• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fable III |OT| King for a day...fool for a lifetime

Asked my question a few pages back and didn't get an answer, so I'll just ask again...

To the people who have played it, does it still have Fable 2's "momentum based" movement or has it been upgraded/removed?

Has there been any real word on how or if anything from Fable 2 will transfer over to Fable 3? I'm kinda hesitant on picking up the game, since I don't have my harddrive with my Fable 2 save here at college and I don't want to miss out on anything beneficial from importing a save.

My Name Is Luke said:
Has there been any real word on how or if anything from Fable 2 will transfer over to Fable 3? I'm kinda hesitant on picking up the game, since I don't have my harddrive with my Fable 2 save here at college and I don't want to miss out on anything beneficial from importing a save.

I have a Fable II save (not very far into that game though) and when I started Fable III I didn't see anything that explicitly said my Fable II save file was being imported or used in any way. Maybe there is something happening in the background, or maybe I just missed something, but that was my experience.

Wiggum2007

Fong Ghoul said:
I have a Fable II save (not very far into that game though) and when I started Fable III I didn't see anything that explicitly said my Fable II save file was being imported or used in any way. Maybe there is something happening in the background, or maybe I just missed something, but that was my experience.

Yeah I'm guessing that feature was dropped.

Fong Ghoul said:
Yeah, I'm also curious to see how your Fable II save will affect III. I finished II, but I never completed the "See the Future" DLC. I'm guessing that a Fable II save will at least
carry over your decision to save your family, save the thousands dead workers, or choose a ton of gold at the end of the game.

Minosha said:
Was wondering if anyone who pre-ordered it from Amazon received their Villager Creator code yet?

I've yet to receive mine and I'm getting worried. Thats the whole reason I pre-ordered the game!
I got mines about a week ago also. They even made a mistake with the first code and sent me a second one cause it was broke or something

atomsk

Party Pooper
REV 09 said:
that rarely happens, but sucks when it does. Mine shipped out. Force Unleashed 2 shipped today as well.

I spoke too soon, just got the shipping text message. Either they're way busy today, or they went out and bought more copies :lol

Regarding the hype, I am surprised. Microsoft didn't even release an employee launch kit to retailers like they did with Alan Wake and Halo Reach.

Axiom

Just won a copy of this. I hope it keeps my attention longer than Fable II...I really wanted to love Fable II

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics

Blueblur1

Domino Theory said:
195MB? Are these weapons nukes? :lol

Anyways, can't fucking wait for this. Amazon's shipping soon. I got so absorbed in Fable's world with Fable II (my first time playing the franchise). I can't wait to do it all over again. :D
Same here! I was planning on playing through Dead Space throughout the week (for Halloween and all) but I really just want to play Fable 3. I blame that dude tyndis' stream.

Axiom said:
Just won a copy of this. I hope it keeps my attention longer than Fable II...I really wanted to love Fable II

I'm in the same boat. The game offered so much but the core mechanic of movement bugged the crap out of me.

Domino Theory said:
195MB? Are these weapons nukes? :lol

Anyways, can't fucking wait for this. Amazon's shipping soon. I got so absorbed in Fable's world with Fable II (my first time playing the franchise). I can't wait to do it all over again. :D
IIRC the weapons "change" with your morality and power so in essence you're buying multiple weapons.

Looking forward to this. Really liked Fable 2. There was even a mention of it in The Observer on Sunday talking about the cast and voice talent. I think they'll be a review next week but from what I read they really liked it a lot!

Gorki247

The file with the free weapons probably contains all the other DLC content (pre-order bonuses) so that people who don't have this can still play co-op with people that have (similar to the Free DLC packs for Fable II).

ultron87

So from what I read the job minigames are less tedious. This is good news since I absolutely intend to become a rich real estate magnate through a few hours of blacksmithing, just like I did in II.

Are they actually better?

ultron87 said:
So from what I read the job minigames are less tedious. This is good news since I absolutely intend to become a rich real estate magnate through a few hours of blacksmithing, just like I did in II.

Are they actually better?

Most of my time spent with FII was in the jobs mini games. :lol

<--loves mundane shit.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Sometimes I want to go rent Fable II just so I can log in and see how much rent I've accumulated in the year or so since I last played.

FrankT

razgriz417 said:
Thanks for the link, would never have found em on my own. My collector's edition is Shipping Soon as well from Amazon, I skipped Fallout New Vegas for this, lets hope it doesn't disappoint

Same though I'll still pick up NV by BF for cheaper. Just got to have both much like F3 and Fable II in 08.

Jtyettis said:
Same though I'll still pick up NV by BF for cheaper. Just got to have both much like F3 and Fable II in 08.

Yea, I really wanted to get NV but I figure if I wait a few months, I can avoid some of the bugs and give the mod community some time to fix some of Obsidion's mistakes. BF sounds like a good idea tho

FrankT

Reviewer comments I've read so far before the reviews hit seem to be really positive. I suppose I will stay up and read a few tonight.

Edit for those in London this week;

LionheadStudios This Thursday @ GAME Oxford Street London midnight opening for the launch of Fable III (9pm-1am) with prizes AND the Lionhead team!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Jealous of the dudes getting it tonight. I'm set gaming-wise with New Vegas until I can get Fable on Friday, but it still stings to know I could be playing it at midnight tonight if I had planned ahead.

Have fun, and more importantly, drop some impressions. Tanks.

My copy should be delivered any minute now... Its going to be hard to resist playing it though (I really want to try to finish Fallout NV before a start my Fable III adventure!)

Sucks that my two most anticipated games for the year have come out within a week of each other :lol

This comes out Friday here in the UK, and my weekend is taken up with birthday and Halloween parties :( I'll be having fun, I'm sure, but I'm really hyped to play this now!

Garryk

I'm going to wait on this one for a bit. I bought Fable 2 day 1 and beat it by day 2. After that it was just buying properties and finding keys. Definitely felt like there should have been more to the game. Does anyone know if this game has actual boss fights?

sweetvar26 said:
So regarding the Co-Op, can we complete our story line with another friend on Live or does it only complete for the host?

Since you have two separate worlds, pretty sure you have to go back and do it in your world too.

Achievements might work that way though, like how in Fable II a lot of them were "or see a friend do it".

Fuck.

My buddy just said that if we can't play the whole game in Co-Op he is going to kill me because I made him buy this game for Co-Op.

I guess I will have to let him be the host and join his.

Top Bottom