• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
14141882_1185597084836147_1056910353223918304_n.jpg

I hate these because I'm just like yeah ok what about 27 tho

You know there's some 40 year old reading these and crying

FloatOn

It's not dumb necessarily, it has has a high bar.

Jake-Gyllenhaal-bun-nightcrawler.jpg

Jake Gyllenhal looked cool as hell with it.

that isn't thom yorke

2015ThomYorke_GettyImages-481268238200715.article_x4.jpg

I'll agree that it doesn't look terrible on everyone but it's popularity is overblown and everyone shouldn't try to rock it

Misha

Banned
The OP's reasoning that he still thinks his favorite streamers are good guys despite allowing constant hatespeech in their donation messages because he understands that they need to make a living made my skin crawl.

Like I said in the thread, if a singer at a concert was handing the mic to crowd members and letting them shout hate speech and just nodding and going along with it you would, as a civilized person, leave the show and not support that singer anymore.

I started watching Reynad more recently cause he's tried to improve those kinds of things. He'll take a racist donation off screen early purposely ignore it depending on which fits the situation more and he realized recently that "free speech" in chat was a really dumb decision that lead to a hostile chat and he's trying to beef up moderation.

Its a good example of when someone finally realizes the things they were rebelling against were there for a reason

Jobbs

Banned
I started watching Reynad more recently cause he's tried to improve those kinds of things. He'll take a racist donation off screen early purposely ignore it depending on which fits the situation more and he realized recently that "free speech" in chat was a really dumb decision that lead to a hostile chat and he's trying to beef up moderation.

Its a good example of when someone finally realizes the things they were rebelling against were there for a reason

Allowing hatespeech has a compound negative effect on your culture, because the hate speech will quickly chase away the good people.

Since we were talking about Pokket the other day -- I don't think her channel is as large as the ones they're talking about (I can't deal with the truly large ones) but there's no hate speech or gross talk allowed in the chat that I've ever seen.

Misha

Banned
Allowing hatespeech has a compound negative effect on your culture, because the hate speech will quickly chase away the good people.

Since we were talking about Pokket the other day -- I don't think her channel is as large as the ones they're talking about (I can't deal with the truly large ones) but there's no hate speech or gross talk allowed in the chat that I've ever seen.

Yeah.

I have no idea who pokket is but there are definitely some pretty large twitch channels that I watch that use sub mode and heavy moderation to keep things good like day9 or hafu. Iirc totalbiscuit even keeps his pretty good

FloatOn

rumor is the NX is getting shown off soon

I can't help but be excited about it. I really hope nintendo doesn't fuck it up.

it would be great to play nintendo games again at some point.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4

I can't help but be excited about it. I really hope nintendo doesn't fuck it up.

It's Nintendo, so it will, while hopefully giving us a few real gems not to spoil our memories way too much. Just enough to keep us bitter and jaded.

MutFox

Banned

No kidding.
Hopefully Iwata's last system will be a great one.

FloatOn

It's Nintendo, so it will, while hopefully giving us a few real gems not to spoil our memories way too much. Just enough to keep us bitter and jaded.

I think my main issue with nintendo is that they have some ass-backwards thinking on how to set up their infrastructure (friend codes, games being tied to the console they are downloaded on etc)

MutFox

Banned
Redout came out today...
KOENIGG1_Start.gif
KOENIGG1_ilinx.gif

KOENIGG_Grind.gif
KOENIGG1_SmoothTurnis.gif

ESA1_grind.gif
ESA1_Redout.gif

Looks awesome, hope to see some good impressions soon.
Will probably get it once I update my GPU later this year...

I need my F-Zero itch scratched...

Has a VR mode too... :|

Fluvian

Banned

And they already have the perfect launch games, they just need to port smash and splatoon.

Fluvian

Banned
If NX Smash is a port of 4 that includes all DLC + Snake, I'm buying Smash 4 again at launch...

Yeah, but didn't Reggie or someone say that the new Zelda isn't going to be on the NX? That sucks but I actually understand that, they probably want to squeeze some money out of the Wii U before they abandon it.

MutFox

Banned
Yeah, but didn't Reggie or someone say that the new Zelda isn't going to be on the NX? That sucks but I actually understand that, they probably want to squeeze some money out of the Wii U before they abandon it.

It'll be on NX...
That'll sell the console at launch guaranteed.

Most people don't want a Wii U.
Heck, I stopped buying software for my Wii U, using that cash for the NX + Games/Accessories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom