• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
So you won an election to have to do extra work for nothing.

Adventure%20Time%20-%20Finn%20Giving%20Thumbs%20Up.gif

Unless I am misunderstanding what being a student union rep is.

Algebraic

I got second place in a race of 4 for promising a school wide capture the flag game , that was it , we did it two years ago and I wanted to do it again
We never did it again

Democracies never work ;P

my hopes and dreams have been crushed. but I'm looking at some other positios rn... for example community managing for mystery company in france:

My client is a Video Game publisher who has been established over 30 years, headquartered in Lille, France with offices across Europe, Hong Kong and the U.S.

any idea who that would be?

Thought Ubisoft primarily operated out of Montreal. Might just be the AC Division.

ughhh...this jobs sounds kinda neat but I can't force myself to like AC ;_;

Sega is also on my list now... kinda surprised to see them offering jobs to young people like me. what have they even been up to in the last years? :O

zeemumu

I'm supposed to be applying for an internship with Blizzard soon. I'm already prepping for rejection but there's hope in there somewhere.

I could also try getting a job in QA for some company and move on from there if I want to go the video game route.

ughhh...this jobs sounds kinda neat but I can't force myself to like AC ;_;

Sega is also on my list now... kinda surprised to see them offering jobs to young people like me. what have they even been up to in the last years? :O

Nah I meant I thought the AC Division was Montreal.

Mostly Sonic. Mania and not-Generations 2 look promising.

But if you get a job for Sega, can you do something for me? Talk to someone about porting Jet Set Radio Future.

I'm supposed to be applying for an internship with Blizzard soon. I'm already prepping for rejection but there's hope in there somewhere.

I could also try getting a job in QA for some company and move on from there if I want to go the video game route.

Nah I meant I thought the AC Division was Montreal.

Mostly Sonic. Mania and not-Generations 2 look promising.

But if you get a job for Sega, can you do something for me? Talk to someone about porting Jet Set Radio Future.

that's what I'm doing too now. looking at some game tester/translator jobs rn. not exactly what I imagined but what can you do...

oh I see! gotta find out what they handle in france then.

ok, noted!

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Had to take the kiddo to the doctor this morning, she got contact dermatitis from Jiu Jitsu:(

Could be worse, I've gotten Mrsa rolling before

hm apparently Ubisoft doesn't have an office in Lille after all?! wtf, what other old game dev with studios all around the globe is happening in france??

Jobbs

Banned
got an official rejection from both jobs I applied to now :((((

Ahh :'((( These things happen. I know how discouraging it can be but you can't give up. Sometimes it takes some rejections to get your foot in the door.

hm apparently Ubisoft doesn't have an office in Lille after all?! wtf, what other old game dev with studios all around the globe is happening in france??

I can't seem to find anything noteworthy in terms of game studios headquartered in Lille France. I wonder if it's something a bit different from what we think? Like a Mobile dev or something

Had to take the kiddo to the doctor this morning, she got contact dermatitis from Jiu Jitsu:(

poor thing. :(

Ahh :'((( These things happen. I know how discouraging it can be but you can't give up. Sometimes it takes some rejections to get your foot in the door.

I can't seem to find anything noteworthy in terms of game studios headquartered in Lille France. I wonder if it's something a bit different from what we think? Like a Mobile dev or something

but over 30 years old?! D:

Jobbs

Banned
but over 30 years old?! D:

Yeah I can't figure it out. It must not be a regular video game company or else I'm missing something big.

Sega's mostly been busy with making terrible games. The one exception is Alien Isolation, but they don't seem to be making a followup.

Yeah I can't figure it out. It must not be a regular video game company or else I'm missing something big.

Sega's mostly been busy with making terrible games. The one exception is Alien Isolation, but they don't seem to be making a followup.

this bugs me so much. I've been doing detective work for the last 30 minutes and I found nothing. I don't wanna apply to a company I don't know D:

edit: I think I found it! Bigben Interactive... never heard of it :O

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I can't find a job either. Most of them don't even reply. I only got a rejection from one place.

MutFox

Banned
Finding a job is damn hard.

All of them seem to require experience,
so really, just getting any experience in the field at whatever company helps.

Misha

Banned
we're in this together now! we can do it!

true, experience seems like the biggest issue
Most places like to tack on "3 years minimum industry experience" I find. Supposedly they'll still look at people without those qualifications but Idk. Just gotta find a smaller job first to hit that checkbox. You don't usually get the dream job right off the bat

Most places like to tack on "3 years minimum industry experience" I find. Supposedly they'll still look at people without those qualifications but Idk. Just gotta find a smaller job first to hit that checkbox. You don't usually get the dream job right off the bat

yup! I lowered it down to game tester, which still seems fun enough.

Misha

Banned
yup! I lowered it down to game tester, which still seems fun enough.
I meant smaller company more than different job. Not entirely sure how it would work for you but some jobs want you to already essentially be trained in that work and that's part of the point of requiring experience

Tester definitely seems interesting though.

I meant smaller company more than different job. Not entirely sure how it would work for you but some jobs want you to already essentially be trained in that work and that's part of the point of requiring experience

Tester definitely seems interesting though.
hm I was looking through all kinds of companies, the one I applied to (not GOG) wasn't really that big. but I get your point

Accept what the universe is telling you
and what is that?

Misha

Banned
hm I was looking through all kinds of companies, the one I applied to (not GOG) wasn't really that big. but I get your point

and what is that?
Games related companies are definitely hard cause there aren't a lot of them. There's only one that's remotely notable in Pittsburgh and it's a company that makes edutainment iPad games

Another recommendation is not to rule out jobs that you would do over the Internet. There's more than you'd think and it opens you up to a lot more areas

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I need a job where someone pays me to play old Sega CD FMV games and PC ENGINE jrpgs.

Maybe I should become a boob streamer, lol.

well it's still a job, that's out of the question. but if it's about something I care about it's still different than clicking through my current employer's player site to discover errors all day. plus it would also be proof reading and translations.

Oh yeah, it might be more fun than testing websites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom