• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake GAF 2014: Welcome to the Sahara

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened in it?

This.

get

Edit: Sorry if I spoiled this for anyone, but I think it's awesome.

You don't mean your GTX 880 right, TDM??

880's nowhere in sight.

:negativeman:

Getting my 770 4gb refunded instead of replaced hopefully. If so, I'll buy a 780 Ghz Edition from Gigabyte. It's about 140 more than I'll get refunded, but I decided I wasn't satisfied with 770 performance.

At year's end I'll then sell off the 780 and buy an 880 when it comes out.

All the heavy breathing cats

Gurl you have no idea how many TFLOPS these beasties have. Unf.

A TFLOP is a unit of measurement for how many of a certain type of calculation per second a computing compontent can do. It's a pretty crude measurement but ever since the PS4 had 50% more of them than the XBO it's become a "household name" in internet dick measuring contests.

TrueGrime

What's your story anyway son?

I haven't noticed you around before. Here or otherwise.

Just trying to find some good peeps, man. People to become familiar with, you know? I'm fairly new, hailing from GamingGAF and I've hooked up with some good GAFfers via Xbox Live but usually that side of GAF is post and go. I started going more OT and posted a bit in FaceGAF and other threads there. Then I stumbled on you guys and just trying to be chill and not be too much of the odd man out because it seems you all have know each other forever. Not much to me. I guess I'm just that guy. :p

Just trying to find some good peeps, man. People to become familiar with, you know? I'm fairly new, hailing from GamingGAF and I've hooked up with some good GAFfers via Xbox Live but usually that side of GAF is post and go. I started going more OT and posted a bit in FaceGAF and other threads there. Then I stumbled on you guys and just trying to be chill and not be too much of the odd man out because it seems you all have know each other forever. Not much to me. I guess I'm just that guy. :p

Yeah, that's mainly why I don't ever post in gaming. I love gaming, of course, but it really is post and go. I tend to only post in OT gaming threads for specific games.

You're always welcome here! This group has been together since Real Pic January, and we all kind of migrated into Fake Pic February which is how we know each other so well. Also, if you have Skype, you are absolutely welcome to join us. We haven't had a call in forever but we have a chat going that I can add you to.

What games do you play?

TrueGrime

Yeah, that's mainly why I don't ever post in gaming. I love gaming, of course, but it really is post and go. I tend to only post in OT gaming threads for specific games.

You're always welcome here! This group has been together since Real Pic January, and we all kind of migrated into Fake Pic February which is how we know each other so well. Also, if you have Skype, you are absolutely welcome to join us. We haven't had a call in forever but we have a chat going that I can add you to.

What games do you play?

We haven't known each other forever. A lot of people ITT I hadn't "met" until January. But yeah, skype.

Cool! Thank you. Much appreciated. What was Fake Pic February? Like what do you mean by fake pics? As for me, I'm a 30-something nerd military person from New York living in TX currently. I've got pretty much every game on the Xbox One right now and if it's multiplayer, I play it. Of course, knee deep in Titanfall currently.

Going to PM you my skype and you can share it with your chat. I'm away on business and don't have it on my laptop but I wouldn't mind joining you guys when I return home.

880's nowhere in sight.

:negativeman:

Getting my 770 4gb refunded instead of replaced hopefully. If so, I'll buy a 780 Ghz Edition from Gigabyte. It's about 140 more than I'll get refunded, but I decided I wasn't satisfied with 770 performance.

At year's end I'll then sell off the 780 and buy an 880 when it comes out.

Gurl you have no idea how many TFLOPS these beasties have. Unf.

You bastard...it is only for a year.

PoSGAF has been quiet lately. What the hell guys.

I know I woke up like five minutes ago, but I can't think of anything else than "Piece of Shit GAF". Is that BritGAF or something?

Cool! Thank you. Much appreciated. What was Fake Pic February? Like what do you mean by fake pics? As for me, I'm a 30-something nerd military person from New York living in TX currently. I've got pretty much every game on the Xbox One right now and if it's multiplayer, I play it. Of course, knee deep in Titanfall currently.

Going to PM you my skype and you can share it with your chat. I'm away on business and don't have it on my laptop but I wouldn't mind joining you guys when I return home.

In January there was RealPic, of which the community thread now is pretty dead, and Tence here made a lot of crappy/gorgeous Paint avatars based on those pics. In February people here used those pics.

So this:

81IVx.png

Became this:

81IXp.jpg

TrueGrime

I know I woke up like five minutes ago, but I can't think of anything else than "Piece of Shit GAF". Is that BritGAF or something?

In January there was RealPic, of which the community thread now is pretty dead, and Tence here made a lot of crappy/gorgeous Paint avatars based on those pics. In February people here used those pics.

Nah. I was just quoting the thread title. Heh. Cool stuff with the avatars though. I made it a day late and a dollar short I see. :p

Nah. I was just quoting the thread title. Heh. Cool stuff with the avatars though. I made it a day late and a dollar short I see. :p

Oh, whoops.

Ah fair enough. USA? Which branch?

You still keen to buy it off me when I'm done with it? Could be 770 or 780 depending on refund situation. But either way I'll be selling it end of this year/ early next year.

I don't think I ever was. But I doubt it would be cheaper with shipping from Australia and I wasn't planning on buying a new card anyway, so no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom