• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake GAF 2014: Welcome to the Sahara

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiyomi

Aw I really loved their newest album a lot. When did they fall off for you?

Era Vulgaris was the first one where I felt they came up short. Even LTP had a few weaker songs, but it was still a good album.

Rated R and Songs for the Deaf were absolutely killer albums though. Their most recent stuff seems plodding in relation to it. Haven't checked who's with the band currently but I think once the Homme/Lanegan/Olivera/Grohl combo had split, they lost something. Still a better band than 95% of other "rock" though, haha.

AcridMeat

Banned
>save ALBW game
>"You've been playing for a while. Why don't you take a break?"

DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO NINTENDOOOOOOOOOOO
I felt legitimately bad with how often they told me this. I didn't even get that far into the game! :(
Era Vulgaris was the first one where I felt they came up short. Even LTP had a few weaker songs, but it was still a good album.

Rated R and Songs for the Deaf were absolutely killer albums though. Their most recent stuff seems plodding in relation to it. Haven't checked who's with the band currently but I think once the Homme/Lanegan/Olivera/Grohl combo had split, they lost something. Still a better band than 95% of other "rock" though, haha.
Funny enough Era Vulgaris is the first album that got me into the band, specifically it was 3's & 7's I was addicted to, and I agree that album is weak as hell. Probably their worst one. I know what you mean about Lullabies as well after those efforts I wouldn't be too interested either.

However Like Clockwork... is powerful and has amazing guest work as well. The first QOTSA album where I really connected with the lyrics for the entirety of it. I don't remember if they got Lanegan back for some of it, but he definitely did good work as a member. Adore that song.

My favorites are the Self Titled, Rarities & B-Sides, Like Clockwork... and Songs for the Dead. May as well throw Rated R in there just for that song alone. Better Living Through Chemistry is great too.

edit: On the subject of Lanegan this is one of my favorite songs. Can't get enough of it.

NinjaBoiX

BlueBadger thirstiest confirmed.

Woah Acrid! Much music posted! I'll give it a listen chief, I will reciprocate in due course.

P.S. I'm still none the wiser with regards to "thirsty"!

Clydefrog

I love getting e-mails from my Japanese customers. They call me by my first name -san :D

of course I always call them by their last name -san

1. BlueBadger
2.You Know Nothing
3. TDM/Dragons tied

I then sit at fourth parched from watching all the thirst.

These lies, Wazzy.

1. BlueBadger
2. Dragonz
3. Tiddums

I am absent because I am too pure.

Way too much skin. Cover yourself up.

BlueBadger thirstiest confirmed.

Woah Acrid! Much music posted! I'll give it a listen chief, I will reciprocate in due course.

P.S. I'm still none the wiser with regards to "thirsty"!

Dafuq is this shiiiiit?! What kinda united front has everyone made?! ;___;!

its actually true tho.. First day being a GAF member and I was known as "the guy who always wants the d"

They Should call that game The Legend of Link :p

They can't!

Skyward Sword explained (in a non direct way) why it's called The Legend of Zelda and not The Legend of Link. It would go against the already established universe for them to have the legend be Link's.

In Skyward Sword, it was the goddess who set down the legend / prophecy of the hero, and since Zelda is a reincarnated version of said goddess, the legend is hers to tell. Link is simply a pawn in that plan.

I have also now realized that I put way too much thought into these things.

MutFox

Banned
They can't!

Skyward Sword explained (in a non direct way) why it's called The Legend of Zelda and not The Legend of Link. It would go against the already established universe for them to have the legend be Link's.

In Skyward Sword, it was the goddess who set down the legend / prophecy of the hero, and since Zelda is a reincarnated version of said goddess, the legend is hers to tell. Link is simply a pawn in that plan.

I have also now realized that I put way too much thought into these things.

It was more cause Link is always playable and the game is named after Zelda... ;P

I LOVED Skyward Sword BTW.
If it wasn't for the collect-o-thons part way through the game,
it would be at the top of my Zelda list. So good.

Never played the game through Hero mode though...

The ONLY reason I'll get a Wii U is cause Zelda is gonna be on it.
A Wii U version of StarFox or F-Zero would be great though... :/

NinjaBoiX

I'm still none the wiser with regards to "thirsty"!

It mean you wanna fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.
pBfiHlo.jpg

Otis Redding - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
qBxfPx6.png

MutFox

Banned
Well yeah, a Zelda per generation is pretty much the standard... :p
Haven't played/finished all the portable ones, but I've played/finished all the console ones...
Have to keep the console tradition goin... :|

Link is such a thirsty cunt. But he ain't getting any from Zelda.

tumblr_inline_moba6hP5Zj1qz4rgp.gif

Dawg

ASoIaF talk?!

book spoilerzzzz

cersei's champion = the mountain 2.0
faith's champion = the hound/gravedigger

CLEGANEBOWL

MutFox

Banned
Still can't believe how good Skyward Sword looks for being on a Wii...
Nintendo has great art detection.

Also loved the effect where for things off in the distance.
Instead of pop-up or poor IQ, they went and put a water colour filter on.
Just smart, taking something that may look ugly and making it into a painting.

Who says I'm just running with the joke?

*wink*

The thirst is ambiguously real.

I just remembered certain pictures you posted once upon a time and I'm howling. You should send them to Tiddums.
c7K0E5S.png

Gonna need more info

I love getting e-mails from my Japanese customers. They call me by my first name -san :D

of course I always call them by their last name -san

Where you work Clyde?

Where is my game in which Zelda is the main character?

Nintendo pls

Your wish is my command.

Still can't believe how good Skyward Sword looks for being on a Wii...
Nintendo has great art detection.

Wish WiiU had a higher power budget. Such a tragedy.

Has there ever been a NeoGAF orgy? I mean, there seems to be quite a lot of thirst going around and being real.

I'm kind of scared about hanging with Acrid and Acid now.

NinjaBoiX

Nah man, acrid is mint, don't be scared of the guy. You might want to watch for flailing limbs on the dancefloor but other than that, he's good peeps.

I don't have personal experience but acid also seems like a jolly nice fellow.

Edit: soundgarden, yiss!!!!

MutFox

Banned

My fave was when you jump off a floating island and call your bird.
Sometimes I would fly the bird longer than normal, just for that music... :p

One thing, I hated how dumb some enemies were.
Like there are some that supposed to be hard, but they are programmed to stay in one zone.
So you can just arrow them to death and they stand there like idiots...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom