• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to say. I was never particularly attracted to the dude and it took me forever to finally figure that out because I really didn't know what I was feeling. Part of me was resisting him because sleeping over sounded more relationshippy than I wanted.

As an epilogue to this story, we didn't speak (for the most part) for the month after the great Pride incident where he lectured me for being a buzzkill. I finally heard from him a week ago, he asked what's been up. I said not much and asked what he's been up to. He never responded. E finito and all that.

For future sexual escapes with dudes, I'm planning on getting a bigger bed.

That's interesting. Do you think you would ever be interested in spending the night at someone else' place? If not, is it selfish or hypocritical to ask them over to yours?

Always seems weird doing anything with someone's parents around, though. Maybe I'm just old/old fashioned...

I also first met Erica when she showed up at my house, though, so I guess just being in my house is a natural thing.

I've been inside her apartment exactly once. I liked her cat. I had mixed feelings about the room mate, but that might be because I view her as the thing that I'm competing against (and she probably views me the same). They've known eachother forever.

Yeah, that makes perfect sense for your situation.

Do you mean competing against romantically, or just vying for Erica's time in general?

jb1234

That's interesting. Do you think you would ever be interested in spending the night at someone else' place? If not, is it selfish or hypocritical to ask them over to yours?

I would have no issues spending the night at someone else's place if I genuinely felt a connection and attraction to them. I just didn't feel it was appropriate for a friends with benefits situation, especially since this guy had made it clear he was hoping for a relationship in the future.

Jobbs

Banned
Do you mean competing against romantically, or just vying for Erica's time in general?

I think it's more on the "time" side. The room mate is also kind of clingy/possessive of her, I've noticed, and while I'm not exactly jealous,
I am kind of jealous.

I should probably just get over it, but it'd be nice if I didn't have to share. Life's a compromise.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Oh that's not good. Dude probably has feelings for her. As someone who has always been on that side, just be blunt.

jb1234

I think it's more on the "time" side. The room mate is also kind of clingy/possessive of her, I've noticed, and while I'm not exactly jealous,
I am kind of jealous.

I should probably just get over it, but it'd be nice if I didn't have to share. Life's a compromise.

It can be hard when your close friend gets an SO. I always have difficulty with it myself because I get used to things being a certain way and all of a sudden, their free time shrinks and I don't feel as prioritized. And that blows.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I am kind of jealous.

Loudly fuck her in front of him. Assert dominance.

I would have no issues spending the night at someone else's place if I genuinely felt a connection and attraction to them. I just didn't feel it was appropriate for a friends with benefits situation, especially since this guy had made it clear he was hoping for a relationship in the future.

Right, but in the fwb situation you'd be asking him to come over, right? I guess it's tripping me up that somebody inevitably has to compromise, and I always selfishly choose not to.

Bah. It's not that cut-and-dry, and I'm probably overthinking it like usual for me when it's this late at night.

I am kind of jealous.

Gotcha. Personally, I love sharing. Three or four is especially great because then I don't have to pay attention the whole time. Sometimes when I'm alone with someone I zone out and start daydreaming or whatever and it's probably really rude.

Lasagna is simply a message of hope, peace, love, and understanding. Namaste.

Lasagna is an extremely calorie-dense food that makes me feel bloated and gross shortly after eating it.

Jobbs

Banned
It can be hard when your close friend gets an SO. I always have difficulty with it myself because I get used to things being a certain way and all of a sudden, their free time shrinks and I don't feel as prioritized. And that blows.

I'm sympathetic to that, but I'm also sympathetic to me me me me me me

Loudly fuck her in front of him. Assert dominance.

The room mate is a girl and she's never here

Gotcha. Personally, I love sharing. Three or four is especially great because then I don't have to pay attention the whole time. Sometimes when I'm alone with someone I zone out and start daydreaming or whatever and it's probably really rude.

I wouldn't mind i the room mate hung out here sometimes, I don't really care, but for now what sharing means is me actually not seeing my girlfriend as much because she's at her apartment or out with her room mate.

But yeah, it's whatever, I'm making it sound like I'm obsessing more than I actually am

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Lasagna is an extremely calorie-dense food that makes me feel bloated and gross shortly after eating it.

It is sad to see a heart filled with so much darkness.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
This thread is precisely why I decided to save and live alone instead of having room mates. I know this is not an option for many people, but I need my intimacy.

Gorl, you haven't tried my lasagna.

OwwKN5O.jpg

U4nhLYy.jpg

Close to 2 kg (4.4lbs) of minced beef, 4 eggs and 1.5 kg (3.3) of mozarella. It turns panties into an humid mist. Alas, it will also leave you so bloated you'll need an entire day before you can get lewd again.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
living alone is the best*

*excluding financially

Close to 2 kg (4.4lbs) of minced beef, 4 eggs and 1.5 kg (3.3) of mozarella. It turns panties into an humid mist. Alas, it will also leave you so bloated you'll need an entire day before you can get lewd again.

would eat meat again for this

Oh I very much agree

9377.jpg

love is a sometimes food

This thread is precisely why I decided to save and live alone instead of having room mates. I know this is not an option for many people, but I need my intimacy.

I have roommates because I like the company. There's not really a fiscal imperative, so if I ever settle down then I might have to kick them out. Or maybe just continue to live with them Frodo and Sam style.

Gorl, you haven't tried my lasagna.

OwwKN5O.jpg

U4nhLYy.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I love the taste of lasagna. It's just awful what happens afterwards.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
All this cooking talk reminds me that it's damn hard to get actual Japanese ingredients over here. I need mirin, miso and dashi for my next recipe and I can't find none of it without ordering through the internet at onerous prices.

:(

Jobbs

Banned
Oh and I put makeup on her earlier. I probably overdid it a bit because we were being playful but it was still a decent job.

Time to go running without a phone which is also scary. Everything's scary without a phone.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Makeup is some dark arts stuff. Actually good one probably requires a grimoire and a +19 magic roll. I say it as somebody who worked at a beauty parlor.

One of my lady friends is a confessed makeup addict and some of the things I've seen her doing blow my mind. Of course, it also helps that she's a very pretty, fairly pale redhead, so she already has an excellent canvas to work on.

Jobbs

Banned
Makeup is some dark arts stuff. Actually good one probably requires a grimoire and a +19 magic roll. I say it as somebody who worked at a beauty parlor.

One of my lady friends is a confessed makeup addict and some of the stuff I've seen her doing blows my mind.

Not to brag, okay yes to brag, but she looks amazing without makeup or with makeup or whatever --- but yes makeup can be downright transformative which makes me wish I could wear it without stigma. I'm not as gifted in the "looking beautiful without makeup" area as my gf is. :)

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I thought the point of being in a relationship was so that people can let their appearance deteriorate and wear nothing but sweatpants and a flannel shirt all day.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I thought the point of being in a relationship was so that people can let their appearance deteriorate and wear nothing but sweatpants and a flannel shirt all day.

I wear nothing, so.

(ok, I'm wearing a sleeveless shirt and shorts because I'm working from a basement rn, but that's all).

Edit: People who let themselves go after getting hitched bother me like few things else. It's like "hahaha, I got you and now I won't need to put any effort in looking good ever again". One of my friends got married to a girl like that and it's outright pathetic. Then again, it was to the surprise of no one that she also pressured the heck out of him to have kids. He loves her and their kids, but the manipulation is so damn clear to anyone outside of that bubble.

Jobbs

Banned
Man. Poppy's on her game.

Sometimes I can sort of put together some kind of message/meaning with her videos, other times less so.

If I had somebody else to do my makeup for me that would be great.

That would be fun!

Noooo

I mean if that's how some people like living, then fine, but to me that's a sad thought

Dressing well is fun. Why would I want to stop having fun?

Man. Poppy's on her game.

Sometimes I can sort of put together some kind of message/meaning with her videos, other times less so.

That would be fun!

It's a little easier to parse if you follow Titanic on Twitter.

EatChildren

I am 100% invested in the living artwork that is Poppy. It's like some Andy Kaufman pop critique.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I am 100% invested in the living artwork that is Poppy. It's like some Andy Kaufman pop critique.

I used to be repulsed by her, but now I'm a fan. I can't really explain why. I guess this is what millennial art does to your brain.

Re: dressing well. I love dressing nicely. It's one of the reasons I get custom fit even cheap shirts and trousers from Zara. Inexpensive clothes can look like a million bucks after getting tailored and I've effectively replaced most of my actually costly clothes for more affordable ones with some minor modifications. I just wish I had a sense of style so I could rock something more daring without making a fool of myself.

EatChildren

"Liberty isn't cheap, and it ain't free.
I'm a millennial, blame it on me."

- Poppy, 2016

I used to be repulsed by her, but now I'm a fan. I can't really explain why. I guess this is what millennial art does to your brain.

Re: dressing well. I love dressing nicely. It's one of the reasons I get custom fit even cheap shirts and trousers from Zara. Inexpensive clothes can look like a million bucks after getting tailored and I've effectively replaced most of my actually costly clothes for more affordable ones with some minor modifications. I just wish I had a sense of style so I could rock something more daring without making a fool of myself.
Zara is bad and steals designs

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
It's a problematic issue that cannot be avoided as pretty much every firm is stealing from others in one way or another. They just fucked up by making it so public (although the most probable thing is that some designer got cheeky without nobody else noticed it until it was too late, and then the company went full dick because that's what they do).

You can, however, be more ethical about your purchases. IE: I shop at Zara, but I'll avoid anything produced at sweatshop nations. Most of Zara's costier and better crafted products are made in Spain and Portugal, and those are the ones I'll buy.

Jobbs

Banned
From Jim Sterling's NMS review:

No Man’s Sky effectively portrays the loneliness of space by providing so little for the player to do that it’s tempting to flush one’s self out of an airlock just to break the tedium.

Not that you can do that. That would be too interesting.

Yessssss this is cathartic

FUCK IS THIS?

The guy literally fucking said Obama and Hillary founded ISIS.

this is just

depressing

I'm going with my earlier 'theory' of furries being driven by suppressed LBGT stuff, and considering the RNC was literally gaytopia but it's still a sin (OF COURSE!), this is, ironically, to be expected.

It's also hilariously missing the point of Zootopia, which is kind of amazing.

Xiao Hu

You can, however, be more ethical about your purchases. IE: I shop at Zara, but I'll avoid anything produced at sweatshop nations. Most of Zara's costier and better crafted products are made in Spain and Portugal, and those are the ones I'll buy.

I didn't know Spain/Portugal still have a textile industry. Well at least some of the shoes from my former working place came from Portugal but proper stuff? I am surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom