• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

I'm gonna get SWOLE if it kills me

hqdefault.jpg

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Sorry, but the BioShock series was one of the defining series of the last generation. I honestly don't get how someone can deny that.
Maybe on how we value a somewhat interesting world with uninspired gameplay and how some phylosopy makes people forget how half baked it is. But enjoy that while I enjoy what I like which you'll probably find mediocre since the beauty of opinions is that they will vary.

FloatOn

God I can't stand these bernie or buster or third party people in general.

It's like you have four fucking years between elections to make yourselves relevant if you want a third party. To wait until the general to raise a fit about the two party system is fucking lazy.

just compromise on your fucking "morals" and vote for Hilary. If you don't you are putting this country in real danger of Trumpocalypse.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Wake up, roll over, check phone. Friend has sent a flurry of updates from her tinder date. Guy has limitless stamina and a humungo dong. Good for her.

Back to sleep.

Symphonia

Banned

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Sorry, but the BioShock series was one of the defining series of the last generation. I honestly don't get how someone can deny that.

Only in being one of the largest perpetrators of the modern hype cycle.

Bioshock didn't define anything. It was a dumbed down, pale imitation of its predecessor, System Shock 2. It didn't create anything, it didn't build anything, it didn't inspire anything. It was a moment in time, sure, but nothing more than that.

FloatOn

Is it safe to admit that the only piece of Bioshock content I've ever played was the PS3 demo of the first game?

this is a safe space. so long as you don't talk about women being shitty to men then all of a sudden you are mansplaining

I say this with tongue in cheek. I'm bored and I kind of just want to rustle some jimmies

Fluvian

Banned
My dad bought an electric bicycle and I got to try it out, wow these things are the future. Seriously I was barely peddling and I was going fast as a motherfucker.
I can't wait for these and electric skateboards to become common place.

this is a safe space. so long as you don't talk about women being shitty to men then all of a sudden you are mansplaining

I say this with tongue in cheek. I'm bored and I kind of just want to rustle some jimmies

You intentionally compared the acts of several men who were so ignorant that they thought their dehumanizing insults were compliments, to a woman whose job is to antagonize people for entertainment. It's not even remotely the same thing even if people end up hurt either way. This isn't a competition so coming back with "yeah but x" made you sound insufferably petty. Bringing it up again isn't helping your case.

bioshock 1 is the only bioshock. the rest is crap.
You would say so, ms "I hope there are secrets under the sea" ;)

I like infinite better.

You intentionally compared the acts of several men who were so ignorant that they thought their dehumanizing insults were compliments, to a woman whose job is to antagonize people for entertainment. It's not even remotely the same thing even if people end up hurt either way. This isn't a competition so coming back with "yeah but x" made you sound insufferably petty. Bringing it up again isn't helping your case.

You would say so, ms "I hope there are secrets under the sea" ;)

I like infinite better.
hah! it is true...an underwater setting is something that appeals to me in mysterious and complex ways. doesn't change the fact that the second one was only a rehash though.

jb1234

Every time I try playing Bioshock, I get bored five hours in. I haven't even bothered with the other two. It really is a triumph of art design but man, the gameplay doesn't click with me.

FloatOn

First off, I'm jesting and you would have known this had you read the spoiler tag. It's also really convenient that you cherry pick what you want to hear just like RNH and Misha did yesterday. I said several times that it was way more of a common thing and way more vocal on the men being shitty to women thing than it is the other way around. Nobody wants to acknowledge that. Would it have been so hard to just be like "yes Seth no one is exempt from being an asshole" (which was exactly my point NOT these specific instances are equivalent). But whatever.

First off, I'm jesting and you would have known this had you read the spoiler tag. It's also really convenient that you cherry pick what you want to hear just like RNH and Misha did yesterday. I said several times that it was way more of a common thing and way more vocal on the men being shitty to women thing than it is the other way around. Nobody wants to acknowledge that. Would it have been so hard to just be like "yes Seth no one is exempt from being an asshole" (which was exactly my point NOT these specific instances are equivalent). But whatever.

Man, you can't just slap an "I'm joking" on the end. That's not how it works. If there's shit in the porridge then the whole bowl is ruined.

you see... the issue was that you brought it up in the first place. we all know people can be assholes to each other, regardless of their gender. it's common sense. so insisting on the whole "GUYS ALSO HAVE IT TOUGH" thing while women's troubles are being discussed does nothing but undermine very real female struggles. it's just a whole different environment us women have to face, you can't really compare it to "girls can be mean to boys too" and trying to do so is ALWAYS downsizing it. again: while neither is cool, the root, history, magnitude and very shape of male/female harassment in our society is different.
I think it was RNH who brought up that this works very much like the black lives matter vs. all lives matter debate. if you don't want to be blamed for mansplaining then maybe you need to figure out the right time to speak about male struggles and when not. otherwise it's like a child crying out for attention when there's much worse stuff going on.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I posted in a thread about racism. I hope I didn't inadvertently say something really stupid and end up getting myself banned.

P.S. JB, you should finish Cold Steel if you haven't. The second game is a lot better than the first so far.

FloatOn

you see... the issue was that you brought it up in the first place. we all know people can be assholes to each other, regardless of their gender. it's common sense. so insisting on the whole "GUYS ALSO HAVE IT TOUGH" thing while women's troubles are being discussed does nothing but undermine very real female struggles. it's just a whole different environment us women have to face, you can't really compare it to "girls can be mean to boys too" and trying to do so is ALWAYS downsizing it. again: while neither is cool, the root, history, magnitude and very shape of male/female harassment in our society is different.
I think it was RNH who brought up that this works very much like the black lives matter vs. all lives matter debate. if you don't want to be blamed for mansplaining then maybe you need to figure out the right time to speak about male struggles and when not. otherwise it's like a child crying out for attention when there's much worse stuff going on.

I don't think I was barging into the discussion and I even expressed empathy for pokket as that particular conversation was dying down.

my point was kind of an addendum. sort of like "btw look at this other shitty thing that has happened".

I understand that it is apples and oranges and it wasn't my intention to even remotely compare other than saying here is this other crappy thing that happened.

I'll space out the timing of bringing up such a thing if I even bring something like this up again.

I don't think I was barging into the discussion and I even expressed empathy for pokket as that particular conversation was dying down.

my point was kind of an addendum. sort of like "btw look at this other shitty thing that has happened".

I understand that it is apples and oranges and it wasn't my intention to even remotely compare other than saying here is this other crappy thing that happened.

I'll space out the timing of bringing up such a thing if I even bring something like this up again.

you just didn't seem to understand why people were so upset about it, I hope it's a bit clearer now for the sake of all of us.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Oh shit I might be leaving to Florida next week and I got more clothes today. #Blessed #BioshockIsStillShit

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Coming from PC gaming and System Shock II to Bioshock was like doing the same from computer FPS to Killzone.

The gaming press failed catastrophically at addressing that game as it should. Other than the setting and the visuals (which weren't all that amazing outside of the art direction) that game was the training wheels version of System Shock II.

I'd like to blame a new generation of journalists for not making it immediately clear in their reviews, but nobody can claim ignorance given the continuous and undeserving comparisons with System Shock II.

It was a fun FPS with some stricking visuals and a novel setting. And that was all. System Shock II remains a seminal game, whereas Bioshock is just Bioshock.

FloatOn

you just didn't seem to understand why people were so upset about it, I hope it's a bit clearer now for the sake of all of us.

no I got it yesterday. I still feel like I'm misunderstood though. I wasn't trying to be combative or invalidate the very real issues women face and I think that's what I was painted as.

like I said I won't bring up instances of women being shitty to men again because it seems that it will be misconstrued as an "all lives matter" strawman.

Oh shit I might be leaving to Florida next week and I got more clothes today. #Blessed #BioshockIsStillShit

sweet! keep me posted.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
since Tinder is a giant fuckboi feast I tried out "Once" :l curious to see how it goes. any experience with that app?

From the dude perspective:

• Tinder is worthless unless you live in a big metropolitan area.
  • Half of the hot girls are bots.
  • The other half are just looking for attention (read: they just want to check how many hot guys swipe right and don't even bother replying to their matches).
  • I don't know what is the female equivalent of fucboi, but there's no shortage of it.

I kinda hate Tinder. I had very little success there. Meanwhile, I was juggling dates right after hitting that site I mentioned a few pages back.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
^^ Looks photoshopped to my untrained eye.

• The other half are just looking for attention (read: they just want to check how many hot guys swipe right and don't even bother replying to their matches).
  • I don't know what is the female equivalent of fucboi, but there's no shortage of it.

I kinda hate Tinder. I had very little success there. Meanwhile, I was juggling dates right after hitting that site I mentioned a few pages back.
What is the female equivalent of fuccboi?

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Opinion.

Does this look too much like a new picture that has like 12 layers on it or does could it pass for a turn of the century photograph.

Still way too sharp. Needs to be slightly out of focus and could use some grain.

Right now it looks like something you'd find on a desk in the Resident Evil series.

oh I think you misunderstood. there's an actual dating app called "Once" out there now. it presents you a match every day or so. it's supposed to be quality over quantity. I was just curios if anyone ever checked it out before. maybe it's just a German thing idk

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
oh I think you misunderstood. there's an actual dating app called "Once" out there now. it presents you a match every day or so. it's supposed to be quality over quantity. I was just curios if anyone ever checked it out before. maybe it's just a German thing idk

Oh.

No idea about that one, I'm afraid. I've heard good things about Bumble, though.

SolVanderlyn

Sometimes I spend all day posting on GAF. halp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom