• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobbs

Banned
As much fun as it is to bash NMS, the soundtrack by 65 days of night or whatever is absolutely sublime. Been listening to it as I work.

jb1234

I think a lot of it a product of what you surround yourself with too. Last year I was dating a guy who was extremely bitter and depressed, at least more than I was used to, and despite my attempts to cheer him up and help him out his attitude started to wear me down and I became a lot like him, upset about irrelevant things and over reacting with anger instead of focusing on the positives and trying to be happy with life.

So I dumped him and started purging the other negative influences from my life, and I'm much happier for it! Any time I would catch myself being unnecessarily cynical, I would clamp down on it immediately and do my best to let it go. (coincidentally, this plays a lot into why I haven't gotten banned on here all year :p)

I don't date people for a reason. :p That said, depression is one thing but bitterness is the real killer, I think. If you just push away all the people who care about you due to your shitty attitude, you won't have anyone. And we need people.

Fluvian

Banned
I think a lot of it a product of what you surround yourself with too. Last year I was dating a guy who was extremely bitter and depressed, at least more than I was used to, and despite my attempts to cheer him up and help him out his attitude started to wear me down and I became a lot like him, upset about irrelevant things and over reacting with anger instead of focusing on the positives and trying to be happy with life.

So I dumped him and started purging the other negative influences from my life, and I'm much happier for it! Any time I would catch myself being unnecessarily cynical, I would clamp down on it immediately and do my best to let it go. (coincidentally, this plays a lot into why I haven't gotten banned on here all year :p)

I did the same thing earlier this year, I cut out my then girlfriend and all of my friends, it led to a really fucking tough 5 month period, super lonely, relapsed on my alcohol addiction and I was an emotional wreck, I was constantly doubting wether what I did was right or not, but now that I'm getting my shit together and making new friends it's the clearest thing I've ever seen in my life, it was the right thing to do and I'll be way happier in the long run, short term unhappiness can lead to long term happiness.

Fluvian

Banned
As much fun as it is to bash NMS, the soundtrack by 65 days of night or whatever is absolutely sublime. Been listening to it as I work.

I tried to watch their version of Silent running the other night (the original has unfortunately bad music) their music in it was sublime but the mixing was terrible and the movie sounded awful.
I suppose that's what happens when you take a 40 year old movie, take the soundtrack out and put music from the 2010's in.
EDIT: You made me say sublime, I never say that word. I guess I saw you use it and my mind decided I was going to say it.

Timu

That is epic, good for you girl!!! Yeah that's true and it helps a lot to make yourself feel better.

I still need to watch Coraline, lol.

Fluvian

Banned
Thx, will listen while doing my gym routine

Gym? just hit that metallica my friend, someone tapped me on the shoulder this morning and asked me to be quiet, realised i was singing along to seek and destroy, didn't care, I was benching more than everyone in the room, I'll sing if I damn well please.....but he asked nicely so i stopped.

Maybe Trab can explain it, i can't. I just hate the sound of that type of singing.

Fair. Not sure I'd call it clean, but fair.

idk..never been that much into apologies tbh. like they're cool and I'd listen to them once in a while but it's not like I'm super excited about the new release :x
I like ONSIND or calvinball way more

Aw man, I love Apologies. They're probably my favourite current UK punk band.

as far as I know they don't even have pigtails sooo...

...yeah ok that's a valid point.

Also they do have James Hull which is a negative
UK PUNK SCENE IN-JOKES AW YEAH :D

I will say that ONSIND and Great Cynics are probably tied for nicest current UK punk bands. They're legitimately all the loveliest people.

I didn't know there was even still a British punk scene, come to think of it I don't know if theres a punk scene anywhere right now.

Given I'm going up to Manchester to watch a load of bands on Saturday, then in September I'm going to watch a load of bands over 3 days in Southampton, then in October I'm flying to America to watch a shitload of bands over 5 days, I'd say there are punk scenes :p

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I got an interview for a well-paying tutoring job.

Fluvian

Banned
Given I'm going up to Manchester to watch a load of bands on Saturday, then in September I'm going to watch a load of bands over 3 days in Southampton, then in October I'm flying to America to watch a shitload of bands over 5 days, I'd say there are punk scenes :p

Meh, i don't like scenes that are scattered everywhere, plus I don't like modern punk to begin with. The only scene I'm into right now is wrestling, need to go to more indie shows, loads of them in England and Scotland.

where's jobbs I need jobbs again

I don't like this

I feel out of the loop

You're not talking about me are you?

Oh god pls don't be talking about me D:

Meh, i don't like scenes that are scattered everywhere, plus I don't like modern punk to begin with. The only scene I'm into right now is wrestling, need to go to more indie shows, loads of them in England and Scotland.

I mean, scattered everywhere's not really accurate, I can catch a shitload of bands by staying in Brighton, there's just some 'festivals' going on (quote marks as they're not like big Reading/Leeds deals). Also modern punk is amazing >:C

You going to any of the Ring of Honour shows when they come over in November?

EDIT:
well since jobbs is obviously dead I'm gonna ask everyone:
I need a slightly scary movie

Phew

Uh...gimme a minute

Fluvian

Banned
you mean buy my game-jobbs? :eek:

well since jobbs is obviously dead I'm gonna ask everyone:
I need a slightly scary movie

The Crucible, it's horrifying if you're terrified of women like me (jk), Enemy is only scary like twice, and one of the scares is the very end of the movie, No country for old men, Sunshine and I don't know....Coraline?

Pau

Out of interest, given all the flirting that happens in the thread, what would people do if they developed a legit crush on someone here? And vice versa, if you found out someone else had a crush on you, how would you all react?

I can think of four couples still together that I saw hook up via OT/GAF in the years I've been posting— I some sprung from the first RPJ thread, but I may be misremembering.

Maybe if Pau sees this or your question she might reply with her experiences.
I first interacted with Kark on tinychat. Saw him on cam and thought he was really cute but he was quiet. Once he spoke up and said he was from Miami I decided to go for it. :p I think I was pretty clear that I was interested in him from the get go.

Even though I was in NYC for school at the time, my folks live in Miami and I was heading back for summer in a month. So we spoke everyday online and Skyped and stuff. Meeting in person was a bit more complicated because I was afraid of telling my parents based on how my sister reacted, but I told my mom towards the end of the summer and she was really supportive.

So it was long distance at first but because my folks lived in the same city it was doable. Because of stuff with school, dropping out, and moving back to Miami for a bit, we were also able to date in the same city for a good number of months before he moved in with me in NYC. And in that first month we started talking, he mentioned that he was down to move out of Miami. So despite how cute I thought he was, I don't think I would have been so assertive if:
1) He hadn't lived in Miami which I could easily visit
2) He wasn't okay with eventually moving to my city while I finished up studying

Long distance has worked for others over longer distances with less time meeting up, but I think for us it really helped how feasible it was. Not that it was easy, but we could usually see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Fluvian

Banned
I don't like this

I feel out of the loop

I mean, scattered everywhere's not really accurate, I can catch a shitload of bands by staying in Brighton, there's just some 'festivals' going on (quote marks as they're not like big Reading/Leeds deals). Also modern punk is amazing >:C

You going to any of the Ring of Honour shows when they come over in November?

I'm hoping actually, I'm not that into ring of honour but they always have interesting and talented wrestlers.

Fluvian

Banned
This is when I remember that I don't really watch scary films

So I can't help out

Sorry

EDIT:

ADAM COLE, BAYBAY!

I hope we get a Trent? appearance too, he's great

Yeah my friend who's super into ROH said something similar to me A THOUSAND TIMES, GOD DAMN IT TIMOTHY STOP TALKING ABOUT ROH!.....Me and Timothy are working through some stuff right now.

I'm animating. :D

Have you watched You're Next yet?
but I needed you :c you're like the only guy I run after! :D

is it slightly scary?
I don't like this

I feel out of the loop

haha don't worry. I had some news about MG earlier but I got paranoid about talking about every guy publicly.

and now it's just about the movie :D
The Crucible, it's horrifying if you're terrified of women like me (jk), Enemy is only scary like twice, and one of the scares is the very end of the movie, No country for old men, Sunshine and I don't know....Coraline?
will check out

I first interacted with Kark on tinychat. Saw him on cam and thought he was really cute but he was quiet. Once he spoke up and said he was from Miami I decided to go for it. :p I think I was pretty clear that I was interested in him from the get go.

Even though I was in NYC for school at the time, my folks live in Miami and I was heading back for summer in a month. So we spoke everyday online and Skyped and stuff. Meeting in person was a bit more complicated because I was afraid of telling my parents based on how my sister reacted, but I told my mom towards the end of the summer and she was really supportive.

So it was long distance at first but because my folks lived in the same city it was doable. Because of stuff with school, dropping out, and moving back to Miami for a bit, we were also able to date in the same city for a good number of months before he moved in with me in NYC. And in that first month we started talking, he mentioned that he was down to move out of Miami. So despite how cute I thought he was, I don't think I would have been so assertive if:
1) He hadn't lived in Miami which I could easily visit
2) He wasn't okay with eventually moving to my city while I finished up studying

Long distance has worked for others over longer distances with less time meeting up, but I think for us it really helped how feasible it was. Not that it was easy, but we could usually see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Huh, I never knew the full story. The Miami stuff is one hell of a lucky coincidence.

Also Kark is cute, that's not just your opinion :p

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I saw "It Follows" mentioned a bazillion times by people I know semi-recently so it had to be at least sort of good

Jobbs

Banned
but I needed you :c you're like the only guy I run after! :D

is it slightly scary?

hehe Spaetzchen :)

What kind of scary are you looking for?

This is a little intense, I guess, but it's not supernatural or anything. It's a home invasion movie. It's by the same director of The Guest.

I saw "It Follows" mentioned a bazillion times by people I know semi-recently so it had to be at least sort of good

This is one of the greatest horror movies of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom