• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2010 |OT| The 12th Annual Hermann Tilke Championship

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Stallion Free said:
Bought. I expect to race you.
Oi, I'd like to join this love-in!

Anyway, reviews are very positive, any technical issues from that Edge review will not apply to the PC build so I am even more chuffed. I must admit that given how this game looked last year (With the producer leaving etc), I didn't expect this game to be really good, but I am happy to be proven wrong.

If Edge is right, and this game deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as F1 97, then Codies have done a magnificent job. I hope to find out for myself next week.

1-D_FTW

PeteJ said:

Nevertheless, F1 2010 remains a game to be uttered in the same breath as Crammond’s Formula One Grand Prix, Bizarre Creations’ Formula 1 ‘97, and Ayrton Senna’s Super Monaco GP II. Different games, historic games, yet games which found their own ways to express the feel of Formula 1: the blurring scenery, fleeting thoughts and rushing blood. Final Execution And Resurrection? Pretty much.

Damn. Could Edge write a paragraph with more hype than that? Glad I'm pre-loaded and ready to go.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I need a PC retail copy and yet The Hut and Zavvi only have the console skus on preorder, wtf

Do you guys know where can I order a copy (UK/shipping to continental EU)

Dash Kappei

FUCK YEAH

EDGE said:
Nevertheless, F1 2010 remains a game to be uttered in the same breath as Crammond’s Formula One Grand Prix, Bizarre Creations’ Formula 1 ‘97, and Ayrton Senna’s Super Monaco GP II. Different games, historic games, yet games which found their own ways to express the feel of Formula 1: the blurring scenery, fleeting thoughts and rushing blood. Final Execution And Resurrection? Pretty much.
[8 out of 10]

EIGHT out of ten
:D :D

markao

As always PCGamesHardware.de looks at all the graphical details and performances of the different avalaible options. (ofcourse in German but some interesting stuff to look at)
The game will support DX11 later on through a patch, but you already can enable (force it) through the config files, even though it is not working 100% perfect yet, but difference is similar to Dirt 2 (lightning, sharpness image), so let's hope patch comes quickly ;)

F1 2010 im Technik-Test: Optik-Vergleich, Engine-Details, Benchmarks plus DirectX 11

cockpit_dx9-11lwyl.png

grid_dx9-11j8wb.png

f1-2010-cpusg7qd.png

f1-2010-gpus7vt6.png

moojito

Huzzah! Preodered. That video of the VVV guy spinning off on the wet caused me to go running to my wallet for my card. I just hope it gets here on release day. The last time I preordered a game online it was something like 3 days after release day before I got it :<

Dash Kappei

Hopefully it'll still be good on my rig.
What the hell I've *JUST* bought it specifically to play racing games @60fps and I've already canceled my ps3 sku preorder too...

Gigabyte mobo P55A UD3
INTEL Core i5 750 (Lynnfield) Quad Core 2,66 Ghz
4Gb RAM
Radeon HD 5850 1GB
...and Logitech G27 Wheel :D

Dynoro

Dash Kappei said:
Hopefully it'll still be good on my rig.
What the hell I've *JUST* bought it specifically to play racing games @60fps and I've already canceled my ps3 sku preorder too...

Gigabyte mobo P55A UD3
INTEL Core i5 750 (Lynnfield) Quad Core 2,66 Ghz
4Gb RAM
Radeon HD 5850 1GB
...and Logitech G27 Wheel :D
If its any help; I have a 5850 too (but with an i7 920 and 6GB) but Dirt 2 runs gloriously in dx11 and I imagine F1 2010 will be very similar as the benchs seem to be quite close between the games.

Lucius86

Banned
So how much is this bad boy on Steam for in the UK? I can't check it out here at work.

Edit: Oh hell, might as well put what I will be racing with...

Core i5 750 @ 3.6Ghz
Radeon 4870 512MB
4GB DDR3 RAM
Micorosoft 360 racing wheel

and HOPEFULLY I will be hooking this all up to my 32" TV through the HDMI out cable - do this for films all the time, just hoping it will work just as well for this.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Needs photomode and/or at least a way for us to use a trackside/cinematic cam that isn't baked into their preset replay script.

That's one thing that's frustrated me about the Codies racing games. Such a missed opportunity since their games always look so great.

pilonv1

Dynoro said:
If its any help; I have a 5850 too (but with an i7 920 and 6GB) but Dirt 2 runs gloriously in dx11 and I imagine F1 2010 will be very similar as the benchs seem to be quite close between the games.

I've got the i5-750/5850/4gb ram setup and Dirt 2 looks amazing. I'm a little underwhelmed at these results, especially since they're 1650x1080 and not 1920.

ACH1LL3US

I tried to read that German website... it doesnt look good performance wise for this game on the pc..

I wanted to run the game at 1920x1080 with 4x AA and 16 AF,max details at 60 FPS... anyone know if the below system will come close to doing that??

i7 980x @ 4.5ghz
gtx 480 at 900mhz
ddr3 6gb at 2000mhz

Do I have any chance at running the game at the settings outline above??

Lucius86

Banned
Blackvette94 said:
I tried to read that German website... it doesnt look good performance wise for this game on the pc..

I wanted to run the game at 1920x1080 with 4x AA and 16 AF,max details at 60 FPS... anyone know if the below system will come close to doing that??

i7 980x @ 4.5ghz
gtx 480 at 900mhz
ddr3 6gb at 2000mhz

Do I have any chance at running the game at the settings outline above??

Is that a joke post? Your PC is one of the fastest gaming pc's you can get out there....

ACH1LL3US

Lucius86 said:
Is that a joke post? Your PC is one of the fastest gaming pc's you can get out there....

Its honestly not a joke post.. sorry.. I have no experience in how my pc compares to what they are using... in all honesty do you think my pc will be able to run at the settings I want?

Deadman

Blackvette94 said:
Its honestly not a joke post.. sorry.. I have no experience in how my pc compares to what they are using... in all honesty do you think my pc will be able to run at the settings I want?

Do you have dirt 2? If so how does your pc run it as id expect f1 2010 will be about the same.

Our pcs should be roughly the same in terms of performance and i get 120fps on dirt 2 maxed, so you should be absolutely fine.

i7 930
2x 460
same ram

ACH1LL3US

Deadman said:
Do you have dirt 2? If so how does your pc run it as id expect f1 2010 will be about the same.

Our pcs should be roughly the same in terms of performance and i get 120fps on dirt 2 maxed, so you should be absolutely fine.

i7 930
2x 460
same ram

Ah.. I havent played Dirt 2 on it, but if Dirt 2 runs on your system at the settings I outlined above, then F1 2010 shouldnt be too far off from that other then the rain parts..

I built this pc mainly for this game and Need For Speed Hot Pursuit... it was pretty much a bummer reading that German site this morning :(

I know the system specs seem good but I havent built a pc since 2003... so I honestly have no idea how this guy compares to what others out there have.

I am pretty picking with the settings I want to run, getting 1080p with at least 4 xaa, 16 af and max details at 60 fps is what made me jump back into pc gaming..

I hope the game uses a few dx10 features, it's so stupid and I blame microsoft for it all with the entire direct x cock ups, I own a dx10 card yet only about 2 games I own can use it, the rest seem to run at dx9 :/ F1 still looks good in those shots but seriously.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Joseph Merrick said:
f1 2010 looks like it's quite a bit more demanding
Other than the rain, not at all. In fact it almost looks less demanding as there is far less foliage on your average track and Grid ran excellently on track-based tracks.

Deadman

Blackvette94 said:
Ah.. I havent played Dirt 2 on it, but if Dirt 2 runs on your system at the settings I outlined above, then F1 2010 shouldnt be too far off from that other then the rain parts..

I built this pc mainly for this game and Need For Speed Hot Pursuit... it was pretty much a bummer reading that German site this morning :(

I know the system specs seem good but I havent built a pc since 2003... so I honestly have no idea how this guy compares to what others out there have.

I am pretty picking with the settings I want to run, getting 1080p with at least 4 xaa, 16 af and max details at 60 fps is what made me jump back into pc gaming..

I just looked up some benchmarks for dirt 2 for your card and rig, its 80fps+, you are fine.

Nabs

Dash Kappei said:
I need a PC retail copy and yet The Hut and Zavvi only have the console skus on preorder, wtf

Do you guys know where can I order a copy (UK/shipping to continental EU)

Come to the dark side... the wonderful world of Steam. It's still on sale

Salacious Crumb

Stallion Free said:
Other than the rain, not at all. In fact it almost looks less demanding as there is far less foliage on your average track and Grid ran excellently on track-based tracks.

Well there is the 23 other cars on the grid.

1-D_FTW

Blackvette94 said:

If you're new to PC gaming, you're running D3D Overrider (comes packed with Rivatuner) right? It's a great utility for forcing triple buffering v-sync. If not, get it.

ACH1LL3US

Deadman said:
I just looked up some benchmarks for dirt 2 for your card and rig, its 80fps+, you are fine.

Thanks for checking that out for me! I would imagine that F1 2010 will be a little more demanding with more cars and possibly the rain.. Do you have a link to where I can see benches of a system similar to mine? Thank you!

Animal

Banned
Damn I'm looking at having just under 40fps on that chart.

Don't know if it's going to bother me and force me to buy a new video card.

Stallion Free said:
I take benchmark sites with a grain of salt. I expect similar performance to Dirt 2 at 1080p w/8x AA.
PCHW is one of the better sites out there and why do you expect similar performance to Dirt 2? F1 2010 has 24 cars on track + weather effects.

I'd love to play this @ 1920 x 1200 with my 4870, but there's no chance that this is happening.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
brotkasten said:
PCHW is one of the better sites out there and why do you expect similar performance to Dirt 2? F1 2010 has 24 cars on track + weather effects.

I'd love to play this @ 1920 x 1200 with my 4870, but there's no chance that this is happening.
Dirt 1 looks far worse than Dirt 2, yet Dirt 2 runs siginificantly better. They have made massive improvements performance wise to their engine over time.

Top Bottom