• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutFox

Banned
tumblr_obetqvQKp61ufr0jio1_500.gif

Fluvian

Banned
Thank fucking god...because I will argue about it, lol.=p

Oh yeah, heard that game sucked. I wasn't interested in it, but damn what happened, it sounds worse than I thought.

It's not terrible it's just extremely repetitive and any charm or feeling of discovery wares off after two hours. If you like checklist games it's for you.

zeemumu

I at least appreciate that Nancy's boyfriend isn't a complete douche. If he didn't hang around those two dumbasses that he calls friends he'd probably be a decent guy.

Jobbs

Banned

It's true I think UC4 and NMS are absolutely awful, but I delight in finding them awful. The idea that this makes me angry is false. To the contrary, I've really amused myself lately in the NMS threads.

But you hate Uncharted? me too funny enough.

oh it's just the worst. All that artistic and programming talent wasted on such a dull game about a thoroughly uninteresting character.

I at least appreciate that Nancy's boyfriend isn't a complete douche. If he didn't hang around those two dumbasses that he calls friends he'd probably be a decent guy.

I loved how subversive the writers were in the handling of this character.

Disxo

^
Guess everything can be simplified, but fury road is on another level
oh it's just the worst. All that artistic and programming talent wasted on such a dull game about a thoroughly uninteresting character.
Bro!
Like everything ND these days

Timu

It's true I think UC4 and NMS are absolutely awful, but I delight in finding them awful. The idea that this makes me angry is false. To the contrary, I've really amused myself lately in the NMS threads.

What the hell??? UC4 isn't awful!!!

jb1234

It would suck if I get banned before Jobbs since I'm a nice person...most of the time, sometimes I can be a hardass!!!

I have trouble picturing this, haha. Your posting style (lots of exclamation points) kinda built you up in my mind as a very excitable, happy person. That's not to say that kind of personality can't be a hardass. ;)

Timu

I have trouble picturing this, haha. Your posting style (lots of exclamation points) kinda built you up in my mind as a very excitable, happy person. That's not to say that kind of personality can't be a hardass. ;)
Ha, ha, yep, I do this now because I used to tell people off in the past and sometimes get in trouble in for it!!!=p I used to insult people for pete's sake!!!=O I had anger issues and took things too seriously and now I'm loosening up on that to be more calm, happy and excited.

zeemumu

I loved how subversive the writers were in the handling of this character.

I nutted when he went AWF on their stupid asses.

Reminds me of
Mike
in Until Dawn.
I thought he was gonna be full douche the whole time but after Jessica got kidnapped he stepped up and was a good guy the rest of the game.

It helps that Steve's reactions aren't completely out of nowhere.
His "WHAT DA HELL?!" reaction when he walked in on Nancy about to go monster hunting and pointing a gun at him seemed appropriate.

Fluvian

Banned
Reminds me of
Mike
in Until Dawn.
I thought he was gonna be full douche the whole time but after Jessica got kidnapped he stepped up and was a good guy the rest of the game.

Well depends how you play the game, you can make him a bumbling idiot too.

zeemumu

Well depends how you play the game, you can make him a bumbling idiot too.

Well mine was a cool guy.

Also, the gunshot sound that they use in Stranger things episode 8 sounds really similar to one of the Resident Evil gun sounds. I don't remember which one.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I hate when Im chatting on facebook and whoever is chatting with me decides to send audio recordings instead of text and more when I have to use my phone to hear them clearly. Ugh fuck this shit.

Misha

Banned
How do you help someone feel better that feels like they aren't living for anything and don't have any skills? I don't feel like saying "I'm sure you're good at something" would work since they can just tell you you're wrong and in this case we're talking about someone who doesn't want to listen to advice like "talk to a therapist" or "try to join a club and meet new people"

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
How do you help someone feel better that feels like they aren't living for anything and don't have any skills? I don't feel like saying "I'm sure you're good at something" would work since they can just tell you you're wrong and in this case we're talking about someone who doesn't want to listen to advice like "talk to a therapist" or "try to join a club and meet new people"

Tell that person to stop underselling themselves and that everyone has something good to do even if unaware of it. There are always moments where we attract this black cloud of negativity that blurs out the reality of who we are as individuals and only makes us focus on the negatives which its good to look on to improve but dwelling on it all the time is not progressive at all for your good.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe

He's probably one of those people who stares at their phone desperate for the notification light to appear. I would know because I'm one of those people. I would recommend you try to direct him towards a specific club, as a therapist might be too expensive. Sounds like he's lonely and has no self-esteem, interaction could help.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Ditto. Loneliness is a real killer.

I used to ignore that feeling and in high school I would usually spend a month in the summer without going outside. That and deleting my facebook account for a stupid reason right after high school pretty much ruined my social life.

Took me a very long time to be able to even leave enough shyness behind to look people in the eye again...

Misha

Banned
Tell that person to stop underselling themselves and that everyone has something good to do even if unaware of it. There are always moments where we attract this black cloud of negativity that blurs out the reality of who we are as individuals and only makes us focus on the negatives which its good to look on to improve but dwelling on it all the time is not progressive at all for your good.
That's a very fair response but I'm not sure that the rationality would stick.
Also I guess I should have specificed one thing. His passion was books and he likes writing and is going to grad school for it but feels that school sucks the life out of him and that he is unable to accomplish his assignments and stuff and because of it questions his competence
He's probably one of those people who stares at their phone desperate for the notification light to appear. I would know because I'm one of those people. I would recommend you try to direct him towards a specific club, as a therapist might be too expensive. Sounds like he's lonely and has no self-esteem, interaction could help.
He lives in Scotland so I'm pretty sure a therapist wouldn't be a problem monetarily.

Yeah he's relied on this one message board for all his socializing and I think him finding other people for emotional support would be important. Don't know if I could get him to agree to a club tho

Ha, ha, yep, I do this now because I used to tell people off in the past and sometimes get in trouble in for it!!!=p I used to insult people for pete's sake!!!=O I had anger issues and took things too seriously and now I'm loosening up on that to be more calm, happy and excited.

I think a lot of it a product of what you surround yourself with too. Last year I was dating a guy who was extremely bitter and depressed, at least more than I was used to, and despite my attempts to cheer him up and help him out his attitude started to wear me down and I became a lot like him, upset about irrelevant things and over reacting with anger instead of focusing on the positives and trying to be happy with life.

So I dumped him and started purging the other negative influences from my life, and I'm much happier for it! Any time I would catch myself being unnecessarily cynical, I would clamp down on it immediately and do my best to let it go. (coincidentally, this plays a lot into why I haven't gotten banned on here all year :p)

It's not your job to save everyone. Some people just aren't going to be receptive to your aid, and that has to be okay.

Trying to save everyone and taking on the burdens of people who won't let you help them is how girls stay in abusive relationships.

Fluvian

Banned
God Blonde is such a great fucking album, I hope Endless comes to itunes soon so I listen to that on the go, I don't want to have to get apple music or watch it illegally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom