• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fable III |OT| King for a day...fool for a lifetime

Dead

well not really...yet
Samurai Penguin said:
I have been reading some reviews but cannot seem to find any answers.

Is the game short. I vaguely remember Fable 2 being relatively short.

Is the game more open world?

I liked #2 right up until about 2/3 of the way through.
Once you left Albion, and went to the under ground prison or what ever it was just killed it for me.

I am hoping #3 doesnt go down the same path.

Oh yeah...does the game have real time weather? I cannot remember if 2 did or not.
If you do only the main quest its like 10-12 hours

If you do tons of other stuff itll last much longer. Someone earlier in the thread said they beat it in 40 hours I think.

There is a quick way to save and load the game without going into the sanctuary, just press the Xbox guide button and then press back again, and it'll force the Game Management menu to appear. It's a couple of less button presses at least. :lol

Giolon

Rollo Tomasi said:
lol

500x_totilooffercropped-w1000.jpg
I will buy this game for thsi reason alone, :lol

ShapeGSX

This game has an awesome full color manual.

Activision puts a black and white pamphlet in huge games like Modern Warfare 2.

Microsoft is still putting large, full color manuals in all of their games. Fable III, Halo: Reach, and Crackdown 2 all had great manuals. Crackdown 2 even had a huge folded map included.

It is appreciated!

saunderez

Wiggum2007 said:
So since everyone is playing the same character (Logan's younger sibling) does that make this incest? Or masturbating?
The game explains it as being heroes from parallel universes. So you're having sex with alternate you!

After finishing up the first main quest, I am really enjoying this a lot more than Fable 2's beginning. The interface is a lot better, the story is great, interactions between NPCs is awesome as well. The sanctuary is really cool, and transitions smoothly between the game and it- Jasper is a riot to listen to as well :lol

I really see no reason why someone who any interest in the Fable universe would want to pass this up, the first Fable on the PC still has a place in my heart but this is miles better than Fable 2.

Zeal

Banned
p3tran said:
trolling aside, its a very nice game, far better than previous titles.
very beautiful gfx, sounds, voice etc.

the only thing that does not "fit", is that molyneux tries to make an interface that is great for kids, yet game is full of gay bullshit.

does not compute at all in my book.

dont mix your bedroom preferences with your work, mr molyneux!

lol that was awesomely hilarious.

Red

Zeal said:
lol that was awesomely hilarious.
What's funny is he still didn't get it, even at the end. Probably still doesn't.

Why did the PC version have to get delayed!? I want.

DevelopmentArrested said:
Anybody have an extra villager maker code?

I used my code and got the quest in game, let me tell you that if you don't have the code, there is nothing you are going to lose :lol

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
FrostuTheNinja said:
I heard it was delayed until after the new year. Anyone know a date/window?

The last we heard of it was when they announced the delay last August.

The console and PC versions are now on different schedules as we're focusing on building experiences optimised for each platform. We aren't announcing a ship date for the PC SKU at this time, but expect news soon

Right.
Hopefully they'll at least confirm it's existence sometime soon.

Dead

well not really...yet
I got the LE guide as well. Well worth the purchase. There is a 100 page artbook section inside with tons of great stuff, and there is a lot of other artwork scattered throughout the book as well. Wonderfully designed, and weighs in at more than 450 pages total

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
The limited edition Fable controller is hideous.

L9BWA.jpg

Not to be gross, but it looks like someone smeared shit all over it.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
When playing online with a co-op partner, you can have sex with each other.

Like in Fable 2, you can get your lady preggers or get STD's if you go unprotected. So basically, it was asking if you wanted to have sex with that guy, and stephenwhatever is his gamertag.

Snuggler said:
When playing online with a co-op partner, you can have sex with each other.

Like in Fable 2, you can get your lady preggers or get STD's if you go unprotected. So basically, it was asking if you wanted to have sex with that guy, and stephenwhatever is his gamertag.

Ah that makes mor sense. For some reason I though the co-op person was some dev or something.

Einbroch

Banned
Kintaro said:
- The Good/Bad choices are...well, bland. That is directly from the start too. You've not given very much to go on and that game has you making decisions on who lives or dies with zero context. This is all done so the game can probably try to pull a fast one over on you later in the game. It will probably provide you with the proper context, making you second guess your decisions up to that point. It already feels manipulative. No middle road either. You may as well be an angel or evil as fuck. Yes, other Fables were like this but that doesn't mean it had to continue being so.
This gets fixed later. You basically have a Good, Evil, and Neutral option.

And when those decisions come, you actually will want to pick neutral a few times. The way the game makes you not always be angelic or devilish is actually pretty neat.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
Ah that makes mor sense. For some reason I though the co-op person was some dev or something.

I think he writes for Kotaku or something like that.

I agree Snuggler, that controller is really ugly. Not too mention, with the new 360 controller out in two weeks..I'm not one for branded controllers, I even thought the Reach one looked cheap.

Blueblur1

Can someone explain how the villager thing works? Is it activated in the game via a stand-aloneXbox 360 25-character code or is it redeemed with the code for the pre-order weapon and tattoo? All Amazon sent me was a code for the Balance Hammer and Tattoo. :p

Edit: Oh wait, you have to enter a redemption code on the site. This is a separate code then?

leng jai

Well Play-Asia had the LE for $59 and I pulled the trigger considering I was getting the Vanquish OST from there today anyway. Beats paying $128AUD for it here :lol

More impressions guys, I won't be getting it until at least friday.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Wow, I'm a convert on the sanctuary. I figured it meant going all the way back to the "home base" like the Guild in Fable 2. Looks really really nice inside.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Einbroch said:
This gets fixed later. You basically have a Good, Evil, and Neutral option.

And when those decisions come, you actually will want to pick neutral a few times. The way the game makes you not always be angelic or devilish is actually pretty neat.

Making my way through the game still and I've yet to see this. Does this come into play as King because going by all impressions, it does not.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Reluctant-Hero said:
And GAF, I'm upset with the lack of impressions in the thread. What the hell? Did everyone order from Amaxon and have their game shipment get delayed?
Amazon delivered my LE today, as well as TFU2 CE.
But it was NCIS night. No gaming today!

Datwheezy

Unconfirmed Member
End of Intro section spoilers:

My gf just found out that when her brother says he is counting to 5, he REALLY means he is counting to 5. She hadnt decided who to have killed, so he killed both groups. I burst into laughter when it happened. :lol

Einbroch

Banned
Kintaro said:
Making my way through the game still and I've yet to see this. Does this come into play as King because going by all impressions, it does not.
Yes, as King.
You can be good, be evil, or do nothing.

That's not really a spoiler, but people are sensitive.

fernoca

Yay! Just married my custom villager! :D
Pricey wedding and everything. :lol

Blueblur1 said:
Can someone explain how the villager thing works? Is it activated in the game via a stand-aloneXbox 360 25-character code or is it redeemed with the code for the pre-order weapon and tattoo? All Amazon sent me was a code for the Balance Hammer and Tattoo. :p

Edit: Oh wait, you have to enter a redemption code on the site. This is a separate code then?
Yep. When you preordered you were supposed to be given a code either at the moment or when picking up the game [on the receipt in Gamestop, on a card in Best Buy, as an email online]. (In the case of Amazon, the code was supposed to be in your inbox a few days ago, 10 days prior to release they said)

With that code, you go to the official site, create a basic story of a character (name, sex, likes, etc.) based on a few questions; then you choose a look (hair, costume, facial hair, hat) and the character is sent to the game after redeeming the code in there.

At some moment in the game, you receive 1,000 gold and the character will appear in a town, asking you to do a (simple) quest.

Is there any way to turn off the popups that you get whenever you do just about anything, that compares how many of those things you've done versus how many of those things someone on your friends list has done? It's really annoying.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
Dead said:
The menu in FII is unbearably slow and clunky (not to mention the miniscule map), the hub world sounds like an improvement either way imo.

Yeah, I hated the slow, laggy & over-layer menus in Fable 2.
Everyone complaining about the new menu system seems like they never played Fable 2.

Anyway, can anyone with the game answer a few questions:

Is the combat as shallow as in Fable 2 or a little bit more in-depth like Fable 1 (you had to dodge & block from what I remember). Fable 2 was a blind button masher in comparison to the 1st.

How big are the areas? Fable 2 had large areas like Bower Lake & Garth's Castles with open non-linear parts along, but it had more with the linear one-way paths.

Is the performance the same, worse or better? Fable 2 had a lot of framerate drops, v-sync problems, pop-up & the really ugly blurring throughout.

edit:
OH & lastly, the controls. Is it like Fable 1 or Fable 2?
It was terrible in Fable 2. Coming to a dead stop because there was a small pebble or rock in front of your path. The way you slowly started moving from standing still & the fumble-ish way you moved around.

DarkKyo

Neuromancer said:
Is there any way to turn off the popups that you get whenever you do just about anything, that compares how many of those things you've done versus how many of those things someone on your friends list has done? It's really annoying.
It's gone in a second and doesn't affect the gameplay at all.. what's so annoying about it? I like to see how far I am compared to my friends!

fernoca

FTWer said:
Anyway, can anyone with the game answer a few questions:

Is the combat as shallow as in F2 or a little bit more in-depth like F1 (you had to dodge & block from what I remember). Fable 2 was a blind button masher in comparison to the 1st.
Mix of both. You can hold down the X button now to block attack, press A and the direction you want to, to evade. Holding X and moving the analog stick performs a powerful blow. basic attacks are just pressing the X button and the analog stick in the direction you want to attack; same with guns/rifles and magic.
FTWer said:
How big are the areas? Fable 2 had large areas like Bower Lake & Garth's Castles with open non-linear parts along, but it had more with the linear one-way paths.
Similar (as in you can't go to every place/corner), but bigger in size and scope (more open areas, more stuff around in general).
FTWer said:
Is the performance the same, worse or better? Fable 2 had a lot of framerate drops, v-sync problems, pop-up & the really ugly blurring throughout.
No problems at the moment. No glitches or bugs or locks nether, but others has reported all you mentioned. So who knows. My Xbox is from June 2010(manufactured in March 2010); so don't know.

EDIT:
FTWer said:
edit:
OH & lastly, the controls. Is it like Fable 1 or Fable 2?
It was terrible in Fable 2. Coming to a dead stop because there was a small pebble or rock in front of your path. The way you slowly started moving from standing still & the fumble-ish way you moved around.
Kinda similar, but the character has more weight this time. No longer need to hold RT to absorb experience, it's automatic now.

Top Bottom