• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake GAF 2014: Welcome to the Sahara

Status
Not open for further replies.
My older sister is so into YA stuff that it depresses me. You'd probably all get along great.

Full time? Yeah, they do this shit here as well. Especially the graduation certificate takes way too long before you get it, and by that time it arrives every course is full. It's a dumb system.

37.5 hours a week, but technically casual. Didn't get my hons degree cert for ages... But that's coz I skipped the grad ceremony for Europe.

Looks like your fanfic was inspired a bit by it tbh.

Plot summary sounds stewpid if I'm being honest.

Slugs? It's like it was made for me.

My older sister is so into YA stuff that it depresses me. You'd probably all get along great.

I like grown up books too. ASoIAF, I'm reading one on the KGB right now, Stephen King's older works (Cujo, Carrie, etc.), the like. I find I'm more into either sci-fi, fantasy, or mystery as opposed to non-fiction though.

PirateKing

37.5 hours a week, but technically casual. Didn't get my hons degree cert for ages... But that's coz I skipped the grad ceremony for Europe.

What are you into? Most of the shit that I like, my irl friends don't like.

Have you considered part time studying? Then again you had plans for Melbourne right?

Have you read IT?

If not, you really should.

I haven't read IT, but I read Cujo, Carrie, Christine, a little bit of The Dark Tower, Misery, and possibly a few others. It's been a while.

I also really like classics. The Scarlet Letter, Pride and Prejudice, those kinds of things. I remember my dad spilled wine on my copy of The Count of Monte Cristo and I was so pissed.

I haven't read IT, but I read Cujo, Carrie, Christine, a little bit of The Dark Tower, Misery, and possibly a few others. It's been a while.

I also really like classics. The Scarlet Letter, Pride and Prejudice, those kinds of things. I remember my dad spilled wine on my copy of The Count of Monte Cristo and I was so pissed.

IT is so good. But it's so fucking disturbing on multiple levels. I was negativemanning while reading the whole thing.

Also, The Scarlet Letter can burn in hell. One of the most boring books I've ever read. didn't help that I had to read it for school either.

What are you into? Most of the shit that I like, my irl friends don't like.

Have you considered part time studying? Then again you had plans for Melbourne right?

I'm into SF fiction, and History non-fiction.

I thought I was going to have to move to Syd or Mel to get a job but then a friend of mine landed me this one at the Med Science building with the University.

I like grown up books too. ASoIAF, I'm reading one on the KGB right now, Stephen King's older works (Cujo, Carrie, etc.), the like. I find I'm more into either sci-fi, fantasy, or mystery as opposed to non-fiction though.

What kind of SF gurl?

IT is so good. But it's so fucking disturbing on multiple levels. I was negativemanning while reading the whole thing.

Also, The Scarlet Letter can burn in hell. One of the most boring books I've ever read. didn't help that I had to read it for school either.

Honestly, I read it for school and really enjoyed it. Same with My Antonia. And The Great Gatsby. And 1984. And Fahrenheit 451. And Brave New World. And pretty much every other book I had to read in high school. :negativeman:

Last semester I had to read Deep River by Shusaku Endo and, despite it having religious undertones, I genuinely liked it. It's just the philosophy stuff that bores me.

Speaking of, I really need to read Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro. The movie is just ;_;

Don't even remember what books I read in school. Of Mice and Men was one. There must have been others but I don't remember what they were. We definitely never got 1984, Great Gatsby or anything like that.

Don't even remember what books I read in school. Of Mice and Men was one. There must have been others but I don't remember what they were. We definitely never got 1984, Great Gatsby or anything like that.

I read Of Mice and Men too.

As for science fiction, I tend to lean towards super powered type settings, which is why I picked up Wild Cards. I also really enjoy space sagas too. I dunno, I'm not really picky.

Dawg

myself at 2AM: let's do an all-nighter so I can fix my sleeping pattern again
myself at 5AM: (right now): FUCK
myself in about 5 hours: please kill me
myself in about 10 hours: Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil

I read Of Mice and Men too.

As for science fiction, I tend to lean towards super powered type settings, which is why I picked up Wild Cards. I also really enjoy space sagas too. I dunno, I'm not really picky.

Well then I'll take the time to recommend The Mote in God's Eye, by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle. A novel about first contact with an alien civilisation. That doesn't sound very exciting but it's the details that are interesting, and it's told really well. The aliens are really fleshed out, highly original and the plot has a strong sense of mystery and discovery to drive it. Pournelle and Niven are both well regarded writers so it's no surprise that when they collaberated it produced one of the greatest SF works of the 20th Century.

Well then I'll take the time to recommend The Mote in God's Eye, by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle. A novel about first contact with an alien civilisation. That doesn't sound very exciting but it's the details that are interesting, and it's told really well. The aliens are really fleshed out, highly original and the plot has a strong sense of mystery and discovery to drive it. Pournelle and Niven are both well regarded writers so it's no surprise that when they collaberated it produced one of the greatest SF works of the 20th Century.

I've heard you praise it, and so I'll totally check it out. I trust your judgement.

PirateKing

I love that movie. I rewatch it multiple times a year.

I've lost count how many times I've watched it but its easily my favorite movie of all time.
In terms of silliness, Gintama, a Japanese anime comes very close. Check it out if you haven't.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
About to start the final dungeon in Persona 4 Golden.

90 hours played.

Officially my... uh... I believe 5th longest played game so far. Definitely the most time played per days owned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom