• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake GAF 2014: Welcome to the Sahara

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's currently 50 F

I'm freezing my royal rastafarian neigh-neighs off.

LOL.

shaq-laughing-press-conference-shaq-gifs.gif

it's 45 F right now and I was playing hockey in shorts and a t-shirt.

Edit: Just traded in a Vita memory card and some games to pay off inFAMOUS: Second Son.

My body is ready.

GRRM's influence on you is undeniable.

[edit]: In the second verse of Chandelier instead of "here comes the shame, here comes the shame" I keep wanting to sing "here comes the shade, here comes the shade"

And then I start laughing.

Eh, can't really include XV in that company. It's a very real thing at this point. And it will no doubt be out within the next year.

I'll scream if it isn't tho.

Couple of years back a lecturer was saying how he totally expected TLG before the PS4 came out and that I was being stupid for thinking it was vaporware.

WHO'S LAUGHING NOW, DOCTOR LEWIS?

Dawg

I just saw that crackbaby south park episode where Cartman disguises himself as a southern slave trader and visits a university

:lol

Dawg

I wouldn't buy a Wii U right now, I just don't think there is enough to keep you playing. There's a decent backlog, sure, but you'll go through it faster than you think and then there's an immense drought.

I'm not someone who can put 100+ hours in a game like Mario Kart 8 though. I know others can, so yeah. I also get bored when playing HD remakes once the nostalgia wears off.
And there's a (very) big chance Zelda U will be announced at E3. Our nintendo editor is 100% sure of it.

Should I buy a Wii U?

It's not very expensive. It depends on which games you're interested in. ZombiU, Pikmin 3 and NintendoLand I can personally vouch for being good. People say W101, WWHD, Mario 3D World or whatever it's called are also good. Lego City Undercover was recieved well on GAF but not great critically.

The upcoming release list is pretty sparse but you can expect at least a few more great Nintendo games on the system before its taken off life support. You will probably be astounded by how badly the OS runs even after updates to improve perf but that's not why you're using it anyway. Gamepad is comfortable and neat conceptually, shame it's not used all that well by devs (even Nintendo most of the time). NintendoLand is probably the best use of the gamepad so far beyond just using it as a screen to play the game on remotely (which is a good feature too ofc). You will need extra wii remotes and other people to take full advantage of that game though.

Dawg

It's not very expensive. It depends on which games you're interested in. ZombiU, Pikmin 3 and NintendoLand I can personally vouch for being good. People say W101, WWHD, Mario 3D World or whatever it's called are also good. Lego City Undercover was recieved well on GAF but not great critically.

The upcoming release list is pretty sparse but you can expect at least a few more great Nintendo games on the system before its taken off life support. You will probably be astounded by how badly the OS runs even after updates to improve perf but that's not why you're using it anyway. Gamepad is comfortable and neat conceptually, shame it's not used all that well by devs (even Nintendo most of the time). NintendoLand is probably the best use of the gamepad so far beyond just using it as a screen to play the game on remotely (which is a good feature too ofc). You will need extra wii remotes and other people to take full advantage of that game though.

I hate how they try and make it look cheaper by adding games and stuff to the bundles. The price is still €299 in my country. I still think that's too expensive. Sure, some bundles have two mario games and the other bundle has Zelda WW HD and a some special art on the gamepad but eh.

I still have to pay €299. Adding more stuff to those bundles doesn't make the console cheaper, it only makes it a better deal but I still have to pay €299 if I want to own a Wii U. I'd rather have a cheaper package with just the console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom