• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
My face is worse, still no electricity but at least got water. Its a bacterial infection apparently caused by the high fever. Also 22% battery and the signal is choppy. FML with a cactus

Xiao Hu

Body is sore, mood is poopy over my disappointment yesterday. I don't think any of my closer friends are actually in Cologne right now. Damn I'm lonely...

Jobbs

Banned
2cf5412e5f5bd41a4da40179561ce398.jpg

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Talking about asses, I'm so done with Palmer Luckey. I used to think he was just another Silicon Valley savant, but what he did requires more than just a tinge of assholery.

It's after 1 AM. The park is technically closed. We're in line for a rollercoaster because my roommates are stubborn. They're experiencing a "temporary delay". I don't get why they don't just close the ride and force us to go home :(

I want to get off Mr. Bones Wild Ride

Jobbs

Banned
Talking about asses, I'm so done with Palmer Luckey. I used to think he was just another Silicon Valley savant, but what he did requires more than just a tinge of assholery.

It's not like I planned on buying a Rift, but my likelihood of buying one just went down even more. If I cared about VR I'd opt for any of the alternatives

It's 3:44 in the AM here and I'm not asleep, but I also kinda don't want to sleep. I need to find some friends who are also insomniacs who I can hang out or talk on the phone with during times like this.

Chuckie

Do you guys have kebabs?

Yes we do have those. Northern-African/Turkish and Asian food are really popular and easy to get.

Mexican not so much. We have Taco Mundo, which is at least something....but it ain't the real thing.

Only time when we are lucky is when they have street food festivals. They usually have at least one Mexican food truck. Best goddamn nacho's ever I ate at one of those.

Fluvian

Banned
Yes we do have those. Northern-African/Turkish and Asian food are really popular and easy to get.

Mexican not so much. We have Taco Mundo, which is at least something....but it ain't the real thing.

Only time when we are lucky is when they have street food festivals. They usually have at least one Mexican food truck. Best goddamn nacho's ever I ate at one of those.

Are you a Brit? you can get Taco's here you just need to be in the know, if you live in london theres a good place in shepards bush down the street from westfield

Jobbs

Banned
I'm extremely small time and almost no one pays attention to my tweets and stuff and I still try to avoid stating anything too political to the public because I know there's no win there

Also RIP Jake, I hope everything is good with you

Fluvian

Banned
I'm extremely small time and almost no one pays attention to my tweets and stuff and I still try to avoid stating anything too political to the public because I know there's no win there

That's almost exactly how you get more attention online, negative and positive.

Is that why you didn't commit to full communism last night?

Jobbs

Banned
That's almost exactly how you get more attention online, negative and positive.

eventually the plan is to sell my game(s). I know my audience and gamers in general are probably leaning liberal, but what do I gain by making political statements that alienate the ones who don't identify that way? Let's say 20% of my potential audience is decidedly conservative in terms of their politics. Why provoke them with nothing to gain from it?

That's my general lline of thought

Is that why you didn't commit to full communism last night?

It's a hard topic to discuss in 140 characters and not something I'm always up for doing

Fluvian

Banned
eventually the plan is to sell my game(s). I know my audience and gamers in general are probably leaning liberal, but what do I gain by making political statements that alienate the ones who don't identify that way? Let's say 20% of my potential audience is decidedly conservative in terms of their politics. Why provoke them with nothing to gain from it?

It's a hard topic to discuss in 140 characters and not something I'm always up for doing

Oh I didn't know you're making a game, yeah unless the game itself is political being political wont get you far.
I can't play Fez anymore since I found out Phill Fish is a dick head, saying alienating shit will only lead you to a smaller audience.

Misha

Banned

At least theres one benefit to people thinking of my existence as a political statement :p

Personally tho I think if your fiction doesn't have political statements in it you're not trying. Aesops fables are political statements, LOTR is full of political statements, Alice in Wonderland has a ton of political statements, Star Trek is more political statement than it is sci-fi :p (tho its rare for scifi to not have predictions of where humanity will go and judgments on such)

Jobbs

Banned
I don't think your existence is a political statement. If someone says anything anti LGBT, for example, I'd rebuke them as publicly as possible

But I'm not going to be politically active in terms of election politics and candidates and stuff, there's just no win there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom