• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2010 |OT| The 12th Annual Hermann Tilke Championship

GHG

Gold Member
Yes bitches. 1:15.8 on Monaco.

I'm determined to clock a sub 1:15 before the end of the day.

1-D_FTW

And I second Animal posting his driving setup (curious about switching to 100 percent steering saturation). I'm not threat to beat you or Dilly. Kind of wish you could see setups on friend's TT laps. That would be a great feature to have.

GuessWho said:
I have always driven with my right foot only, but for racing games i use both L + R. It has nothing to do with how you drive irl.

I definitely have no plans to switch IRL. But it makes all the sense for high precision racing. And why the heel-toe is so popular when people discuss pedal setups. It's just me being a noob with my gear and not understanding why it would be advantageous to drive differently.

Helios_CM said:
Just been checking through the thread and the GAF championship looks like it's going to be a real success, awesome work to all involved! I'm sure we'll be able to sort out a prize for the winner once it is over :)

With regards the patch, i'm sure some of you are already aware of this thread on our official F1 2010 forums but this is where all updates pertaining to its current status will be posted. If I have time I'll also try and pop in here to post the update direct to the neogaf community.

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/f1-2010-game-1316/432050-f1-2010-patch-news.html

I don't want to register to make one complaint, so I'll post it here. Please address DX11 quickly. If I keep the default DX9=true, the game loads REAL slow and I get those caching hiccups in corners. If I set it to DX9=false, it loads nice and quick and the hiccups completely disappear. But it locks up when loading tracks 20-30 percent of the time. Please make DX11 support priority #1 on PC.

Sent

Massa said:
FYI Barrichello is one the few F1 drivers (only one?) that uses the right foot for breaking.

I know for karting you have no choice buy to L foot brake, what these guys grew up on?

I got a question for those who have the G25

I can't get that dial to rotate all the way to the left

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41MY3H29XQL.jpg
41MY3H29XQL.jpg

is my gear busted? or do I have to do something?

Leunam

Best I managed yesterday was a 1:17.6 after about 45 minutes in a McLaren. I'm convinced the cars aren't equalized for TT mode so I went with McLaren instead of the usual Sauber.

Yoritomo

I got down to the 1:13s in a red bull but I haven't done any setup. Hell I reduced downforce as much as possible. What's a good setup for monaco? Some of it seems counter-intuitive.

Is there a setup where I can take Tabac flat out? I haven't played around with setups much at all.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Leunam said:
Best I managed yesterday was a 1:17.6 after about 45 minutes in a McLaren. I'm convinced the cars aren't equalized for TT mode so I went with McLaren instead of the usual Sauber.
They aren't.

I was using my usual car (The Virgin racing VR-01) and I was awful, setting 1:18s at best. I changed to the Red Bull racing car and all of a sudden I was into the 1:15s!

Online the Virgin feels great, same as in Career mode (A bit too great :p) but in TT, it feels sluggish compared to the McLarens and RBR.

slamskank

Stop It said:
They aren't.

I was using my usual car (The Virgin racing VR-01) and I was awful, setting 1:18s at best. I changed to the Red Bull racing car and all of a sudden I was into the 1:15s!

Online the Virgin feels great, same as in Career mode (A bit too great :p) but in TT, it feels sluggish compared to the McLarens and RBR.
My best time yet was in the renault in TT, but I think I'll stick to the mclaren to try and beat it.

Lucius86

Banned
Stop It said:
Such bad lies, you'll be up there this weekend and you know it!

People's times are scaring me. I have not even had time to do a hot lap for people, that's how busy I have been. Although I am going straight into TT now to best Animal :lol

Leunam

I must have missed the discussion on this, but what are we going to do with the people that show up Saturday that weren't in the last race? Should we move them to a second league so we can keep the original twelve that we had before?

Also, we need to decide immediately how many race weekends we're going to have.

1-D_FTW

Lucius86 said:
People's times are scaring me. I have not even had time to do a hot lap for people, that's how busy I have been. Although I am going straight into TT now to best Animal :lol

:lol You're not kidding. I was feeling pretty good about myself when the beginning of the week rolled around. I'm now near the bottom of my friend's list. Hopefully I can knock a second or two with tweaks and better footwork and move back into the middle.

Leunam said:
I must have missed the discussion on this, but what are we going to do with the people that show up Saturday that weren't in the last race? Should we move them to a second league so we can keep the original twelve that we had before?

Also, we need to decide immediately how many race weekends we're going to have.
I did a long post on it before, but I strongly believe we should keep this 12 and make a second league.

Also, my headset came today. :D

1-D_FTW

If I lockup after qualifying on Saturday, you guys can just race it without me. But I've gone back to DX9=false and I refuse to go back. Game runs like dog dodo with all that stuttering in the corners and it's 100 percent fluid with it set to false. With the way Codemasters rushed this game out the door, our season will probably be over before they address it.

Juicy Bob

Lucius86 said:
Not touched Monza. Is it really that good??

No, it isn't. Personally, it's my least favourite. The brake marker boards seem wrong. If you try braking for Retifilio at 150m you'll miss the chicane everytime. Online at Monza always degenerates into a crash/DQ fest too, so I try and avoid it.

AcridMeat

Banned
1-D_FTW said:
If I lockup after qualifying on Saturday, you guys can just race it without me. But I've gone back to DX9=false and I refuse to go back. Game runs like dog dodo with all that stuttering in the corners and it's 100 percent fluid with it set to false. With the way Codemasters rushed this game out the door, our season will probably be over before they address it.

:( Did you have it set to stuttering doo doo mode last Saturday?

The season is 9 races total Leunam, so we've got 7 after this Saturday. The plan was to take a vote after each race weekend while we're all together. So everyone start thinking of which circuit you want next.

1-D_FTW

AcridMeat said:
:( Did you have it set to stuttering doo doo mode last Saturday?

The season is 9 races total Leunam, so we've got 7 after this Saturday. The plan was we would do a vote after each race weekend while we're all together. So everyone start thinking of which circuit you want next.

I had stuttering, but it was more unsightly than an issue. Lately it seems like I'm getting it going into every sharp turn. I'm so frustrated at having laps invalidated on Monaco because I'm getting it going into turns.

I would grin and bear it if I had no choice, but when it works perfectly in DX11 mode, I've had it. I'll take my chances with the hangs on loading.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Good races to anyone I may have raced against on the PC. My Xbox Live name is GroovyGhouliez and I'm quite sure I've raced against at least a few of you.

I'm now ranked at 35 and am within the top 50 players on the leaderboards with over 100 online wins :D

Haven't touched career and probably won't. Online in this game has spoiled me :( :( :( :(

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
just broke the top 40 :D

Game is CRACK online!!!!!!!!!!

Love how steam lets you browse the net while playing any game at any time you want. Fucking love PC gaming :D

slamskank

Has anyone edited their FOV settings for the cockpit view? I'd really like to be able to see my mirrors and am considering tinkering with it.

Lach

I've got a little question.

I had to restart my career because of a corrupted savegame.
I started the race in Malaysia (20% length). It was stated that there is a 85 percent chance of rain. In the 4th lap it startet raining which wasn't a problem at the beginning. In lap 7 I had my pitstop and they gave me prime tires (just as planned). In lap 9 it really became hard to steer. In lap 10 all of the other cars went to change tyres. As there was only one lap to go I thought I can make it. Of course I was wrong and I had almost no control left over the car in certain turns. It was a drag to finish the race (in last place).

Now, why didn't the pit crew tell me I should come in? Would I have been able to come in anyway and change for the right tyres?

Manik

If anyone has this on the 360 and fancies a few races online every now and then - and, hey, if we can get more than a few we can maybe look at a mini 360 Gaf championship - then just give me a buzz.

360 gamertag is - CazzBside.

I'm in the UK, but am usually on til late-ish on an evening, so don't mind where everyone else is at!

acm2000

Lach said:
I've got a little question.

I had to restart my career because of a corrupted savegame.
I started the race in Malaysia (20% length). It was stated that there is a 85 percent chance of rain. In the 4th lap it startet raining which wasn't a problem at the beginning. In lap 7 I had my pitstop and they gave me prime tires (just as planned). In lap 9 it really became hard to steer. In lap 10 all of the other cars went to change tyres. As there was only one lap to go I thought I can make it. Of course I was wrong and I had almost no control left over the car in certain turns. It was a drag to finish the race (in last place).

Now, why didn't the pit crew tell me I should come in? Would I have been able to come in anyway and change for the right tyres?

yeah they dont tell you when it comes to rain, it seems to be up to you, left on dpad, choose wets, then pit

olimpia84

acm2000 said:
yeah they dont tell you when it comes to rain, it seems to be up to you, left on dpad, choose wets, then pit

That and remember to push the 'pit in' button in your controller (triangle on PS3) to make sure they are ready for you.

Orgun

Oookay, I don't think it was Catalunya I was having trouble with...I think i'm just shit :lol

Too scared to get on the gas and braking far too early.

isamu

now in the top 30 and climing :D

I should be rank #1 in the world by next week :D :D :D

markao

slamskank said:
Has anyone edited their FOV settings for the cockpit view? I'd really like to be able to see my mirrors and am considering tinkering with it.
I did, any specific question/request ?

I have lowered my seat so it reflects RL a little more, upped the FOV a fraction (more sense of speed) and moved the cam, from that new point, just a little to the front (but not to far, so I could still see my mirrors).

f1_2010_game2010-09-24tdis.png

1-D_FTW

Knock on wood, but I think I have it. DX9 set to false and I disabled Raptor sound and am using software. Haven't had an issue yet:D

Got down to 1:14.6 in TT. Had a lap where I was beating it fairly good going into the last set of turns, but got so excited I didn't know if my left foot was on the clutch or the brake, and when I realized I found the brake, I totally blanked on what gear I was in.:lol That's when you know it's enough TT for one track. I'm above Acrid and that's all the counts:)

DarkJC

So my save just corrupted on my PS3 for the 2nd time. Time to shelve the career mode. So disappointing because I was having a fun time with it.

Leunam

I'll have the preview ready in a little while guys. Have to create a couple new banners in preparation for tomorrow.

TylerD

Oh, man. I have been so tired this week and haven't been able to practice as much as I want. I think I will be doing about 4 hrs on Monaco tonight and into tomorrow to prep for our GP.

BioHazard

I really want to pick this up, but I think i want to wait uniutl I've saved up enough for the G27. Anyone playing this with it? Also, what platform are most people playing on? Obviously if I am getting the G27 I'm going to get either the PC or PS3 version (maybe both haha).

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I don't get it, how fucking long does it take to push out a patch with at least some of the most severe bugs fixed?

isamu

Dash Kappei said:
I don't get it, how fucking long does it take to push out a patch with at least some of the most severe bugs fixed?

Precisely the reason why I haven't touched the career mode with a ten foot pole.

slamskank

markao said:
I did, any specific question/request ?

I have lowered my seat so it reflects RL a little more, upped the FOV a fraction (more sense of speed) and moved the cam, from that new point, just a little to the front (but not to far, so I could still see my mirrors).

f1_2010_game2010-09-24tdis.png
Could you share your settings and how you did it? Are the values specific to each car?

Edit - Race preview from Webber - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL6aQp3e7ys&feature=related

Top Bottom