• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fable III |OT| King for a day...fool for a lifetime

I kind of hope to rend this game (along with TFU2) next week. But there is something about this series that will probably make me buy the game if I can't. Its a rather disturbing and depressing thought.

Saw a commercial tonight for the first time. I was either watching the ball game or Jersey shore.:D
The commercial was a good 30-45 seconds.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
CitizenCope said:
Saw a commercial tonight for the first time. I was either watching the ball game or Jersey shore.:D
The commercial was a good 30-45 seconds.

I've only seen one commercial, I think it was one of that retarded gamestop ones with the voice overs. I need to watch more TV I guess.

are you referring to this one?
OMG THE BLACK ANGELS MY FUCKIN FAVORITE BAND, this goes in the OP

Can anyone comment on the seasons present in the game? Fable II concluded with Fall, but I yearned for a winter.

No details as far as I know, but between the revolution first half and your time as a king in the 2nd half, I'm assuming that a significant amount of time will pass and we'll see various seasons. I loved the winter intro in Fable II, what a great setting.

Snuggler said:
I've only seen one commercial, I think it was one of that retarded gamestop ones with the voice overs. I need to watch more TV I guess.
The one I saw was the slow mo trailer, 360 = $199 etc..

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
How can Peter ever hope this game will sell 5 million when Microsoft isn't advertising it as hard as Fable 2?

I expect it to sell a little under Fable 2.

maybe he's hoping for word of mouth, along with kinect attachment.

Nelo Ice

Banned
whoa havent heard about this yet

http://lionhead.com/forums/t/290080.aspx
And, as a monarch, you will want to make sure that the reins of the nation stay in your family. To this end, you will be able to marry or impregnate a co-op character. And if your opinions about who should be let into your bedroom run against the biological measures of acquiring an heir, there is also an option to adopt a child to inherit your power when the time comes.

MechDX said:
Anyone want to get married next tuesday for the achievement?:D

Im open to anything. ANYTHING.
Oh god I just looked at the achievements. This game might lead to some of the more disturbing topics/threads on gaf. I totally up for it as well.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Lostconfused said:
Oh god I just looked at the achievements. This game might lead to some of the more disturbing topics/threads on gaf. I totally up for it as well.

i can already see this thread being filled up with requests to get married and knocked up :lol

fernoca

Nelo Ice said:
i can already see this thread being filled up with requests to get married and knocked up :lol
Yeah.
A dedicated thread for that would be cool. Something like those dating sites, with people posting pictures of their characters, what are they looking for (marriage, children, business) and description of their characters, along with their sexual interests, money, etc. :p

Nelo Ice

Banned
fernoca said:
Yeah.
A dedicated thread for that would be cool. Something like those dating sites, with people posting pictures of their characters, what are they looking for (marriage, children, business) and description of their characters, along with their sexual interests, money, etc. :p

:lol :lol watch now theres going to be a dedicated matchmaking site just for fable dating

Yagharek

If you asked me a week ago what I thought of Fable 3, I wouldnt have said much good about it through lack of interest. But then I saw that chicken freedom trailer :lol

I think Fable is one of those series with a style and aesthetic that really makes it hard to hate, even if like me you wind up disappointed in the games so far. Needless to say Ive ordered it for day 1 and hopefully this one clicks with me.

I have a sneaking suspicion I have been 'playing it wrong' up til now. Third time lucky I hope.

Nelo Ice said:
:lol :lol watch now theres going to be a dedicated matchmaking site just for fable dating

and another one for the trading legendary weapons... Oh fable, few games are able to bridge that gap of Sim and Adventure as well as you do it.

fernoca

Nelo Ice said:
:lol That would be a cool and fun way to promote the game around.
"Lonely hero looking for a long-lasting relationship. A little chubby, many scars, black hair, beard. Good monetary compensation."

Since we know that fable 3 will make use of data from fable 2, is there any chance the king has left behind his favorite weapon(s) for his heir?

I think it'd be a very nice little split if one son got the crown, the other got the weapons.

fernoca said:
:lol That would be a cool and fun way to promote the game around.
"Lonely hero looking for a long-lasting relationship. A little chubby, many scars, black hair, beard. Good monetary compensation."

"Man in chicken suit looking for a good kickin', no fatties."

Molyneux made one of my favorite games of all time and I got the chance to tell him, while shaking his hand. I told him, "Populous is just as good as making babies." He laughed, thanked me and then went about his business. Most definitely in my Top 3.

Love the man.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
Zzoram said:
Ya that was my most hated thing about the game, even more than the super laggy menus.
I thought I was the only one with that problem, looking at reviews and others gush over Fable 2. I thought it was blurry and it really irritated me. And the menus are super slow.

I'm currently trying to beat the game before next week in the hopes Gamefly sends me III. I've tried to play II so many times and I've bought/traded it many times as well. The blurry thing always turned me off. It's like vaseline on the screen. But the Microsoft gaffe from this weekend where they put F2 up for free on XBL (even though I own it on disc too), well...now that it's on my 360 I feel compelled to beat it. I'm actually enjoying myself a bit more now, even though the problems still bug me quite a bit.

I hope F3 can rectify so many of the problems 2 had. I hope the graphics are crisp and clean, for starters. I don't know WTF they were thinking with the last game.

disappeared said:
Can anyone comment on the seasons present in the game? Fable II concluded with Fall, but I yearned for a winter.
Don't quote me on this but I THINK that was mentioned somewhere quite a while ago, and basically there aren't going to be seasons or changing weather, but areas will have distinct climates. For example there is a snowy village in the mountains early in the game and Aurora is obviously a land in the desert.

Retrofluxed

Chrange said:
Does the Villager Maker work for anyone? Clicking on the create button does nothing for me in Firefox or IE.

It seems to be broken right now. Supposedly Lionhead and Microsoft are working on a fix.

Watching that Call to Action video again. Seems like some one was going for a bit of a

2nbyniu.jpg

look there.

fernoca

The guy (from the Team Xbox link) seems quite impressed with the game overall. With tons of new options an stuff to do and a bigger world and experience.

Darn, still a few days to go.

Lostconfused said:
Watching that Call to Action video again. Seems like some one was going for a bit of a

*Sharpe image*

look there.
One of the designers said in an interview that they looked to Sharpe as an influence.

The voice acting, and the actors TIMING is so much better. It also doesn't look floaty anymore.

I think I'm in.

Whoa, the loading is pretty quick.

Alright, I've seen enough. Unless there's a huge issue that comes up in the reviews, I'm in.

derFeef

Goddamn gonna stop watching, this is looking really good so far. Maybe it was good I skipped Fable 2. I LOVE the voice acting.

ShogunX

Stream of the game is very impressive so far. The voice acting just seems on another level compared to other games but I guess that was to be expected with the cast they assembled. The graphics look good and the loading and menus are much quicker.

Cant wait to get some hands on time.

<3 John Cleese and Bernard Hill.

fernoca

Fuck it, I'm going to take a peak! :mad:

EDIT:
Fuck! It looks so much better and clean. Not watching any more till Tuesday!

Wiggum2007

I think I can live with it not being a huge graphical upgrade seeing as the load screens and menu loading seem much improved.

Top Bottom