• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I had pizza
9f5d50c70d.gif

MutFox

Banned
I wish I would have any confidence that i wouldn't have a nervous breakdown sometime after getting a new job

Fake the confidence.
That's what I've been doing.

Seems to be working for me so far...
Trying to balance confidence with being humble.

zeemumu

I wish I would have any confidence that i wouldn't have a nervous breakdown sometime after getting a new job

I was worried about this when I worked retail. I would always panic internally but keep up my calm poker face in front of the customers.

Misha

Banned
Under promise,
over deliver. :p

(Saw that quote the other day) :|
It's hard to show confidence and under promise. I get legitimately enthusiastic and suggest the best case scenario. Doesn't help with the fact that some things just can't be rushed

MutFox

Banned
It's hard to show confidence and under promise. I get legitimately enthusiastic and suggest the best case scenario. Doesn't help with the fact that some things just can't be rushed

Sometimes you have to be a realist,
and say the things that might not workout, but have alternatives.

Seems they appreciate that here at my current job.

I think you can be optimistic and still hedge your bets. Like for work I do at the screenprinting shop we often tell people that normal turn-around is two weeks, but there's some margin right now so if we don't run into any problems then we may be able to get it back to them later that day/in a few days/whatever. That way they're excited for the possibility of better, but not relying on or expecting it too dearly.

Misha

Banned
Sometimes you have to be a realist,
and say the things that might not workout, but have alternatives.

Seems they appreciate that here at my current job.
People mostly just look for a job well done anyway. They have no issue giving leeway if they have confidence in your work

Cat brought a kitten back home. He is mostly white with black spots.

pics or it didnt happen!

our dear brother Sol wants to let you all know that he can't access his pc right now and won't be able to post for a while since he forgot his password and can't log in on mobile. send your best password prayers!

Aren't most bugs code limitations? :p

But it is easy enough to avoid, just not worth it at all in these cases.

They are, yeah. If a code can't handle x happening but doesn't stop x from happening then that's a bug.

our dear brother Sol wants to let you all know that he can't access his pc right now and won't be able to post for a while since he forgot his password and can't log in on mobile. send your best password prayers!

Oh no :O

My gaf pw is stupidly long but also really hard to forget, which is good because I don't still have access to the email I used to sign up with.

zeemumu

Aren't most bugs code limitations? :p

But it is easy enough to avoid, just not worth it at all in these cases.

Technically, but this one doesn't seem like one that you could cover your ass with in exceptions handling, or at least wouldn't think to because that time frame outlives the console itself.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I just wanted to update that I finally started to watch Scream Queens. It's great so far!

Also I think I'm in love with Emma Roberts.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Finally started The IT Crowd...WHERE HAS THIS SHOW BEEN ALL MY LIFE!? I'm a massive Father Ted fan (what Irishfolk isn't?) and yet I miss this by the same guy?

Misha

Banned
Finally started The IT Crowd...WHERE HAS THIS SHOW BEEN ALL MY LIFE!? I'm a massive Father Ted fan (what Irishfolk isn't?) and yet I miss this by the same guy?
Obviously since you're usually killing nerds, you didn't have anyone to recommend it

Also I made an IT crowd reference to you less than a week ago that sailed over your head

Lay it on me.

Written by Linehan, with Dylan Moran, Bill Bailey and Tamsin Grieg. Set in a bookshop. Also great.

I don;t know how he can be such a brilliant writer/show runner but such a bellend on twitter.

Eh, I don't mind his Twitter

my Scottish friend that you have a lot of similarities with hates him so that's finally proof that you aren't the same person but faking your nationality :p
But Father Ted is amazing!

Fluvian

Banned
Written by Linehan, with Dylan Moran, Bill Bailey and Tamsin Grieg. Set in a bookshop. Also great.

Eh, I don't mind his Twitter

But Father Ted is amazing!

All he fucking does is scream about gg and block people, he's ridiculously childish on it for such a great writer. I find it very hard to watch speed 3 any more thanks to how he's presented himself online EDIT: I didn't get across that, that last comment was a joke, Speed 3 is great and is easily my favourite episode of father ted

I think I need better sleep hygiene or something. So far every single day this week I've woken up with a different body part remarkably sore from the way it was slept on. I keep trying new things and keep getting it wrong. It's pretty frustrating. I wonder if the heat has some effect on that

Fluvian

Banned
Crysis.=p Well, for the 1st game probably. But yeah I look forward to it when it comes to faster video editing and such since I do a lot of videos for youtube now.

Crysis was the old bench mark for my PC's, the new bench mark for me is Metro Last light.

I just dropped a sandwich on the floor but I was so looking forward to it that I picked up the parts and reassembled them :S

This is me most of the time unless there's clearly loose dust/dirt on the ground. If I can't taste it I don't care!

Crysis.=p Well, for the 1st game probably. But yeah I look forward to it when it comes to faster video editing and such since I do a lot of videos for youtube now.
Hasn't crysis been well maxed already? I'd think something like arkham knight would be more apt.

Timu

Crysis was the old bench mark for my PC's, the new bench mark for me is Metro Last light.
Ah, I need to try that one as well, beaten it years ago and would like to play it again on the new rig.

Hasn't crysis been well maxed already? I'd think something like arkham knight would be more apt.
In terms of getting 60FPS+ everywhere, no since it still goes down hard at certain points of the game, in fact it clearly wasn't optimized as well. I mean it runs well but not perfect, oh well, still a great game that's fun to play and benchmark.

I would like to try Arkham Knight on PC at some point.

All he fucking does is scream about gg and block people, he's ridiculously childish on it for such a great writer. I find it very hard to watch speed 3 any more thanks to how he's presented himself online EDIT: I didn't get across that, that last comment was a joke, Speed 3 is great and is easily my favourite episode of father ted

Speed 3 is the beeeeest

I just dropped a sandwich on the floor but I was so looking forward to it that I picked up the parts and reassembled them :S
Dropping food is legitimately one of the saddest things. The whiplash from looking forward to something to not only not being able to enjoy it, but having to clean it up too? Makes me tear up just thinking about it

This is me most of the time unless there's clearly loose dust/dirt on the ground. If I can't taste it I don't care!

btw try sleeping on your back more, can't squish bodyparts that way. I also like the fetal position style

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom