• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fable III |OT| King for a day...fool for a lifetime

What about the gay children?

29ys3kk.jpg

FrankT

Monroeski said:
Got my shipping notice, weapon/tattoo codes, and credit email from Amazon today. Sweet.

Got mine as well. It figures Kinect would be sold out today(planning to use the credit with it).

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
p3tran seems to be cool with homosexuality as long as you don't get your gayness all up on him or something....

......anyway, looking forward to the game later today. I've got a bag full of dove chocolates and my favorite Judy Garland tunes queued up for what should be a fabulous time.

TommyT

truly101 said:
p3tran seems to be cool with homosexuality as long as you don't get your gayness all up on him or something....

......anyway, looking forward to the game later today. I've got a bag full of dove chocolates and my favorite Judy Garland tunes queued up for what should be a fabulous time.

woah woah woah... don't be getting that stuff all up in my head ruining my game! :lol

dorkimoe

loved the last one, hope this one is similar. Really hope they fixed the map though. that had to be one of the worst ingame maps ever

Erekiddo

Received my villager code (which I haven't used yet), my preorder items - and my LE should be arriving tomorrow.

I didn't like the first much, but I loved the second - so I have high hopes about the third.

truly101 said:

Just keep that shit away from the kids.

pahamrick

So, did anyone else catch all the extra DLC that was listed on the Marketplace late last night / early this morning for Fable 3? It was around 1am CST, I think. Basically listed all the stuff that you get as a freebie for purchasing a new copy. Prices ranged from 80 to 160MP each.

One thing of note though, was a quest / area pack for 400MP. I forget the exact description, but it was something about a hidden area beneath bowerstone that contained more properties to buy, special enemies or something.

Checked again when I woke up this morning and it's all no longer listed.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
pahamrick said:
So, did anyone else catch all the extra DLC that was listed on the Marketplace late last night / early this morning for Fable 3? It was around 1am CST, I think. Basically listed all the stuff that you get as a freebie for purchasing a new copy. Prices ranged from 80 to 160MP each.

One thing of note though, was a quest / area pack for 400MP. I forget the exact description, but it was something about a hidden area beneath bowerstone that contained more properties to buy, special enemies or something.

Checked again when I woke up this morning and it's all no longer listed.
Probably the area from the LE.

Can anyone confirm that F3 will read your F2 save file and reflect the major choice that your hero made at the end of F2?

My LE copy, from Amazon, is being delivered today. Can't wait to play it and my wife'll be glad that she'll have Fallout New Vegas all to herself for a while. :lol

DEADEVIL

Work can't end soon enough..i forgot yesterday was Monday and walked into Gamestop with my hand out like 'where's my copy'? he's like..:lol :lol 'dude..go home'..

DEADEVIL

Reluctant-Hero said:
Can anyone confirm that F3 will read your F2 save file and reflect the major choice that your hero made at the end of F2?

My LE copy, from Amazon, is being delivered today. Can't wait to play it and my wife'll be glad that she'll have Fallout New Vegas all to herself for a while. :lol

:lol yeah..I play with my girlfriend and she's already pissed that I told her that I won't be playing for the rest of the week

OK This is already Fail-ble 3 more specifically DLC-Fail-ble 3

Picked up CE at best buy, so got a sword/crystal tattoo DLC card and inside the box were 2 other cards.

Entered tatoo card first, downloaded OK. Was in queue because was already downloading Alan Wake expansion.

Then entered the CE code, and was told I already have the item in the download queue. Which it wasnt. The description of the code was correct boxer dog, unique place and aurora outfit etc (vs other code which displayed sword/tattoo).

Waited until after all downloads finished, entered code, and it now says "sorry that code has already been redeemed.

WTF I hate stupid DLC cards, what a waste of time.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Okay. Who at Loinhead thought this shit was a good idea?

From Giantbomb's Review

Those are the good parts of Fable, which are again in effect in Fable III. But it's in navigating all those quests and trying to keep up with all the items you're picking up and people you're meeting and real estate you're buying and weapons you're upgrading and... well, it's a lot to take in, and Fable III doesn't give you a good, clear pathway to accessing and managing those things. The last game certainly had its issues with menu presentation and so on, but Lionhead's solution here wasn't to improve those menus to but rather toss them out completely. Now, in order to change your clothing or weapons, or look at the map, or check your quest log--to do anything managerial at all, really--your character has to bodily teleport to a small hub level and then physically run up to the wall in your armory to change your weapons out, or over to the map table to view the world map. It's nice to get a visual representation of things like new clothing before you use them, but this intermediate step between exploring the world and accessing important information starts to make the game feel ponderous after a while.

Streamlining and simplifying the user interface is a noble goal, but I really feel like Lionhead threw the baby out with the bathwater here. In-game, you no longer see helpful things like a life bar, so you never know exactly how close to death you are, nor how many health potions you have remaining (unless you're in battle), so you don't know when you need to go buy more. But you do see an enormous reminder containing your current quest's name and description that takes up at least the top fifth of the screen. That thing never seems to go away when you want it to. And while the game will occasionally pop up D-pad shortcuts to things like the map, they only appear when some sort of internal logic deems them necessary. Why shouldn't up on the D-pad always take you to the map, instead of only when the game thinks you might want to see the map? It's an unfriendly and downright baffling way to handle the interface, which should just quickly lead you to basic, important game functions instead of only dangling them in front of you from time to time.

Does Lionhead just do shit just to do shit? After playing with the game for awhile, the "hub world" bullshit is really annoying.

pahamrick

cleveridea said:
OK This is already Fail-ble 3 more specifically DLC-Fail-ble 3

Picked up CE at best buy, so got a sword/crystal tattoo DLC card and inside the box were 2 other cards.

Entered tatoo card first, downloaded OK. Was in queue because was already downloading Alan Wake expansion.

Then entered the CE code, and was told I already have the item in the download queue. Which it wasnt. The description of the code was correct boxer dog, unique place and aurora outfit etc (vs other code which displayed sword/tattoo).

Waited until after all downloads finished, entered code, and it now says "sorry that code has already been redeemed.

WTF I hate stupid DLC cards, what a waste of time.

Supposedly, all the pre-order / LE items, tattoos and dog skins or whatever are included in one DL. That's why it said it was already in your queue.

Kintaro said:

From Giantbomb's Review

Does Lionhead just do shit just to do shit? After playing with the game for awhile, the "hub world" bullshit is really annoying.
Meh I thought it was fine. It's basically your character walking around menus instead of a cursor doing it.

It's Brad just being Brad as usual.

Once in the start menu you can go to the various rooms with the D-Pad, and the indicator for being on low health is the colour draining and your screen being covered in red, like practically every other game this generation.

cleveridea said:
Oh so you are saying that it unlocked it despite not downloading anything? I donjt understand how that could work.
It downloads a tiny little unlock code when you click "Download again", the same as when you transfer licenses on your 360 and have to re-download everything again.

pahamrick said:
Supposedly, all the pre-order / LE items, tattoos and dog skins or whatever are included in one DL. That's why it said it was already in your queue.

Oh so you are saying that it unlocked it despite not downloading anything? I donjt understand how that could work.

Thing is, the sword code is for any version of game at best buy. The CE code is inside the box and only for collectors, so I dont see how that can work unless all best buy buyers end up with the CE content in addition to the sword/crystal tattoo

FrankT

Kintaro said:
After playing with the game for awhile, the "hub world" bullshit is really annoying.

Thought you just said you pulled out of your pre-order(last page). Anyhow, will have to judge this for myself. I knew about this for awhile and it maybe a toss up with the old shotty menu system.

Azure Phoenix said:
It's Brad just being Brad as usual.

Once in the start menu you can go to the various rooms with the D-Pad, and the indicator for being on low health is the colour draining and your screen being covered in red, like practically every other game this generation.

Yea that latter part seems pretty clear.

pahamrick

cleveridea said:

Thing is, the sword code is for any version of game at best buy. The CE code is inside the box and only for collectors, so I dont see how that can work unless all best buy buyers end up with the CE content in addition to the sword/crystal tattoo

I would assume it'd work similar to how the Fable 2 website stuff worked. Basically entering the code gives your account the OK to receive the items when you get to the point where you're able to have the stuff, since it seems just about everything is included in that one Day 1 DLC pack.

It's so people who don't have the pre-order stuff / LE goodies can still co-op with folks who do. Hence the free weapon pack of 2 weapons that is 100+ megabytes.

-Edit-

Answered better up above. Really need to stop trying to be helpful when sleepy. :lol

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Jtyettis said:
Thought you just said you pulled out of your pre-order(last page). Anyhow, will have to judge this for myself. I knew about this for awhile and it maybe a toss up with the old shotty menu system.

Yea that latter part seems pretty clear.

I did. People still do rent games you know. Saves a ton of money in the long run. :D

Azure Phoenix said:
It downloads a tiny little unlock code when you click "Download again", the same as when you transfer licenses on your 360 and have to re-download everything again.

But I couldnt download again, because when I re-entered the code it said code already redeemed

TommyT

Kintaro said:

From Giantbomb's Review

Seriously... Why can't I just press start and bring up the game menu so that I can save my game or whatever. Every time I press start I go to this place...

TommyT said:
Seriously... Why can't I just press start and bring up the game menu so that I can save my game or whatever. Every time I press start I go to this place...
press the guide button then back out.. should be able to save then.

Log4Girlz

Are you shitting me? You have to go to the hub every single time? Geez. Well I still want to try this...I mildly enjoyed Fable II...but it seems like an RPG for babies, from what I gather this one is sounding like one simple enough for eggs and sperm lol ;)

stupei

cleveridea said:

The download is all collectibles from all the different outlets all in one (free) download so that people who don't buy these things or get the codes can still do co-op with people who might be carrying the items. You download the one huge file and the code just unlocks your access to various parts of the file.

hurahn said:
More about the game less about everyone's feelings getting hurt because someone used the g word. Thanks!!!

You have contributed a lot to this thread through your discussion of the game and its gameplay.

stupei said:
The download is all collectibles from all the different outlets all in one (free) download so that people who don't buy these things or get the codes can still do co-op with people who might be carrying the items. You download the one huge file and the code just unlocks your access to various parts of the file.

Well first of all the download was tiny, it wasnt that big free update, havent downloaded that yet.

Also, are you saying that when you redeem a code this function can do something (eg to memory) WITHOUT downloading anything? Because in the past, every single DLC code I have ever put in has downloaded something, despite often being tiny (eg unlocking something on disk).

stupei

cleveridea said:
Well first of all the download was tiny, it wasnt that big free update, havent downloaded that yet.

Also, are you saying that when you redeem a code this function can do something (eg to memory) WITHOUT downloading anything? Because in the past, every single DLC code I have ever put in has downloaded something, despite often being tiny (eg unlocking something on disk).

That's just what I'd read about the big free one, that it has all the content and if you redeem the codes it should unlock from that download. But you're possibly right in that maybe it's still meant to give you a small key for the unlock. I don't know for sure and Amazon says my LE isn't going to arrive on time so I won't be able to confirm right away. Hopefully more people will get their LE working as the day goes on though, or after the work day ends, and we'll get confirmation on just what's going on with the DLC. Seems unnecessarily confusing at the moment.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
what the fuck happened in here

Anyways, I'm tempted to seek out a rental to hold me out until I get my Fable III on Friday, but consider how short the past games have been I'd hate to buy it new only to have half the game left. Bah.

Can someone tell me how quick I can confirm whether my LE "non-download" code worked?

Started game up and its just annoying stupid graphical walking my guy around, dont see a menu with "Downloadable content" that are on almost every single GOOD RPG game I can think of.

stupei

Snuggler said:
what the fuck happened in here

Anyways, I'm tempted to seek out a rental to hold me out until I get my Fable III on Friday, but consider how short the past games have been I'd hate to buy it new only to have half the game left. Bah.

The fact that Amazon hasn't even told me when mine is shipping or set to arrive now has left me really tempted to buy the LE somewhere else today (like Gamestop) and then return my Amazon copy to them once it finally arrives. They still get my money to earn interest on for a few days, I get my game on time despite Amazon's screw up, and everybody wins. (Unless for some reason the other store doesn't accept the return and I'm stuck with two LEs. That'd suck.)

I just have to get through my accounting class which is another hour and thirty minutes. I have fable 3 and rock band 3 waiting for me at home. I hate this class with a passion:(

Risible

TommyT said:
Isn't that a bit convoluted though!? :lol

Yeah, it's weird. I wanted to quit (well, didn't want to but had something I had to do :)) but couldn't figure out how to save. I said fuck it and hit the guide button and then saw the save dialog underneath it and was like WTF?!

TommyT

Risible said:
Yeah, it's weird. I wanted to quit (well, didn't want to but had something I had to do :)) but couldn't figure out how to save. I said fuck it and hit the guide button and then saw the save dialog underneath it and was like WTF?!

Until I can try this out when I get home, I was having to quick travel to some random place to save. :(

Eric WK

Guys. Press start. Turn to your right. The first selectable thing allows you to save. It really doesn't take much longer than a traditional menu and you don't need to do anything else.

Lunchbox said:
what was the 195mb download?

i got it cause it said "free" on it, even though i dont have the game yet
I donwloaded some "weapons" dlc yesterday for it. I don't even have the game yet.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Lunchbox said:
what was the 195mb download?

i got it cause it said "free" on it, even though i dont have the game yet

We think it's so that you can play online with people who have the DLC weapons, but that doesn't explain why the file is so damn big.

Top Bottom