 5-0 does not mean the winner gets 1.25 points, that just indicates that it was a replay.
That counts as a normal 4-0.

Canti.

BlazBlue Cotinuum Shift Extend

FluxWaveZ vs. Canti.

4 - 0

Those matches were way too close. GGs.

GGs
My clutch gene was a no show today :<, I got body every time the match got close.
At least now I got a idea where I need to fix my game plan.

RoeBear

BB
Roebear vs cj_iwakura
4-0

Sorry for the lag, pretty sure we've never had a lag free battle. Good games nonetheless.

P4A round 4

Cyberman65 (4) vs me (0)

Good games, your Kanji is a monster, I can't remember the last time I fought a good one. It was fun!

Naite

GG
Naite vs Karsius
4-0

GGs. Sorry about the lag, especially those gigantic spikes in the last few matches.

Onemic

GG

0 - 4 vs Naite

ggs. I only wish I could play Slayer like that. As you can see, even his basic 5k, 2k, 2D combo gives me hella trouble in a match. In training I get it like 70% of the time. Maybe +R will revive my interest in playing him, but for now, it's all Baiken.

And small rant, but I really hope arcsys fixes the netcode for the +R patch so there can be a legit community behind this game. Only reason why I'm practicing BB over GG really. Outside of facing gaffers it's next to impossible to find matches. Making motivation for improvement pretty low.

Naite

ggs. I only wish I could play Slayer like that. As you can see, even his basic 5k, 2k, 2D combo gives me hella trouble in a match. In training I get it like 70% of the time. Maybe +R will revive my interest in playing him, but for now, it's all Baiken.

And small rant, but I really hope arcsys fixes the netcode for the +R patch so there can be a legit community behind this game. Only reason why I'm practicing BB over GG really. Outside of facing gaffers it's next to impossible to find matches. Making motivation for improvement pretty low.

You should try 5P/2P into 2K. It's more easier to hit. I generally don't do anything after 5K besides more 5Ks or Mappa. Doing 2K into 2S>2D is more easy to land than 2K>2D, but you have to be closer for the 2S. Also be ready to 5P or 5S or 2S after any counterhit air move or 2H, plenty of jump loops you coulda hit me with.

My Slayer has been struggling a little in +R. Mostly the comboability and the new input for his command throw sucks that I stopped using it, and adjusting to new BBU combos. I'm currently using jH as a midscreen followup to it and it's pretty inconsistent for me to land.

I may drop out, since I won't be able to play some rounds. Due to personal issues with my life at the moment. Sorry, to everyone who had to miss out because of me. /:

cj_iwakura

By the by, if anyone records the matches, you can just upload them to youtube for us to watch. (I should've done that as well.)

Rhapsody

Banned
Guilty Gear

Rhapsody vs bagandscalpel

0-4

That was the most fun I've had in Guilty Gear in so long. A double knockout and also that pixel comeback you had was too good. I've heard this matchup was tough, and they weren't kidding, haha. I felt like I needed to pick my zoning spots better and use bubble more.

Top Bottom