• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fluvian

Banned
tumblr_od4119V0yB1qzmjfxo1_540.png

lorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Meh, you seem to have a thing for girls with RBF, I like girls with life and colour on their faces.

FloatOn

Isn't the phrase "resting bitch face" sexist? does the patriarchy have the expectation that ladies should always be pleasant and smiling?

inquiring minds want to know

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Isn't the phrase "resting bitch face" sexist? does the patriarchy have the expectation that ladies should always be pleasant and smiling?

The male version exists. RBF might be on the same level as fuccboi in that the opposing gender can exhibit symptoms of the term but not necessarily have a name for it

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds

It is pretty sexist. And it goes along with the "you would look better if you smiled" bullshit

Actually they do but I think RBF isn't necessarily sexist. There's a difference between saying "you'd look prettier with a smile" and "are you mad? You look pissed off"

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
The male version exists. RBF might be on the same level as fuccboi in that the opposing gender can exhibit symptoms of the term but not necessarily have a name for it

Nah, the male version does not exist at all, lol.

Just look at plenty of ads using male models for the equivalent if you want to. It's not a thing on males. It being socially acceptable for guys to look pissed off all the time is a thing.

jb1234

Played an hour and a half of DQVII last night. I went through the game before (which is gargantuan) in my early 20s. Once I made it to the first sad town and heard its accompanying music, it was like an instant flashback to those times, working on the game in between classes, when I was happy. I cried, won't lie.

FloatOn

ok I won't lie

I just listened to a bit of PUP, latterman and jawbreaker. it immediately put me in my happy place. all three bands remind me of back when I was into punk pre-2001. they are surprisingly immune to influence of the pop punk archetype blink 182 that I fucking hate. gang vocals are there. non repetitive riffs and drums are there. and holy shit the songs actually sound different.

so in summary, maybe I'm getting over being snobby or maybe these bands are just really good.

still though, I would have to be in a certain mood to listen to this stuff. I don't see how anyone could nonstop. but, different strokes I guess!

ok I won't lie

I just listened to a bit of PUP, latterman and jawbreaker. it immediately put me in my happy place. all three bands remind me of back when I was into punk pre-2001. they are surprisingly immune to influence of the pop punk archetype blink 182 that I fucking hate. gang vocals are there. non repetitive riffs and drums are there. and holy shit the songs actually sound different.

so in summary, maybe I'm getting over being snobby or maybe these bands are just really good.

still though, I would have to be in a certain mood to listen to this stuff. I don't see how anyone could nonstop. but, different strokes I guess!
I can listen to Jawbreaker nonstop because they are lyrical and musical genius❤️

Fluvian

Banned

Not really, if I was telling her to smile maybe, I'm just stating the obvious that, that girl is a model without any expression on her face besides disdain, that's what RBF literally is, resting as in no effort for any expression, bitch as in angry, disgusted or disdainful and face as in her face. RBF.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

Just look at plenty of ads using male models for the equivalent if you want to. It's not a thing on males. It being socially acceptable for guys to look pissed off all the time is a thing.
If you're a model you can pull off any look you want. Just look at the RBF thirst in here. Meanwhile, normies are getting asked to be more sociable and sometimes ^^^ almost losing jobs over it lol

Fluvian

Banned

It does, it's just not recognised in the same way, girls with RBF usually come off as snobby and unfriendly, traits most people feel are worst in women (I'm pretty much gay now so I don't really care) where as guys with it's almost a bonus that can make them more masculine, it can make them come off as mean and sometimes full on intimidating, traits a lot of girls are strangely attracted to.

It exists with guys but it's a different thing and it's seen in an altogether different way that makes me not even remotely surprised some people don't believe it exists.

I tend to have a permanent grimace but that's only because I am near sighted and don't like to force a smile if I have to.

I call it Somewhat Resting Bastard Face

SolVanderlyn

When your poop is perfectly clean and you don't have to wipe 👌👌👌

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I have usually low value in my physical appearance and want to look like Morrissey and his chizzled face.

FloatOn

Why is normal not preferable? I think it's perfectly possible to look attractive without trying to embellish yourself with anything

Hunt For The Wilderpeople was great. Taiki Waititi is rad. Pumped for Thor 3.

Also I have 2 different default faces.

I dun care:
ZE4LsqXl.jpg

Sorry what?:
LWZNMKTl.jpg

Neither of which are particularly great

ok I won't lie

SUCCESS!

SolVanderlyn

Every pic where I look angry as hell is my default face

Rob, have you ever experimented with some sort of volume-adding hair product? I'm just looking at your hair and it's like way, way flatter than mine. It can be fun to have a lot of poof to work with :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom