• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fable III |OT| King for a day...fool for a lifetime

So much for an early delivery. :lol

DSC06912.jpg

DSC06913.jpg

So did anyone make a villager yet? I got a code from gamestop, they put code on receipt, but I cant make up my mind on dresses for my bisexual female villager :lol

Nelo Ice

Banned
damn u amazon amazon! they shipped my LE using ups now i wont get the game until 2 or later and i dont have school tomorrow =(

really wish they used ontrac like usual

cleveridea said:
So did anyone make a villager yet? I got a code from gamestop, they put code on receipt, but I cant make up my mind on dresses for my bisexual female villager :lol

Wow took me a while to get code accepted - turns out what looked like a letter 0 was actually a number 0 :D

ultron87

Finally caved and pre-ordered. That 20 buck Amazon card was irresistible.

And it says it'll still get here tomorrow, though even if they are lying I won't be that broken up since I'm getting Rock Band as well tomorrow.

You know, more games need to do this villager code. With New Vegas waiting for me to play, I thought "OK just create my villager then back to NV". Then 2 hours go by as I try to make my villager just....right. Not helped by the graphics (eg when picking new hair style, dress etc) taking FOREVER to load, so had to multitask.

Anyway, checked out concept art for the areas you can pick villager, tried on so many different styles that I really want to see this character in my game. I was really upset when my code didnt work ! Luckily as posted before, what looked like a letter O was a number so after a while got it done, but was really disappointed when I thought it wasnt meant to be.

So now I am actually pretty excited to start the game tomorrow. Eurogamer 8/10 is cool too I usually agree with them, and they aren't scared of giving a game a low score.

Blueblur1

Amazon shipped my copy of the game but they haven't sent me the villager code. It's not a big deal but it would have been nice. :/

So I got my code, made my villager and now it doesn't show up on the site at all and I can't even input a code. Will they show up in my game?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
ultron87 said:
Finally caved and pre-ordered. That 20 buck Amazon card was irresistible.

And it says it'll still get here tomorrow, though even if they are lying I won't be that broken up since I'm getting Rock Band as well tomorrow.

Trying to do this now but it won't give me release day delivery. :(

Nelo Ice said:
for those that have the LE already how is it?

It's a lot bigger than I expected. Probably a bit too big considering what's inside. The "book" feels nice though, and has a nice weight to it. The coin looks kinda tinny but at least flips well, and the cards are of good quality and have some great art work. It would have been nice to have a behind the scenes DVD or something, but overall I'm pleased with it.

leng jai

lastplayed said:
It's a lot bigger than I expected. Probably a bit too big considering what's inside. The "book" feels nice though, and has a nice weight to it. The coin looks kinda tinny but at least flips well, and the cards are of good quality and have some great art work. It would have been nice to have a behind the scenes DVD or something, but overall I'm pleased with it.

Whats the book actually of?

leng jai said:
Whats the book actually of?

Some sort of soft mock leather that's stitched at the edges. It feels like thick cardboard inside.

edit, you mean what's in the book? :lol Just the game and extra content, it's one of those fake book containers.

Quick question. I'm going to Gamestop's midnight launch tonight. I mean to trade in a game before hand to get some store credit, but got stuck at work tonight. It's already past 9 p.m. here, if I go early can I still trade in a game?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
GillianSeed79 said:
Quick question. I'm going to Gamestop's midnight launch tonight. I mean to trade in a game before hand to get some store credit, but got stuck at work tonight. It's already past 9 p.m. here, if I go early can I still trade in a game?

around here they let people go in before they start giving out the game, and they can do that kind of stuff
you can probably just give them a call to confirm/deny

I wish I had the cash to pick it up tonight, but I don't. It's a shame because I was actually at the midnight thing for Fable II.

Hawk269

GillianSeed79 said:

Maybe...depends on your store. Some are stubborn and dont allow it while others do...so, really not a good answer, but thought I would throw it out for you...good luck and enjoy the game..I have to wait till after work tomorrow...I go in at 6 am at my work and doing a midnight launch does not make sense when sleep is such an important thing.

Hawk269 said:
Maybe...depends on your store. Some are stubborn and dont allow it while others do...so, really not a good answer, but thought I would throw it out for you...good luck and enjoy the game..I have to wait till after work tomorrow...I go in at 6 am at my work and doing a midnight launch does not make sense when sleep is such an important thing.

I work nights and don't have to be into work until 11 a.m. most days, so midnight isn't too late for me. Now, I'm not one of those guys who will play until 5 a.m. or anything. I'll probably pop it in for a half hour or an hour and call it a night.

Besides, I've got to go this senate campaign rally (for work) Tuesday, so I don't want to look like I just spent an all night playing Xbox. It's better than what I was supposed to be doing Tuesday I guess.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
GillianSeed79 said:

Gamestops want all the preowned stuff they can get their hands on.. ask the manager because he will be there if any of the cashiers trip.

fernoca

Yeah. When it comes to midnight launches you can trade in whatever you want to trade. If they are open earlier (some open at 10 for midnights, but dont sell the game till 12); you just talk to the cashier.

I just hope that both my copy of Fable III and Rock Band 3 are there tomorrow morning. :D

Beat the game.
Put about 40 hours into it.
There's a bunch of shit you can do in the endgame as well.

8.5/10 is what I'd give it. Improves a lot on Fable 2 but if you didn't care for 2, doubt very much you'll be in 3.

Darkgran

DevelopmentArrested said:
Beat the game.
Put about 40 hours into it.
There's a bunch of shit you can do in the endgame as well.

8.5/10 is what I'd give it. Improves a lot on Fable 2 but if you didn't care for 2, doubt very much you'll be in 3.

I noticed in some of your posts you mentioned game breaking bugs.

How did you manage you get around them?

stupei

Blueblur1 said:
Amazon shipped my copy of the game but they haven't sent me the villager code. It's not a big deal but it would have been nice. :/

Amazon sent my code but hasn't shipped yet. I'm... hoping maybe it's being shipped from a warehouse ridiculously close by? Like hopefully one in Jersey.

Eric WK

stupei said:
Amazon sent my code but hasn't shipped yet. I'm... hoping maybe it's being shipped from a warehouse ridiculously close by? Like hopefully one in Jersey.

If you ordered release date delivery you don't have anything to worry about. I've had it not update my shipping status until after midnight before and still got the game or item when I was supposed to.

First hour in, and I'm enjoying it so far. It doesn't take long to set up the story and it really pulls you in quite fast, so it's a nice change from the long introduction and tutorial of the previous game.

The graphics are a bit hit and miss. The environments look fantastic, but the character models and cutscenes really highlight the simple polygons and textures. At first it looks slightly worse than II, but I can't remember the cutscenes being so close in that game, so maybe not. Also not sure about the dog. He's been pretty invisible so far and doesn't have as much character to him, but maybe that will change as the game goes on.

The voice acting is excellent though, even the hero has a lot to say for herself (in my case). And I'm loving the interaction between John Cleese and Bernard Hill. :D

Top Bottom