• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fable III |OT| King for a day...fool for a lifetime

Kritz

Banned
FateBreaker said:
Strange how y'all are complaining how Fable II did not grab you in the beginning. I thought the beginning scene, as a kid, was very memorable and quite captivating.

The actual missions were pretty janky, combined with your character being a generic template, combined with people getting to grips with the odd no-cutscenes narrative which really didn't work too well, combined with some jarring FMV cutscenes, combined with some kinda decent writing and plot but annoying 'ending'.

It wasn't bad, but I can totally see how people think it might not be all that great.

Also, holy shit this game is out tomorrow. D:

luxarific said:
Has anyone successfully entered their preorder code to design their own villager at the Fable site or is it still broken?

I did tonight *shrugs*

Also, I think Gamestop is doing midnight launches for whatever comes out Tuesday's these days, not just Fable. It seems like my Gamestop has been having one every week these days. Like they had one the for the EA MMA game for some reason, but I think MOH came out that Tuesday too. I guess to try to stop people from walking into any Walmart on midnight these days without needing a pre-order?

hamchan

The lack of hype for this game is weird considering how much the series sells. I remember when Fable 2 was coming out there was so much excitement.

Monocle

Any word on a good deal for the Limited Edition? Gift cards are useless to me because I don't plan to buy another game until next year. I really want to pick up Fable 3, but not for $80.

Wark

Snuggler said:
If you have a Fable II save, supposedly it will make the gender of the king in the start of III the same as your character in II, but that's it. Nothing else carries over as far as we know.

There could have been some potential there. Imagine booting up Fable II and burying an item, then switching to Fable III and digging up that item at the same spot 50 years later.
Trippy.

I'm wondering what gender my character is going to be because I originally started off as a male and then accidentally took the gender changing potion and it auto-saved. I heard there's a glitch regarding the potion and it can be taken multiple times if traded with another person online? If that's true then is anyone willing to help me turn back into a male in time for Fable III? :lol

Also, I was always under the assumption that the statues that were carved for you in Fable II would carry over to Fable III. I could have been misinformed, but it would have definitely been a cool little implementation.

Zinga

Banned
I'm really excited for this game, Fable 2 was a delightful surprise for me and I really enjoyed playing it, so I am really looking forward to seeing what has been done in Fable 3!

Autofokus

Sorry if this was already answered.
I read the OP and saw "Improved co-op", so is it possible to fully (with all SP features) play trough the game in co-op? I'm only interested in local co-op, my wife would probably like this game if we could play together.

FateBreaker said:
Strange how y'all are complaining how Fable II did not grab you in the beginning. I thought the beginning scene, as a kid, was very memorable and quite captivating.

I agree completely. I thought the childhood beginning was great, and really established that whimsical Dickensian mood that, to me at least, the rest of the game failed to capture.

I thought the game took a misstep when the world opens up in the gypsy camp and they send you into the Hobb cave. Terrible choice for a first actual mission.

Autofokus said:
Sorry if this was already answered.
I read the OP and saw "Improved co-op", so is it possible to fully (with all SP features) play trough the game in co-op? I'm only interested in local co-op, my wife would probably like this game if we could play together.

She can bring her character into your game and vice versa. You can even get her knocked up in co-op.

BitchTits

hamchan said:
The lack of hype for this game is weird considering how much the series sells. I remember when Fable 2 was coming out there was so much excitement.
Buying Fable II turned me off the series completely. I imagine it did the same for a lot of people.

Quick question for people that have already played the game:

How quick is the collecting of gold within the game? Reason I ask is because I've collection about 27,000 gold coins in the Kingmaker app and was interested in what sort of timescale it would take to get that sort of amount in the game.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
grounded_dreams said:
Quick question for people that have already played the game:

How quick is the collecting of gold within the game? Reason I ask is because I've collection about 27,000 gold coins in the Kingmaker app and was interested in what sort of timescale it would take to get that sort of amount in the game.

Depends on your playstyle. If you go run around doing quests, the amount of money you'll make is modest at best. I spent an entire afternoon playing Lute Hero, which makes a killer living after some practice.

FrankT

zero margin said:
Apparently the gamestop I have this pre-ordered at is doing a midnight launch. That's a little surprising.

Someone must of missed the 790k sales Fable II did in a week in a half in the US in 08. Nothing small about this series and there were a lot of people at the midnight release of Fable II. If it has over 100 pre-orders that is normally the cut off for a midnight release.

derFeef

Ordering at Amazon.de gives you this T-Shirt for free.

Fable-III_T-shirt_V200567006_.png

Bernbaum

Soooooooooo..... someone give me a reason why I should pick this up soon and not wait until January when I'l actually have the time to enjoy it.

Bernbaum said:
Soooooooooo..... someone give me a reason why I should pick this up soon and not wait until January when I'l actually have the time to enjoy it.

Jonn Cleese, Stephen Fry, good humour and a nice big world to explore?

voltron

I have no idea why, but I have no fucking idea about pretty much anything to do with this game:lol Its bizarre. Im a massive Fable fan. Love the series (despite wishing they would quit with the "we want everyone to be able to play" bullshit), and theoretically the idea of a new Fable game this week is incredibly awesome.

But I just havent even bothered to look up screens or videos or anything. Yet Im still super excited about it.

The level of hype should be the subject of a PHD thesis. ie. THERE FUCKING IS NONE.

Jonsoncao

Banned
So the trailer basically told us what the story will be:
you ll be a prince, motivated by the Enlightenment, lead the revolution against the monarchy of your very own father

Jonsoncao said:
you ll be a prince, motivated by the Enlightenment, lead the revolution against the monarchy of your very own father
That's only the first half of the game? I mean if Theresa and Reaver are in the game then the spotlight will probably shift to them after the whole revolution bit.

Jonsoncao said:

You find that out in the first few minutes of the game.
But it's your brother, not your father...

REV 09

atomsk said:
had my Q empty, and gamefly didn't ship, now listed as "low"

nooooooooo
that rarely happens, but sucks when it does. Mine shipped out. Force Unleashed 2 shipped today as well.

derFeef said:
Ordering at Amazon.de gives you this T-Shirt for free.

Fable-III_T-shirt_V200567006_.png
You can buy in every german big retailer a pre-order pack with a unique T-shirt and the Villiager code.

Finally a co-op video. I hope Amazon.co.uk will dispatch my package in the right time that I (will) get the game on Saturday.

sdornan

Only on page 12 and the game comes out tomorrow? There is a measurable lack of hype and anticipation in this thread.

SamVT

piratepwnsninja said:
So the only difference in local co-op is that the camera is tethered?

No. You also play your own hero (no longer henchman). And you have your dog and your inventory. Plus you take booty back to your game. And you can have sex, children and get married in co-op.

Minosha

Neo Member
Was wondering if anyone who pre-ordered it from Amazon received their Villager Creator code yet?

I've yet to receive mine and I'm getting worried. Thats the whole reason I pre-ordered the game!

Minosha said:
Was wondering if anyone who pre-ordered it from Amazon received their Villager Creator code yet?

I've yet to receive mine and I'm getting worried. Thats the whole reason I pre-ordered the game!

Yeah, you may want to check on that. Give them a call or shoot them an e-mail. I got mine about a week ago.

vhfive

Minosha said:

same for me. I'll probably call them today

Minosha

Neo Member
Count of Monte Sawed-Off said:
Yeah, you may want to check on that. Give them a call or shoot them an e-mail. I got mine about a week ago.

I actually did email them, and their response was why I was asking here. Their reply included "The code to access these items will be emailed within 10 days past release date." I could care less about the items, I want the Villager maker, its the whole reason I pre-ordered. I'm actually tempted to stop at Gamestop on the way home to pre-order it there to get the code.

Tubobutts

Minosha said:

Ordered mine at the beginning of September and haven't received it either.

SamVT said:
No. You also play your own hero (no longer henchman). And you have your dog and your inventory. Plus you take booty back to your game. And you can have sex, children and get married in co-op.

That is exactly what my statement meant.

There has been no hype for this game at all, im only just vaguely aware its coming out soon, someone said tomorow???

I love Fable, but there are just too many big ticket multiplayer games coming out. Ill pick this up in a few months time when I will have time to really enjoy it.

Top Bottom