• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeemumu

Michael's dad gave zero fucks throughout that entire season.
Didn't even bother to come hug his kid at the ambulance.

Poor Barb

hehe Spaetzchen :)

What kind of scary are you looking for?

This is a little intense, I guess, but it's not supernatural or anything. It's a home invasion movie. It's by the same director of The Guest.

This is one of the greatest horror movies of all time.

I'll just watch it :D
and yes, It Follows rules!

and my legs are itching :/
-nWFSB.gif

zeemumu

Yeah I honestly disliked him more than the demagorgon.

Kid's upset?

Eh, just let him go

Kid's missing?

Eh, trust the government, they'd never lie to us
Kid's in a potentially dangerous environment?

Tell him I said hi, honey.

Steve basically made a full 180 since he was apparently in on the camera gift.

Mistel

Banned
Meh, i don't like scenes that are scattered everywhere, plus I don't like modern punk to begin with.
I find modern punk really lacks compared to earlier incarnation there's no real bands that compare to say Killing Joke, Johnny Moped, The Clash, The Spitfire Boys and maybe Siouxsie and the Banshees depending on where you stand on them.
I feel whilst it is a good film I feel that it has some issues which limit the effectiveness of the film but these negatives are a minor part of the overall film as a whole but it is not up there with Halloween or The Thing.
well since jobbs is obviously dead I'm gonna ask everyone:
I need a slightly scary movie
The Fan, Xtro or Death Ship which is a bit cheesier.

Fluvian

Banned
Kid's upset?

Eh, just let him go

Kid's missing?

Eh, trust the government, they'd never lie to us
Kid's in a potentially dangerous environment?

Tell him I said hi, honey.

Steve basically made a full 180 since he was apparently in on the camera gift.

Yeah, did you just finish it? or are you live gaffing the final episode?

jb1234

Listening to Beethoven cello sonatas and reading a book while out on the park. I can think of worse things to do this afternoon.

Fluvian

Banned
Listening to Beethoven cello sonatas and reading a book while out on the park. I can think of worse things to do this afternoon.

Listening to Frank Oceans new album trying to figure out what to spend my pay check on tomorrow. I can think of worse ways to spend this *looks at clock* night! shit, bed time.

Fluvian

Banned
Yeah I just finished up the final episode.

Final thoughts on the season? I think it's excellent but I feel like one more episode could have really helped pad it out, and scatter more stuff about the town throughout the episodes, you never see townspeople reacting to shit in Stranger things, like that girl who died's parents and shit.

zeemumu

I'll just watch it :D
and yes, It Follows rules!

the premise is fantastic but the movie itself falls apart in the final half hour.

It also fails to address what every movie involving an
invisible but still tangible monster
addresses: why don't you make some attempt
to make it visible? It has physical form and is limited by space so there's no reason that you shouldn't be able to flour bomb it in a public area or something. Yeah it's supposed to be smart, but apparently not smart enough to disguise itself as something other than an elderly woman in a hospital gown in the middle of a field at a high school. Its disguises were appropriate about 50% of the time. It also makes minimal attempt to dodge or prevent damage to itself. All it does to avoid gunfire is put its hand up.

You don't have to use that plot point because the other movies did but you still have to address why it wouldn't work because it's a valid solution to their problem.

Also it doesn't really have an ending.
There's ambiguity in an ending and then there's just not having an ending.

zeemumu

Final thoughts on the season? I think it's excellent but I feel like one more episode could have really helped pad it out, and scatter more stuff about the town throughout the episodes, you never see townspeople reacting to shit in Stranger things, like that girl who died's parents and shit.

I actually think it ended exactly where it should have ended. The entire time I was wondering how this scenario was gonna play out.
I had no doubt that they were gonna save Will (maybe Barbara too but that didn't work out) but i knew that even if they did, there was no way that a government-run organization was just gonna let them keep Eleven. For some reason the obvious plot solution of "kill everyone involved" never seemed to occur to me. The last scene creeped me out because it reminded me of the movie Slither where the alien would pump someone full of slugs and then feed them until they were bloated beyond all reason and then they'd explode.

The acting was great and I at least somewhat cared for most of the characters by the end, even the ones that I initially didn't like (except Michael and Nancy's dad). I also appreciate how genre savvy the kids were. Take that radio scene for example. Yeah they were wrong for not wanting to answer it but their logic is completely sound. It was a wrong decision but it was by no means a stupid one. You can have characters make bad choices without making stupid ones.

Fluvian

Banned
I actually think it ended exactly where it should have ended. The entire time I was wondering how this scenario was gonna play out.
I had no doubt that they were gonna save Will (maybe Barbara too but that didn't work out) but i knew that even if they did, there was no way that a government-run organization was just gonna let them keep Eleven. For some reason the obvious plot solution of "kill everyone involved" never seemed to occur to me. The last scene creeped me out because it reminded me of the movie Slither where the alien would pump someone full of slugs and then feed them until they were bloated beyond all reason and then they'd explode.

The acting was great and I at least somewhat cared for most of the characters by the end, even the ones that I initially didn't like (except Michael and Nancy's dad). I also appreciate how genre savvy the kids were. Take that radio scene for example. Yeah they were wrong for not wanting to answer it but their logic is completely sound. It was a wrong decision but it was by no means a stupid one. You can have characters make bad choices without making stupid ones.
Yeah the slither thing you mentioned is on point, totally reminded me of that.

Fluvian

Banned
Zero²;214625814 said:
Nah, nerds know how to study, at least that's what they tell me. I need to learn the truth.

You're thinking of geeks, be a geek and study hard. The best thing you can be is a dork, dorks are cute as fuck.

Zero²

You're thinking of geeks, be a geek and study hard. The best thing you can be is a dork, dorks are cute as fuck.
Hummm thought the nerd were the smart ones, interesting. I'm not nearly muscled enough to be a successful dork, but who knows?!
Anyway, studying hard and me, it will ever be sustainable?

Fluvian

Banned
Zero²;214626303 said:
Hummm thought the nerd were the smart ones, interesting. I'm not nearly muscled enough to be a successful dork, but who knows?!
Anyway, studying hard and me, it will ever be sustainable?

No nerds are people who line up at midnight to watch movies about muscular men in tight spandex fighting each other, their really not very smart, I've known quite a few of them in my time, geeks are the smart ones.

For some reason, I have come to the conclusion that I cannot hate myself all that much, it's the circumstances I find myself in at times that are not at ideal at times.

The circumstances I find myself in at times are despicable at times.

Zero²

No nerds are people who line up at midnight to watch movies about muscular men in tight spandex fighting each other, their really not very smart, I've known quite a few of them in my time, geeks are the smart ones.
And like waifus and stuff?

Fluvian

Banned
For some reason, I have come to the conclusion that I cannot hate myself all that much, it's the circumstances I find myself in at times that are not at ideal at times.

The circumstances I find myself in at times are despicable at times.

Yeah I get that, sometimes I think i hate myself when I really just hate my life......That's not what you were saying......

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Geek = someone who's way into "inconsequential" stuff past childhood
Nerd = someone who studies a lot and/or is naturally very smart
Otaku = Waifus, anime, perpetually "learning Japanese"

Geek is sort of outdated these days. I don't really hear it anymore.

Yeah I get that, sometimes I think i hate myself when I really just hate my life...
Sometimes it's both!

Nerdkiller

Membeur

Ahhh, good to hear that that terminology is back to referring to folks who bite the heads off chickens.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Did anyone post that in the tinder thread?
I don't feel like shitting up that thread more than it already is. While there are some entitled chodes, there are also some folks who just can figure it out for the life in them and, as a consequence, they are not having the most pleasant time (not to mention some very real, very nasty dehumanising attitudes towards shorter men, BECAUSE IT'S SO FUNNY).

It's a bad look, but I've been somewhat there, so I sympathise.

Fluvian

Banned

Sometimes it's both!

You got Nerd and geek completely mixed around.
It's usually one or the other for me, I'm either thinking "Oh jesus fucking christ my life would be decent if I wasn't an asshole" and sometimes it's "oh jesus fucking christ, why is my life so terrible? I'm a nice guy what did I do?".

Fluvian

Banned
Zero²;214628598 said:
Ohhh you mean those people that like SAO? I've heard of them.

Nobody likes SAO, the people who watch that are soulless broken hollows who maybe don't like lollicon and incest but accept it.

Jobbs

Banned
I don't feel like shitting up that thread more than it already is. While there are some entitled chodes, there are also some folks who just can figure it out for the life in them and, as a consequence, they are not having the most pleasant time (not to mention some very real, very nasty dehumanising attitudes towards shorter men, BECAUSE IT'S SO FUNNY).

It's a bad look, but I've been somewhat there, so I sympathise.

My opinion of humanity tends to scrape the bottom any time I click on a Neogaf thread about dating or women.

The dudes talking about keeping panties as trophies in the thread about exes profoundly grossed me out. I hate guys.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
My opinion of humanity tends to scrape the bottom any time I click on a Neogaf thread about dating or women.

The dudes talking about keeping panties as trophies in the thread about exes profoundly grossed me out. I hate guys.
That is one of those things that never ever crossed my mind. I literally cannot comprehend some people. It's like they are fundamentally wired in a different way. They are ISA and I'm PCI-E or some shit like that.

I do have plenty of awful Tinder Mishaps, though. Coupled with the stereotypical Millennial attitude, this recent sense of empowerment has been playing a real number on womynkind, too. Now the douche splashes from both ends. HBO's Girls is a cinema verite documentary, I swear.

At the risk of sounding like an old and crusty boomer, I'm not confident in those fucks paying my pension.

Fluvian

Banned
That is one of those things that never ever crossed my mind. I literally cannot comprehend some people. It's like they are fundamentally wired in a different way. They are ISA and I'm PCI-E or some shit like that.

I do have plenty of awful Tinder Mishaps, though. Coupled with the stereotypical Millennial attitude, this recent sense of empowerment has been playing a real number on womynkind, too. Now the douche splashes from both ends. HBO's Girls is a cinema verite documentary, I swear.

At the risk of sounding like an old and crusty boomer, I'm not confident in those fucks paying my pension.

Not about New York city evidently considering how ridiculously white washed the show is (or was, I watched like half of season one realised i don't care for Lena Dunham and turned it off).

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Lena Dunham is a wholesome, positive role model for today's young adults compared to some of the girls I met through the interwebs

Then again, some of the sane ones also told me some genuinely hair rising/belly laugh inducing stories about my fellow doodz. Like holy fuck, tell me you made an anonymous call to the police kind of terrible.

People suck.

Fluvian

Banned
Lena Dunham is a wholesome, positive role model for today's young adults compared to some of the girls I met through the interwebs

Then again, some of the sane ones also told me some genuinely hair rising/belly laugh inducing stories about my fellow doodz. Like holy fuck, tell me you made an anonymous call to the police kind of terrible.

People suck.

Yeah I don't know, I think I've been mentally preoccupied trying to reach out to people these last few months that I seem to have forgotten that most people are dicks. There was this kid at my gym who only started up a few weeks ago, I gave him some pointers and stopped him from embarrassing himself on the leg press by showing him how to let the weight actually drop.
Anyway despite helping put this kid on the path to his goals he swaggers into the gym last week with a fucking bodybuilder cut off shirt (he's super skinny btw, like 138 pounds tops) and goes over to the cable machine's, I'm finishing up but I need to do a bit of work on a cable machine to so I go over, thinking I'll say hi and might have a word or two, so theres two cable machines next to each other, I say hi, no response he has headphones so I don't think anything of it but when I go to lower the cable machine he fucking slaps me hand and says "I'm using both machines".
This fucking guy I'm thinking, he just violated like 3 actual rules and a million unspoken ones, I'm seconds away from tossing his skinny butt out of the gym before I think of something better to do, the only reason anyone does cable flies is to look in the mirror in front of you and think "Look how buff I am" so I went in front of the mirror and did bicep curls until he gave up, I could see how fucking furious he was getting about it until he just fucked off and I went and did my work.
Guess what, he did the exact same fucking thing this morning, but not to me, he did it to a proper fucking mean bastard and the guy fucking erupted on him, shouting about gym ettiquette and how taking both machines is shitty and told the kid never to show up in a body builder shirt until he was actually in body builder shape, I've never felt so satisfied seeing something like that in my life, the kid looked terrified and clearly got the message.

Somtimes shitty people just need a kick up the arse to make them normal.

MutFox

Banned
I was the model for one of those once, I was 16 so barely legal (in England) and my dick looked tiny in most of the pictures (thank you Cassandra for exaggerating).

Holding those longer poses must get tiring...
I like drawing 30 sec poses... :p

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I was the model for one of those once, I was 16 so barely legal (in England) and my dick looked tiny in most of the pictures (thank you Cassandra for exaggerating).

How old are you now? 20? I'm terrible remembering the ages of people in here tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom