• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake news: far-right leader Geert Wilders posts 'shopped pic of political opponent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackpot

Banned
http://www.businessinsider.de/geert...r-pechtold-radical-islamists-2017-2?r=US&IR=T

Far-right Dutch politician Geert Wilders tweets extraordinary fake picture of his rival surrounded by radical Islamists

Wilders shared the doctored picture of pro-European, pro-democracy, social-liberal D66 leader Alexander Pechtold at a protest holding up a sign that reads: "Islam will dominate the world, freedom can go to hell."

In the image, Pechtold is surrounded by other signs reading "Islam will conquer Europe" and "Shariah for the Netherlands."

The tweet, in which Wilders asks "Pechtold demonstrates with Hamas terrorists. What is the next step?," has sparked a row over fake news in the Netherlands with the country's election just over a month away.

Many Dutch politicians supported Pechtold. Jesse Klaver, leader of GroenLinks (Green Left), called Wilders' tweet "low and irresponsible," according to AFP. Deputy Prime Minister Lodewijk Asscher, leader of the Labour party, re-tweeted Wilders' tweet with "delete your account."

Wilders hit back against Pechtold on Twitter, saying: "Stop complaining, drama queen. You have demonstrated standing among Palestinian flags, with friends of Hamas. #hypocrite."

Sf6t0H3.jpg
5in6XbZ.jpg

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-the-netherlands-sign/?utm_term=.a8c78e38d1c4

Despite little moderation to his rhetoric — the PVV is campaigning this year with a slogan of "Stop Islam" — polls show Wilders is in a strong position ahead of the March election. Most polls show the PVV as the most popular party in the Netherlands, though experts note that the electorate is unusually fractured this year, which could mean a broad coalition is needed to form a government.

The Netherlands seems poised to be the next domino to go.

Christ, I just don't understand what is happening in the world. How in the world did this guy not just shit all over his chances with stuff like this? I came to terms with the fact that we're in a post-truth, but Christ, even clearly photoshopped pics don't matter?

Morat

Banned
Yeah, saw it on El Pais earlier. Scum everywhere are emboldened by the success of Trump's strategy of bare faced lying

Nokterian

No we have to create coalition so even if he wins march 15th he will not get a majority and for a coalition you need to negotiate with the other party's.

But..geert wilders is racist/fascist cunt anyway.

No we have to create coalition so even if he wins march 15th he will not get a majority and for a coalition you need to negotiate with the other party's.

But..geert wilders is racist/fascist cunt anyway.

Without a coalition, what powers does he have?

Breads

Banned
Christ, I just don't understand what is happening in the world. How in the world did this guy not just shit all over his chances with stuff like this? I came to terms with the fact that we're in a post-truth, but Christ, even clearly photoshopped pics don't matter?

Power hungry people are basically forcing terrorism to win and fear to take hold in order to personally ascend to authority positions. That's how this is happening.

Nokterian

Without a coalition, what powers does he have?

A coalition is 75 seats, but if there can't be negotiate with other party's and they said before they want to work with him than we will have to do a re vote. That is the beauty he doesn't have any power at all even if he wins like i said.

Ac30

A coalition is 75 seats, but if there can't be negotiate with other party's and they said before they want to work with him than we will have to do a re vote. That is the beauty he doesn't have any power at all even if he wins like i said.

Can the minority parties form a coalition on their own?

Nozem

Hooray for het poldermodel!

Nyx

People who are supposed to lead a country fight Twitter-wars nowadays.

It's sad and laughable at the same time.

Madness

Yeah, saw it on El Pais earlier. Scum everywhere are emboldened by the success of Trump's strategy of bare faced lying

To be honest, they were there before Trump. Trump's victory just showed them they can crawl out from under the shadows now. Everywhere from the UK to Sweden there is a rising white nationalism, ultranationalism and anti-globalist sentiment. France is on the verge of electing Marine Le Pen especially with Fillon's scandals. Brexit is on the verge of happening and the EU will struggle to be held together.

Morat

Banned
To be honest, they were there before Trump. Trump's victory just showed them they can crawl out from under the shadows now. Everywhere from the UK to Sweden there is a rising white nationalism, ultranationalism and anti-globalist sentiment. France is on the verge of electing Marine Le Pen especially with Fillon's scandals. Brexit is on the verge of happening and the EU will struggle to be held together.

Oh absolutely, I was commenting on how barefaced the lying has become.

UberTag

Power hungry people are basically forcing terrorism to win and fear to take hold in order to personally ascend to authority positions. That's how this is happening.
Trump's win was the blueprint that will allow fascist dictators to appropriate power all over the globe. Even in the face of blatant evidence like this one. Democracy is dead.

Burnburn

And when the person who he shopped was thinking about pressing charges he told him he's a drama queen. He's pretty much just using bully tactics 'Don't do anything or we'll tell you you're a pussy".

Sad part is that parties like this don't even bring solutions, they just complain about everything. Here's to hoping that Wilders supporting Trump so much will only make him lose votes. Atleast people are smart enough to see that Trump is trash over here.

If Le Pen actually gets elected, will she run into the same problem with the coalition thing that this guy is going to hit, because I keep reading that she won't be able to make one even if she wins. I don't really understand the coalition thing in European politics.

Armaros

And terrorists are laughing it up, and using the greed of these hard right shitheads to recruit even more people.

Breads

Banned
Trump's win was the blueprint that will allow fascist dictators to appropriate power all over the globe. Even in the face of blatant evidence like this one. Democracy is dead.

The worst part about it is that they hope terrorists attack happen. Trump, in questioning the legitimacy of judges, already seeded the idea that if any bad thing happens it's their fault and that any opposition leads to vulnerabilities.

Xe4

Banned
Thank GOD the Netherlands has a parliamentary system. One can only hope he doesn't get included in a coalition government.

it's very clearly shopped, but what the hell is going on in the unedited version of this pic?

If I was Dutch, the bigger concern for me would be the unedited local terrorists in the background.I also have to wonder if Wilders intention was more about mocking this other politician than trying to sneak one past the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom