• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2016 |OT| Daniil Kvyat Simulator

Ristifer

Picking this up tomorrow. I haven't played an F1 game since 2010, but this feels like the right time to hop back into it. I've been keeping up with Codemasters over the years to see what they've done with this franchise, so I'm excited to finally get another one.

Megasoum

Banned
Did the first week-end in my Career (went with Sauber)...

Qualified 11th and finished 11th (playing on Expert). Pretty happy with that.

Did all the stuff in practice so got the maximum ressource points/xp or whatever it's called.

I was 9th with Button right behind me on the last lap but ended up running out of gas on the last turn of the last lap...sigh...

Really loving the game so far. I bought the weight reduction upgrade which will be delivered on the next race week-end.

I really like all the RPG stuff.

danowat

Banned
First reviews in, sounds like they nailed it!

Eurogamer (very positive)
Telegraph (4/5)
Push Square (8/10)

Interest piqued.......

Is 2016 more to Dirt Rally, where as 2015 was more to Dirt?

What I am getting at, has Codies taken the stance again for realism over accessibility and bells and whistles?

How does it perform on consoles?, any major differences between PS4 and XBO?

Aiii

So not worth it
Giant Bomb's Quick Look has sold me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuVSM3p3ptw

Now I just need to find a way to fit my wheel on my desk.

Don't you just screw it on?

I'm all ready, counting the minutes until I can leave work at 5... Game is preloaded, wheel is hooked up, all I have to do is feed the cats and start playing.
13422395_1284962194866745_1856248783460325882_o.jpg
(game in picture is Project Cars, in case you're wondering)

How's the "feel" of the handling? Do the cars have weight behind 'em?

Tempted to grab this on the PS4 today, but would like to know opinions from wheel users on how it is to drive.
Also, how's the MP side of things?

Lach

Wish they'd introduce VR support. PCars and Dirt are great (though they need to do official Vive support on Dirt yet). Dirt having VR support makes me hopeful that F1 will eventually get it.

Now I have to place my raceseat/stand in front of the TV again (with VR I was able to put it into the corner :) )

Azzawon

What's the difference between Career and Pro Career?

Haven't got my hands on it yet but I'm guessing it'll be much like what Pro Season was in F1 2015. Basically Career mode with forced cockpit view, no assists, no HUD, 100% race distance, hardest AI difficulty etc.

Nyx

Haven't got my hands on it yet but I'm guessing it'll be much like what Pro Season was in F1 2015. Basically Career mode with forced cockpit view, no assists, no HUD, 100% race distance, hardest AI difficulty etc.

Ah, then I'll go for the regular career for now, thanks!

ghornett

Neo Member
I bought my T500RS wheel years ago for GT6 but a proper F1 game is what I was really waiting for. Looks like it's finally here.

kiyomi

I caved and got the Steam version. Downloading now.

If there's a GAF league or anything I'd love to be involved.

Nyx

Jeez this is hard haha.

Maybe I should do some quick races first before I start a career. Failing every FP goal isn't fun!

knavish

How's the "feel" of the handling? Do the cars have weight behind 'em?

Tempted to grab this on the PS4 today, but would like to know opinions from wheel users on how it is to drive.
Also, how's the MP side of things?

you'll play it for a day, force me to buy it and then never been seen again

sTiTcH AU

Being a complete F1 nerd and having purchased every F1 game since F1:CE (yes I even got F1 '09 on the wii)...I was just not even remotely excited for this one at all. Was kinda getting bored of the same thing every single year with the last two games having the least amount of content.

But some of the stuff in that preview video actually kinda blew me away especially when he understeered into the wall and the crash physics were really well done. Also loved the formation lap and VSC.

Now I need this game.

cooly08

30gb download btw

It's only 17go to download on steam actually.

Some captures :

Everything maxed out (there is two greyed options), 1440p. Pretty solid framerate with a 1080.

Just tried it for one hour. Only tried custom race and "against the watch".
The UI is really polished. The graphics are top notch (and not blurry like the 2015 version).
The control (with a xbox one gamepad) are really good, a bit stiff at first but it gives you more precision.

Seems a really good version, but there are bug. Sound in race is buggy, the interface before launching a race don't refresh, so I had to press all buttons and moving in all directions to start the race. :p
I'm pretty this will be quickly fixed.

Razyl

Got anyone else enormous performance-issues in the cutscenes and the "sitting with a laptop in a room"-menu from the career? From nearly stable 60 FPS in the races to 19-22 FPS in this room. This is really weird.

Nyx

Got anyone else enormous performance-issues in the cutscenes and the "sitting with a laptop in a room"-menu from the career? From nearly stable 60 FPS in the races to 19-22 FPS in this room. This is really weird.

Yeah, definitely.

I'm also seeing white 'digital snow' while racing now, like there's a low bitrate... Really weird.

Phinor

Mmf. On one machine (3570k, Windows 10, GTX 1080, Gsync monitor) the game doesn't load the menu for race settings, setting the number of laps, time of day etc. It just loads the background graphic but no menu or anything. If I press enter to basically confirm the settings even though the menu doesn't show up, the game starts loading further and crashes immediately. Benchmark works fine though.

On another (pretty much identical) machine I feel like the game constantly loses connection to my wheel (Thrustmaster TX) for milliseconds at a time. My car suddenly goes straight for a fraction of a second in a corner, changing gears doesn't always register, the car twitches ever so slightly on straights etc. Also sound issues, other cars around me have this odd stuttering sound.

Hopefully they can figure out a fix for that crash issue today because that's a complete show stopper. The other issues I can live with for few days.

sTiTcH AU

On another (pretty much identical) machine I feel like the game constantly loses connection to my wheel (Thrustmaster TX) for milliseconds at a time. My car suddenly goes straight for a fraction of a second in a corner, changing gears doesn't always register, the car twitches ever so slightly on straights etc. Also sound issues, other cars around me have this odd stuttering sound.

I had the same issues with my wheel on F1 2015. It was constantly losing connection (fanatec CSW V2). I ended up giving up on the PC version and got the xbox one version and never had anymore issues.

Nyx

Anyone else have problems with the sunlight ingame? Sometimes it really looks like 240p racing all of a sudden because of the sunlight...

Wonder if it's the game, my ps4 or that it is intended to look like this..

MaxiLive

Giant Bomb's Quick Look has sold me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuVSM3p3ptw

Now I just need to find a way to fit my wheel on my desk.

Great quick look, shame they didn't show off career mode as that is where the meat of the game is. With some cutscenes, team management, R&D upgrades, practice session mini-games. Just something that allows the game to be more than just the racing and ties even closer to the sport than even the Quicklook shows off.

I love Drew's enthusiasm though :D

It's only 17go to download on steam actually.

Some captures :

Everything maxed out (there is two greyed options), 1440p. Pretty solid framerate with a 1080.

Just tried it for one hour. Only tried custom race and "against the watch".
The UI is really polished. The graphics are top notch (and not blurry like the 2015 version).
The control (with a xbox one gamepad) are really good, a bit stiff at first but it gives you more precision.

Seems a really good version, but there are bug. Sound in race is buggy, the interface before launching a race don't refresh, so I had to press all buttons and moving in all directions to start the race. :p
I'm pretty this will be quickly fixed.

Sexy.

Awesome. Increases the FOV properly and doesn't cut off the top and bottom to stretch?

Yes, everything seems to be fine. I would prefer to pull the camera forward, but I am sure multiple camera modes will be available soon.
I don't like to sit so far back

Nyx

Hmmmm seems a restart of the game fixed it.
Or it's because of where the sun is? Or I'm going crazy...

I was playing 2015 on legendary AI (mostly keeping up pace)...started this one on expert got my ass kicked. Cant keep the car on track (using Xbox one controller pc)

Having a lot of trouble with the handling, got AI down to hard and still a bit slower than my teammate

I feel i cant really maintain the race line, really hard to get into break time, gonna need a lot of getting used to and practice, maybe even putting my pride on hold and a médium difficulty with full traction control

Edit: running smoothly on a gtx970 1080p high settings, havent tried maxing it out, will try tonight.

Top Bottom