• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake GAF 2014: Welcome to the Sahara

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATF487

minwageupupf.jpg

Yeah I was talking about this with my cousin from Sydney when she came over, your minimum wage is crazy high, but it seems like all the costs scale upwards too. Must be great for traveling though, with how strong the AUD is now

Cost of living isn't that bad if you avoid the biggest cities. Sydney and Melbourne are pretty awful for that sort of thing. When we had parity with the US dollar it was amazing though. We're down to 0.9 USD = 1 AUD currently, which is still pretty good though.

Dawg

I live in Belgium.

Our tax is crazy high.

€19,810.01 – €36,300 a year -> 45% tax
Over €36,300.01 -> 50%

And not only do you lose almost half of your pay, we also have 21% tax on most stuff in shops. Videogams are like €55 minimum. There's even a pretty popular shop selling sony exclusives for €69,99. Not Australia levels of bad but yeah.

I am worried they will find a way to tax stuff like buying from amazon etc soon.

I live in Belgium.

Our tax is crazy high.

€19,810.01 – €36,300 a year -> 45% tax
Over €36,300.01 -> 50%

And not only do you lose almost half of your pay, we also have 21% tax on most stuff in shops. Videogams are like €55 minimum. There's even a pretty popular shop selling sony exclusives for €69,99. Not Australia levels of bad but yeah.

I am worried they will find a way to tax stuff like buying from amazon etc soon.

Our highest tax bracket is 45%, which kicks in at 180,000 / year.

I feel like we should be taxed slightly more than we are, especially the mining industry. It's not going to last forever and we need to make some long term investments with that money instead of just letting it line the pockets of corporations.

Dawg

Our highest tax bracket is 45%, which kicks in at 180,000 / year.

I feel like we should be taxed slightly more than we are, especially the mining industry. It's not going to last forever and we need to make some long term investments with that money instead of just letting it line the pockets of corporations.

Lol, 180K vs 36K... SMH!

Honestly, it kinda sucks if you want to live alone at a young age. An average nice starter pay here is €1600 and that's already €400 more than the majority of starters.

Now a decent apartment is like €600. Plus extra €50 costs a month. And if you include electricity, internet (cheapest), food, water etc you probably have to pay like €1200 a month.

That's €400 left and I didn't even include a car or anything. And since most people only earn about €1200-1300 the first few years... they'd barely have anything left.

Sucks because I hate living at home.

Lol, 180K vs 36K... SMH!

The Australian dollar is worth much less than the Euro, though. 180K AUD is the same as 117k EUR. Still a big difference in tax brackets, but...

Tax free threshold in Aus is set at 18,200. After that, you get 19% up to 37k. Then you get 32.5% on each dollar earned between 37 and 80k. 37% up to 180k, and 45% beyond.

Dawg

The Australian dollar is worth much less than the Euro, though. 180K AUD is the same as 117k EUR. Still a big difference in tax brackets, but...

Tax free threshold in Aus is set at 18,200. After that, you get 19% up to 37k. Then you get 32.5% on each dollar earned between 37 and 80k. 37% up to 180k, and 45% beyond.

I guess I should have included that we do get a big thing back for the high tax though... medical care. I went to the dentist earlier this week and I had to pay like €150. That's a pretty big amount of money.

Now, I don't know about other countries but I got like €120-130 back of that money through medical care. That's pretty nice.

In that regard, our country is somewhat of a "care" country. Every single person has to pay 45% taxes (and if you earn more, it only goes up) so everyone can get nice medical care and going to college/university is pretty cheap etc

I always felt bad for the weird kids in my class.

I never really experienced bullying. Except for a few times in third or fourth grade I think. Can't remember. Basically your standard, "faggot" name calling.

I can only assume the guy who did it went on to accept his latent homosexual desires and is now taking it up the ass in dark alleys.

AcridMeat

Banned
I was such a runt in school that I made sure to be on good terms with everyone.

Though we didn't really have much bullying either. Everyone was pretty laid back.

I always felt bad for the weird kids in my class.

I never really experienced bullying. Except for a few times in third or fourth grade I think. Can't remember. Basically your standard, "faggot" name calling.

I can only assume the guy who did it went on to accept his latent homosexual desires and is now taking it up the ass in dark alleys.

So jealous! I was bullied a lot X_X. Wazzy didn't go to my high school, but if she was, she would have fended off the bullies for me <3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom