• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been meaning to watch Bone Tomahawk

Kurt Russell <3

God damn it, i finally decide I'm going to watch lucha underground and of course theres no fucking links anywhere and no legal way to watch it.
I should catch up on this

I started watching it when it started but couldn't decide if I enjoyed how cheesy it was or not

Jobbs

Banned
May have to watch Pacific Rim soon. I thought the movie was a snore when I saw it years ago, but my GF has been trying to convince me that it's awesome. I guess a second viewing may be in order.

Turin

Banned
Dad moved his right arm today!

latest

Pau

May have to watch Pacific Rim soon. I thought the movie was a snore when I saw it years ago, but my GF has been trying to convince me that it's awesome. I guess a second viewing may be in order.
I watched it in Dbox and it helped the experience. Pacific Rim would make a cool ride.

Jobbs

Banned
I watched it in Dbox and it helped the experience. Pacific Rim would make a cool ride.

I'm learning all kinds of new things today.

I think one of my problems with Pacific Rim was the "...but why?"ness of it was so high that I had trouble suspending my disbelief.

Wrestling the monsters seems like such a terribly inefficient and unnecessarily dangerous/costly solution. Mount huge guns on the robot and blast them from a mile away. Two miles. Ten miles. It makes no sense.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I recommended Pacific Rim based on what I knew to a group of friends after we'd been on a bender and amidst the morning after hangover had decided to go see a movie. We wanted something dumb, fun, loud, colourful, and over the top. It was perfect.

Good morning, Poppy.

:3

I'm learning all kinds of new things today.

I think one of my problems with Pacific Rim was the "...but why?"ness of it was so high that I had trouble suspending my disbelief.

Wrestling the monsters seems like such a terribly inefficient and unnecessarily dangerous/costly solution. Mount huge guns on the robot and blast them from a mile away. Two miles. Ten miles. It makes no sense.
Because that wouldn't be rad

That's why

FloatOn

Pacific Rim was extremely meh to me

It was inoffensive fun but it wasn't particularly good

Also lol @ Jobbs wanting to apply logic to a movie with giant mechs and interdimensional monsters

Jobbs

Banned
Pacific Rim was extremely meh to me

It was inoffensive fun but it wasn't particularly good

Also lol @ Jobbs wanting to apply logic to a movie with giant mechs and interdimensional monsters

Difference between applying logic and internal logic.

Okay, what do we have at play here? We have mechs, monsters, and guns. We have all of these things in the world and yet they choose to wrestle the monsters at great personal risk and cost. The internal logic struggle - things not making sense within the context - is the reason this particular problem was so distracting for me.

Difference between applying logic and internal logic.

Okay, what do we have at play here? We have mechs, monsters, and guns. We have all of these things in the world and yet they choose to wrestle the monsters at great personal risk and cost. The internal logic struggle - things not making sense within the context - is the reason this particular problem was so distracting for me.
First: traditional guns and missiles didn't work, as shown at the beginning
Second: poison blood. Killing the kaiju via internal bleeding and blunt force trauma is much preferable as they then would then not have to quarantine large areas of the world
Third: that's less rad

Halcyon

Pacific Rim is fucking awful and liking things just because it's 'geeky' which is what I believe is happening makes me want to dispense wedgies.

Jobbs

Banned
First: traditional guns and missiles didn't work, as shown at the beginning
Second: poison blood. Killing the kaiju via internal bleeding and blunt force trauma is much preferable as they then would then not have to quarantine large areas of the world
Third: that's less rad

This strikes me as "..because she breathes through her skin" tier. Details designed specifically to get to a predetermined endpoint: Robots wrestling monsters/Girl wearing no clothes ever.

Again, I'm certainly not mocking anyone for liking the movie (my GF likes it!) I'm just pointing out how distracting the "..but why?"s were for me

This strikes me as "..because she breathes through her skin" tier. Details designed specifically to get to a predetermined endpoint: Robots wrestling monsters/Girl wearing no clothes ever.

Again, I'm certainly not mocking anyone for liking the movie (my GF likes it!) I'm just pointing out how distracting the "..but why?"s were for me

But the internal logic is consistent. And I mean, it's not like toxic blood hasn't been a plot element in other things before, look at Alien

This also applies to fans of anime
One Punch Man and Gurren Lagann are better than anything you like

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I've heard enough nerd. Now prepare to be pants'd. Becky is waiting for me at Gamma Beta ALPHA and we are going streaking though the quad.

*Pounds fists*
Your avatar and this post combined are extra hilarious

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I think it's weird how superhero movies aren't nerd material anymore.

SolVanderlyn

Help me trapped with mosquito cant sleep or find it I think I hear a buzzing-Aahhhhkbfdjlhsrnhzflnhrddddttzzk
Relax. It could have been a cockroach or a cricket or something bigger and scarier.

SolVanderlyn

But it can still bite me &#128542;&#128542;&#128542;&#128542;&#128542;&#128557;&#128565;&#128562;&#128128;&#128128;&#128128;

Crickets are not scary
Um

Yes they are

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom