• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fable III |OT| King for a day...fool for a lifetime

fernoca

Mastperf said:
Anyone having trouble downloading the limited Edition content? It's doing the same thing as Reach and saying I've already downloaded it. It seems to think the free content from MS is the same thing as the LE content.
It kinda is.
The "free download" apparently includes all limited/preorder/etc. bonuses, so when playing co-op people that don't have them can see them. By putting the code, you're just unlocking it.

Also, it seems there's warning saying not to redeem the code before the 26th, and in some states is still not the 26th so who knows.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
sdornan said:
I expected a 4/5 review from Brad, but his complaints seemed justified. Basically the game forced him into the point-of-no-return endgame without giving him a chance to finish a bunch of sidequests, which ultimately had a big effect on the game's ending. I'd be pretty frustrated too. Plus, he thought the end section was lackluster, which seems like a common complaint.

Doesn't seem like Jim Sterling even finished the game.

I assume you can play after the ending? You could with the previous Fable games.

Looks like Brad just being Brad again.

Mastperf

fernoca said:
It kinda is.
The "free download" apparently includes all limited/preorder/etc. bonuses, so when playing co-op people that don't have them can see them. By putting the code, you're just unlocking it.

Also, it seems there's warning saying not to redeem the code before the 26th, and in some states is still not the 26th so who knows.
The free content from MS was a 240 MB download. I'm surprised that so few things would be that big.

TheOddOne

Gameinformer: 9.0
The story is grim at times, but that’s not to say that it isn’t also one of the funniest games of the year. The writing is top notch, and there are at least three or four quests that rank among my favorite missions I’ve ever played. One highlight has the hero joining in a bickering trio’s Dungeons & Dragons-type game, complete with hoary descriptions and every RPG cliché you can imagine. Other times you might be asked to break up a doomed marriage or even try your hand at acting. You’ll find plenty of variety and choices to make.

Even after you “beat” the game, new quests, locations, and characters open up. And those decisions you made as king? They’ll affect the way the world looks and behaves, too. Without spoiling anything, let’s just say that when I said just about everybody died, I wasn’t kidding. From raising a family, becoming a land baron, and even partnering up with friends locally or online, this is the most fully realized version of Albion yet. It’s a must-play for fans of adventure or anyone who thinks they can run things better than those bums in Washington. Good luck.
Awesome.

Zeal

Banned
it seems people are starting to put less emphasis on big game site reviews and more on word of mouth and gut feelings.

this is good.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Mastperf said:
Without spoiling anything, let me spoil something. :/
Sounds like that had more to do with his choices, opposed to what everyone will see.

fernoca

sdornan said:
Geez, these reviews are really all over the map.
Most aren't. The scores vary a little, the impressions are kinda the same. Well, except Destructoid's and (part of)GiantBomb's.

Mastperf said:
Without spoiling anything, let me spoil something. :/
He refers to his game and the decisions he made, not the story (it seems). :p

sdornan

fernoca said:
Most aren't. The scores vary a little, the impressions are kinda the same. Well, except Destructoid's and (part of)GiantBomb's.

I don't know, I've heard "it's buggy, needed more polish", "it's what Fable II should have been", "your choices actually matter this time", "your choices are pretty superficial - either good/evil", "changed a lot of stuff in Fable II for the worse", etc.

fernoca

Mastperf said:
There's some free weapons up on Live under the Fable 3 download section.
But I told you that already and you said you knew about it :p
It does give 2 weapons to everyone, but the rest it seems is for the rest of the weapons/tattoes included.

Mastperf

fernoca said:
But I told you that already and you said you knew about it :p

It does give 2 weapons to everyone, but the rest it seems is for the rest of the weapons/tattoes included.

a Master Ninja said:
Is there actually free game content in this, or is this just a download so that people with preorder items can play co-op with those that don't?

All I saw was it had a new rifle which wasn't listed on any of the free content I had seen.

Dead

well not really...yet
More content unlocking after beating the game
= awesome. Wish more games did this.

seady

When a big name title receive scores all over the scale, I usually trust the lower group of scores a little bit more. The higher scores usually mean the reviewers are just coming into the game with generous mindset or with some sort of respect.

fernoca

Mastperf said:
All I saw was it had a new rifle which wasn't listed on any of the free content I had seen.
The free weapons are: Bloodstone Bludgeon & Gusket's Musket .
All the downloads are "the same" (195.5MB, but says 240MB on the HDD).
The other downlaods in the site are: Fable III Male Highlander Outfit and the Fable III Red Setter Dog Potion (at $2 each). Which are also the same size. But as noted in there:
Fable III contain a code to receive this outfit and you may already own it
The downloads are so big, because it includes everything to play in co-op with others.
As you input codes, you unlock each stuff from the limited edition, preorder extra, etc. from that 195.5MB.

sdornan said:
I don't know, I've heard "it's buggy, needed more polish", "it's what Fable II should have been", "your choices actually matter this time", "your choices are pretty superficial - either good/evil", "changed a lot of stuff in Fable II for the worse", etc.
seady said:
When a big name title receive scores all over the scale, I usually trust the lower group of scores a little bit more. The higher scores usually mean the reviewers are just coming into the game with generous mindset or with some sort of respect.
The only "low score" so far is from Destructoid and as noted by others, it seems to give the idea that the reviewer either didn't finished the game or just was plainly bad at it.
All agree that there are some glitches, but that the game is a big improvement over Fable II and a great (and fun)game overall.

Then again, I have a Fable III avatar so I'm a big fanboy with bitter tears. :p

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
Fix The Scientist said:
Is the world roughly the same size as Fable II? Also are the areas more open?

I read this game will have an open world/hub like area for the first time.
Supposedly way bigger than what were in Fable 1 & 2.

AcridMeat

Banned
I'm positive this has been mentioned but this thread made me start listening to Faith No More.

edit: That's probably the intent, I'm a dumb.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
AcridMeat said:
I'm positive this has been mentioned but this thread made me start listening to Faith No More.

edit: That's probably the intent, I'm a dumb.

it took 776 posts...

seady said:

The scores for this game are far from all over the scale. There will always be one or two outliers, but most of the reviews are bunched up around the 8 mark.

Mastperf

fernoca said:
The free weapons are: Bloodstone Bludgeon & Gusket's Musket .
All the downloads are "the same" (195.5MB, but says 240MB on the HDD).
The other downlaods in the site are: Fable III Male Highlander Outfit and the Fable III Red Setter Dog Potion (at $2 each). Which are also the same size. But as noted in there:
The downloads are so big, because it includes everything to play in co-op with others.
As you input codes, you unlock each stuff from the limited edition, preorder extra, etc. from that 195.5MB.

Then again, I have a Fable III avatar so I'm a big fanboy with bitter tears. :p
Ok, thanks. It's just getting confusing with all the codes they gave to redeem. Between the Villager maker, the Gamestop exclusives, the LE content and the free MS content it tends to all run together.
BTW, did you mean you have a Fable avatar on here? If so, I can't see it under your screen name.

Poimandres said:
The scores for this game are far from all over the scale. There will always be one or two outliers, but most of the reviews are bunched up around the 8 mark.

Which is line with Fable II. Look, I think Fable is one of those games that if you like it you know what you'll be getting into. An 8 is probably a fair score. If you haven't liked previous Fables I'm sure the Destructiods and other lower reviews will reinforce that. If you love Fable, you are probably inclined to agree with the high scores. If you are looking it objectively an 8 is fine.
Anyway, played about an hour. Liking it so far.
The opening throws you into the story a lot quicker than Fable 2. I'm reserving judgement right now on that because I loved Fable 2's more slower intro as a child thing. Fable 3's intro definitely sets the tone, though. Damn you Peter, lol.
Also, love Cleese so far.

fernoca

Mastperf said:
Ok, thanks. It's just getting confusing with all the codes they gave to redeem. Between the Villager maker, the Gamestop exclusives, the LE content and the free MS content it tends to all run together.
BTW, did you mean you have a Fable avatar on here? If so, I can't see it under your screen name.
Yeah, buch of codes. :lol
Basically once you download one file, the rest of the codes just unlock the content in there so is not like you'll have 200MB x the amount of codes you input. At least is quite big, and not in the disc. :p

The avatar thing is sometimes a glitch or something from here it seems. Unless it's saying a message or something, let me know if that's the case. :p

Mastperf

fernoca said:
Yeah, buch of codes. :lol
Basically once you download one file, the rest of the codes just unlock the content in there so is not like you'll have 200MB x the amount of codes you input. At least is quite big, and not in the disc. :p

The avatar thing is sometimes a glitch or something from here it seems. Unless it's saying a message or something, let me know if that's the case. :p

No message, it's just blank like you didn't use an avatar.

Hey, I forgot I spent about 2 hours creating my villager last night and my code worked, but what I'm supposed to do again to actually import or download the villager? Will he just appear or do I have to download an unlock key or something?

fernoca

GillianSeed79 said:
Hey, I forgot I spent about 2 hours creating my villager last night and my code worked, but what I'm supposed to do again to actually import or download the villager? Will he just appear or do I have to download an unlock key or something?
Yep, he/she will appear at some point in the game, you get to meet him/her and do a mission for him/her, to get the money or something like that.

Gowans

Right fellas.

My Mrs is Fable mental and can't wait till Fri.

What's the extras in the Special Edition, is it worth it and what's this quest pack up to download?

neorej

ERMYGERD!
I married my GF last night during a couch Co-Op :lol pretty awesome.

she immediatly made it clear that it doesn't count towards IRL-marriage :(

p3tran

Banned
trolling aside, its a very nice game, far better than previous titles.
very beautiful gfx, sounds, voice etc.

the only thing that does not "fit", is that molyneux tries to make an interface that is great for kids, yet game is full of gay bullshit.

does not compute at all in my book.

dont mix your bedroom preferences with your work, mr molyneux!

taoofjord

neorej said:
I married my GF last night during a couch Co-Op :lol pretty awesome.

she immediatly made it clear that it doesn't count towards IRL-marriage :(

I'm confused about this but do you miss out on anything by doing couch co-op? I'm thinking of playing this with my girlfriend as well.

Top Bottom