• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloatOn

That seems absurdly expensive for what it is.

Edit: I just realised what I paid for my TV stand. I have no leg to stand on.

yeah that's the thing that's kind of holding me back from pulling the trigger.

not that I can't afford it it just seems a bit excessive. like I would feel guilty for spending so much.

Could look pretty good depending on the style you have in your house. But should tv stands be that expensive?

I've been wanting to redo some stuff in my living room. particularly the living room media center. I currently have a crappy ikea tv stand and a somewhat old 42'' tv

this is my living room btw

12644779_10153543422578515_8003662749569668270_n.jpg

jb1234

It's funny that the trill place a huge importance on new experiences and stuff but she just ends up being curzon pt 2. They kind of get away with it in the context of the show but that's because curzon wasn't a character.
I've only seen a couple episodes with ezri in it but it's neat that she's a psychologist. Probably won't get a chance to do much since her role is more passive and they're getting into arc heavy territory but it's a nice departure. I don't know if they thought the same but having her dislike bloodline was a nice touch to try to distance her from jadzia and curzon

Ezri gets a LOT of screen time in the final season, with at least three episodes dedicated to her. She's also a pivotal supporting character in several others.

(Jadzia is far better.)

Fluvian

Banned
yeah that's the thing that's kind of holding me back from pulling the trigger.

not that I can't afford it it just seems a bit excessive. like I would feel guilty for spending so much.

I've been wanting to redo some stuff in my living room. particularly the living room media center. I currently have a crappy ikea tv stand and a somewhat old 42'' tv

this is my living room btw

Nice stuff (and dog), that black leather chair looks like the kind you can just melt into

Misha

Banned
Ezri gets a LOT of screen time in the final season, with at least three episodes dedicated to her. She's also a pivotal supporting character in several others.

(Jadzia is far better.)
Wow 3 :p

I'll have to see when I see more of her. Her being upbeat and optimistic is a nice fresh break from all the sarcasm and snark from all the other characters. It's not exactly a common personality trait in Star Trek shows from what I've seen.
Jadzia was my favorite character so far (though garak grows on me every time I see him) so it's definitely disappointing she doesn't stick around but Ezri immediately made me be more interested in her than most of the other characters. Shame they're mutually exclusive

jb1234

Wow 3 :p

I'll have to see when I see more of her. Her being upbeat and optimistic is a nice fresh break from all the sarcasm and snark from all the other characters. It's not exactly a common personality trait in Star Trek shows from what I've seen.
Jadzia was my favorite character so far (though garak grows on me every time I see him) so it's definitely disappointing she doesn't stick around but Ezri immediately made me be more interested in her than most of the other characters. Shame they're mutually exclusive

When I first watched the final season, I resented Ezri because she was stealing screen time from characters I liked more (and frankly, her episodes aren't all that great). I'm rewatching the show now so it'll be interesting to see if I still feel this way almost two decades later.

Misha

Banned
When I first watched the final season, I resented Ezri because she was stealing screen time from characters I liked more (and frankly, her episodes aren't all that great). I'm rewatching the show now so it'll be interesting to see if I still feel this way almost two decades later.
Do odo and Kira pick back up again late in the series? I liked them early on but I'm getting tired of them a bit. Most of the other characters are consistently getting better tho so it isn't a huge deal

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

jb1234

Do odo and Kira pick back up again late in the series? I liked them early on but I'm getting tired of them a bit. Most of the other characters are consistently getting better tho so it isn't a huge deal

What season are you on now?

And congrats on your sobriety, Sol!

jb1234

Like 5ish? I've skipped around a ton but I've seen almost all the episodes up until around mid season 5

Ah, okay. It's hard to say much without spoilers but Kira in particular definitely has a good final season, if you like her in badass mode.

Misha

Banned
Ah, okay. It's hard to say much without spoilers but Kira in particular definitely has a good final season, if you like her in badass mode.
Not entirely sure what that means but sounds good.

At the point I'm watching it seems to me like she's exasperated with everything and just needs a hobby or something.
Odo of course is odo. Good for a line or two here or there. But he's pretty much the exact same as always

jb1234

Not entirely sure what that means but sounds good.

At the point I'm watching it seems to me like she's exasperated with everything and just needs a hobby or something.
Odo of course is odo. Good for a line or two here or there. But he's pretty much the exact same as always

Isn't that basically how Kira usually is? :p But no, she takes center stage in the show's final arc. Odo gets stuff to do too.

I am far too careful and worried to zone out

Tricky to dodge when you're always stuck in second gear.

Misha

Banned
Isn't that basically how Kira usually is? :p But no, she takes center stage in the show's final arc. Odo gets stuff to do too.
Kinda? At least at first she was more irritated and used that as a drive to get things done. Right now it seems like she's more tired of things and somewhat checked out

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
the only devil may cry game I've played is DmC

I should probably fix that at some point
DmC had great gameplay and story structure in that events flowed well from one level to the next and the plot felt very fluid and cohesively told, but the actual content of the plot and the punk atmosphere were such garbage that I have trouble deciding if I like that game or loathe it with a burning passion. I had only played ~2 hours of DMC3 and DMC4 before I got the HD Collection on a Humble Sale. The first game is really, really cool so far. You can tell it started out as Resident Evil 4.

I do this occasionally for large chunks of my commute. Only the sounds of animal skulls crushing against my bumper pull me out of my stupor.

I don't remember anything about my ride to work today except telling some British guy how to get to the beach. I think most of "zoning out" in situations like this is just your brain deciding certain events aren't worth remembering because they're too commonplace and don't bring anything useful to the table.

FloatOn

DmC had great gameplay and story structure in that events flowed well from one level to the next and the plot felt very fluid and cohesively told, but the actual content of the plot and the punk atmosphere were such garbage that I have trouble deciding if I like that game or loathe it with a burning passion. I had only played ~2 hours of DMC3 and DMC4 before I got the HD Collection on a Humble Sale. The first game is really, really cool so far. You can tell it started out as Resident Evil 4.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I own some others in the series. And I agree that DmC did seem to overdo it when it came to being edgy. But the gameplay was good enough and the characters interesting enough to look at more entries. I've heard that 3 is the best.

As an aside the only other "character action" game I've played is lords of shadow. Which seems to get a ton of hate but I also liked.

SolVanderlyn

jb1234

Kinda? At least at first she was more irritated and used that as a drive to get things done. Right now it seems like she's more tired of things and somewhat checked out

They softened her a lot during Nana Visitor's pregnancy but especially by mid-season 5, the character gets her fire back and it's pretty great. Have you seen "The Darkness and the Light" yet?

Halcyon

I don't remember anything about my ride to work today except telling some British guy how to get to the beach. I think most of "zoning out" in situations like this is just your brain deciding certain events aren't worth remembering because they're too commonplace and don't bring anything useful to the table.

It doesn't help that I'm usually furiously rodgering myself.
I just wanted to say rodgering

Halcyon

I also have the maturity level of Steve Stifler

The Hobbit movies are fucking terrible. I've never seen such a demonstration of pointless excess

They are Matrix: Reloaded levels of 'this is ruining my love of the first things' for me.

jb1234

The Hobbit movies are terrible. I've never seen such a demonstration of pointless excess

In what is probably a very bad idea, I'm planning a marathon of all six Jackson films, extended editions. The Hobbit films were already bloated messes in their original forms so this could be a loooooooooong haul. But at least it'll end well!

Jobbs

Banned
I also have the maturity level of Steve Stifler

They are Matrix: Reloaded levels of 'this is ruining my love of the first things' for me.

Let's take a relatively simple and short children's book and stretch it to three movies because money: The Film Series

It's a book I remember from my childhood -- my mom read it to us -- And I remember something about a ring and an evil frog who wants the ring and there's a dragon and dwarves...

You can't turn this into a high stakes 9 hour epic. There's nothing to care about. In the main trilogy there was a looming threat and an emotional core. The Hobbit kind of doesn't have either of those things. I don't care if the dwarf gets his gold back. It doesn't matter to me.

Also Ganon and Sauron and Legolas all look really old and weird when they should be younger and it constantly takes me out of the movie. Sauron looks like he's literally about to drop dead during filming.

In what is probably a very bad idea, I'm planning a marathon of all six Jackson films, extended editions. The Hobbit films were already bloated messes in their original forms so this could be a loooooooooong haul. But at least it'll end well!

Seeing a little bit of ojne of the hobbit movies yesterday at random reminded me of what a mess they were and just made me want to watch the original three again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom