• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2010 |OT| The 12th Annual Hermann Tilke Championship

Leunam

For us it comes out next Tuesday, and Singapore is that weekend. On top of that, Korea doesn't look like it's near completion yet.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Zanboo said:
I still find it so weird the timing of this release. I mean, we're in the points chase now... it will come out right after Singapore, right?
Just before, either the 22nd, 23rd or 24th of Sept depending on where you live. To be honest it's perfectly timed, especially as we have the closest title run in years going on and F1 is (For good reasons and bad) in the media spotlight at the moment.

Yes, it really should have been released sooner, but hey, the delays have ended up with Codemasters bringing a much more rounded package to the table, and hopefully will be a very good racer, as well as a "F1 life sim".

Animal

Banned
Timing doesn't matter this time.

F1 fans will gobble this up no matter what games are releasing, no matter what happened in the championship and no matter how the stars are aligned.

We've been waiting too long for anything to get in the way of our enjoyment of this game.

Zanboo

Puts the M in Member
Animal said:
Timing doesn't matter this time.

F1 fans will gobble this up no matter what games are releasing, no matter what happened in the championship and no matter how the stars are aligned.

We've been waiting too long for anything to get in the way of our enjoyment of this game.

I agree. I'm excited for a proper F1 sim. Especially being in the US, where I'm assuming my local Gamestop will get 5 copies.

Juicy Bob

I'm just hoping that this game will be to the current generation of consoles what F1 '97 on the PSX was to that generation.

TylerD

Lucius86 said:
I'm just excited about racing with F1 gaf :D

You all will be shunted like you have never been shunted before! I am getting the PC version as soon as I can get a performance review on a similarly spec'd PC as mine. Dirt 2 runs pretty well on it but I am worried about the weather effects since they look to be such an integral part of the experience.

Otherwise, I am not going to be totally against getting it on PS3 if it is a stable 30fps.

Core 2 Duo 3.17 GHZ
HD 4850
4 GB RAM

19Kilo

TylerD said:
You all will be shunted like you have never been shunted before! I am getting the PC version as soon as I can get a performance review on a similarly spec'd PC as mine. Dirt 2 runs pretty well on it but I am worried about the weather effects since they look to be such an integral part of the experience.

Otherwise, I am not going to be totally against getting it on PS3 if it is a stable 30fps.

Core 2 Duo 3.17 GHZ
HD 4850
4 GB RAM
One machine I'll be running it on is identical to yours. Shoot me a reminder if I forget to post results within a day or two of release.

Edit: err, it was identical. Forgot it has a 4870 now. Should still give some good ballpark figures.

AcridMeat

Banned
Oh come on, don't go and do me like that! Giving me doubt on my own machine's performance of the game. :(

I have a Duo @ 3ghz, 9800GT and 4gb. :/

elfinke

Hey guys,

Apologies in advance - I'm posting from iPhone in motel lobby.

So I got to play a bit of it today, final review build on 360 with the shitty 360 wheel. I'll have more of a chance to play it again tomorrow, and I've already put dibs on a wet race at Spa.

But, if you have any requests for me to test out leave em here and I'll try my best to follow them up.

Back to my play though, it was sublime. The physics were trustworthy, and gunning the right foot out of a corner was ball-tingingly awesome and equally nerve wracking. Frame rate was rock solid even on the starting grid at the beginning of the race (but I will stress test more tomorrow by starting further back and t-boning someone at first corner with 3rd person cam to see how it goes). Details like pebbles on the wheels after an off are a nice Touch too, though I couldn't really tell if there was a negative impact on the wheels performance - I'll pay more attention tomorrow.

As aforementioned - if you want something specifically tested that can realistically be tested in <10mins in a noisy environment, leave em here.

Ps I took some crappy iPhone video footage which is too crappy to share.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Lucius86 said:
I'm just excited about racing with F1 gaf :D
Same here.

I will be playing on the PC edition so I guess either giving out SteamIDs or GFWL/XBL ids will be needed to coordinate races. Either way I look forward to racing with F1 GAF
and probably getting utterly destroyed

Dilly

Banned
elfinke said:
Hey guys,

Apologies in advance - I'm posting from iPhone in motel lobby.

So I got to play a bit of it today, final review build on 360 with the shitty 360 wheel. I'll have more of a chance to play it again tomorrow, and I've already put dibs on a wet race at Spa.

But, if you have any requests for me to test out leave em here and I'll try my best to follow them up.

Back to my play though, it was sublime. The physics were trustworthy, and gunning the right foot out of a corner was ball-tingingly awesome and equally nerve wracking. Frame rate was rock solid even on the starting grid at the beginning of the race (but I will stress test more tomorrow by starting further back and t-boning someone at first corner with 3rd person cam to see how it goes). Details like pebbles on the wheels after an off are a nice Touch too, though I couldn't really tell if there was a negative impact on the wheels performance - I'll pay more attention tomorrow.

As aforementioned - if you want something specifically tested that can realistically be tested in <10mins in a noisy environment, leave em here.

Ps I took some crappy iPhone video footage which is too crappy to share.

Slicks in a wet race, I'm wondering how much grip there is going to be on that setup.

Sloane

Banned
IGN said:
But such teething problems don’t obscure the fact that F1 2010 is easily the best Grand Prix game since Geoff Crammond was on the beat.
The since part bothers me. Grand Prix 4 is more than 8 years old but it looks like the whole simulation aspect of that game is still superior. Physics, damage system, set-ups, telemetry. I get that F1 2010 is primarily a console game and it will mostly be bought for its nice graphics but I can't help but feel a bit disappointed.

19Kilo said:
Seems that their biggest con was the career mode falling a bit flat, but everything else especially the driving sounds as good as it looks.

Sounds good to me!
Hmm, does seem strange that it gets criticised for something that really isn't important. I mean the racing is important and that seems fine. I guess a bit of extra fluff could've added.5 of a point?

Deadman said:

ronaldo.png

AcridMeat

Banned
Thank you for answering my prayers for the steam pre-load to come early. :)

At 19% after who knows how long, 3 hours? Let's say 3 hours.

This is stupid. I was thinking about getting both PC and 360 versions, but the Steam version is US$35, and the 360 version is NZ$120. Such a huge price difference.

Top Bottom