• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobbs

Banned
I have no real argument with the PS4 interface. It works fast and seems logical enough to me.

A bit ago I was waking up from my nap and I heard the girls talking downstairs. I wasn't paying much attention and started to fall back asleep and then I heard my name a couple times. I tried to make out what they were saying but I couldn't.

Now I'm trying to install a game on XB1 and it's more painful than aids. It's coming off a disc, why does it need to take forever?

I have no real argument with the PS4 interface. It works fast and seems logical enough to me.

A bit ago I was waking up from my nap and I heard the girls talking downstairs. I wasn't paying much attention and started to fall back asleep and then I heard my name a couple times. I tried to make out what they were saying but I couldn't.

Now I'm trying to install a game on XB1 and it's more painful than aids. It's coming off a disc, why does it need to take forever?

were they talking to you or about you? I talk about my roommates behind their backs all the time :)

the install takes forever because it's loading it off a disc with a horrible read speed and saving it to your hard drive which isn't going to be great, but probably ten to twenty times better than the disc read speed.

Jobbs

Banned
were they talking to you or about you? I talk about my roommates behind their backs all the time :)

the install takes forever because it's loading it off a disc with a horrible read speed and saving it to your hard drive which isn't going to be great, but probably ten to twenty times better than the disc read speed.

Oh they were in their own conversation. I couldn't make everything out but I definitely heard my name. I hope it's good stuff haha.

Lately I've been napping a bit-- undoubtedly because my dedicated sleep has been truncated. I can't decide which system I like better but the naps are fun.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
tofu katsu curry to numb the pain of managing a 50 client caseload today all by myself fuuuuuuuuuuck

what cha'll eatin'
Yogurt with some raisins in it. #hobolife

Misha

Banned
Finished mass effect 2 and started 3. Whose brilliant idea was to assign sprinting, climbing ladders, climbing cover, entering cover, dodge rolling, and generic action command all to the same button? I guess it was somewhat like that in 2 but now I'm just repeatedly rolling into security consoles

Fluvian

Banned

They were probably talking mad shit, the only course of action is an uncomfortable confrontation about what they were saying, make sure to wave your arms around and say "what bra?!" a lot

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I liked the PS3 menu. I don't mind the PS4 menu. All of them are fairly shitty in the grand scheme of things. Wii's menu is one of my favourites, mayble Wii U, because pointing/clicking on shit directly >>>>>>> control pad flicking. Where there's no PS4 menu emulating mouse-like interaction via the touch pad is beyond me.

N64 was fucking fantastic. It serves an importance piece in the puzzle that is my love for this medium, exposing me to a multitude of experiences I hadn't had before, while being home to some of my most beloved gaming memories. It's irrespective of Nintendo-gonna-Nintendo, third party support, and all that junk. Reality is I poured countless hours into N64 games that left me with overwhelmingly positive memories. Hundreds of hours into Perfect Dark multiplayer alone justify the system in my eyes, but everything else from the classics and the experiences they provided, right to the quirky oddball stuff that wasn't very good but still seemed totally original (see: Body Harvest); all of this just made for one hell of a memorable piece of gaming history. Rare's output alone was all I really needed.

Fuck gossiping housemates in earshot. Everybody talks about everyone else, even if it's nice. That doesn't matter. But behind-the-back chitchat in earshot just feels gross. I've been on the receiving end of that with houesmates twice, and in both cases I was woken up as the subjects involved discussed me loudly only a few meters away from my door. The first time I was only 19 and living with one of my oldest friends I'd known since I was like....6, who proceeded to get unbearably fucking wasted and tell our cunt of a housemate (who we'd later throw out) a whole bunch of incredibly personal shit he knew about me for reasons that still escape me. That was my first experience living out of home and I value those two years for the learning experience they gave in learning that your "old friends" can be baggage that don't shape your future (I came from a relatively small town where everyone-knows-everyone), and the troubles of shared housing. The second was maybe 5 years ago when my awesome (then and still) housemate convinced her long term partner (now broken up, after 7 years) to move in with us, and I within like....two weeks he was having a bitch about me, the most trivial thing (and a misreading of my intentions on his behalf, easily resolved by just talking), to said awesome housemeate/his partner. He woke me up with his ranting, and I could hear clearly his bullshit alongside her "Uhh, yeah, I don't have a problem?". Fuck that shit.

Anyway, today my colleague had to take the day off (for fair reasons), and due to staff shortages I had the site to myself. I saw 25 clients which is ridiculous and I'm so fucking tired. Beer is chilling to the numb the pain of living.

I had a homemade loaded baked potato for dinner, and a red delicious apple for dessert!

Strawberry and banana yogurt.

Yogurt with some raisins in it. #hobolife

All of this sounds wonderful. I'm heating up a pile of chips because I have no energy to cook or go anywhere.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Oh wow.

I will not stand idle while the Duke is being slandered.

The greatest controller of its time, and I don't even have large hands.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
xbox+duke+controller+ps2+slim.jpg

Goatest.

The D-pad was shit and the buttons had a weird, almost rubbery texture to them, but it was so damn good for games that required both sticks like Gunvalkyrie, which had the most violently absurd controls of that gen. And Halo. Halo was god tier with the duke, and I'm a K&M kind of dude.

FUME5

Funky, I have reasonably sized man hands so that was never the issue, but there is no way that was the best controller in its day.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
xbox+duke+controller+ps2+slim.jpg

Goatest.

The D-pad was shit and the buttons had a weird, almost rubbery texture to them, but it was so damn good for games that required both sticks like Gunvalkyrie, which had the most violently absurd controls of that gen. And Halo. Halo was god tier with the duke, and I'm a K&M kind of dude.
gross

grossjesdr9xubf.gif

If this violates TOS, just erase the gif.

The DS4 is cheap feeling and the X1 controller is alright. I'm using the DS3 until I can actually spend on an X1 controller. The 360 and og xbox ones are gross.

Jobbs

Banned
N64 controller was like the console: Really bad, but a necessary stepping stone. In the case of the controller it was innovative in its day and the progenitor of modern controllers as we know them.

I find the 360/XB1 controllers to be excellent, but my overall favorite is the dual shock 4. It's comfortable, has the best layout for my taste, and the best dpad. I also like the slight quirkiness with the touch pad and colorful lightbars.

Fuck gossiping housemates in earshot.

Your experiences sound shitty, but in my case I'm not worried. My GF and my room mate both like me so I'm pretty sure they were just comparing "Matt is awesome" notes or something along those lines

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I give Sony cred for having a dpad that doesn't suck at all. Nintendo's are not bad, I guess. It's just that most of their games are not very fit for them.

With that said, as far as sticks and fighters are concerned, nothing beats a few IL Mag/Eurosticks. Eff that kiddie gamepad bizznezz up to Mars. I don't even think Sanwa or Seimitsu are better unless you play Japanese style. Give me that hefty thickness. I want all of it.

c78a6HS.jpg

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Yeah, but how are you going to play any fps / tps with those?

EDIT

I see your edit.

Trufact: I beasted the Saturn version of Doom (!) on a modded arcade cabinet using nothing but a stick. Granted, that was classic Doom and vertical aim was automatic, but still. I even liked it! Panzer Dragoon was also shockingly playable.

FUME5

Trufact: I beasted the Saturn version of Doom (!) on a modded arcade cabinet using nothing but a stick. Granted, that was classic Doom and vertical aim was automatic, but still. I even liked it! Panzer Dragoon was also shockingly playable.

I retract my earlier statement.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Allens-Red-Frogs-1.3kg-300x300.jpg

Do you Americans have frogs alive candy in your country or are your lives just empty husks filled with reptitiveness and pain and haemerroids and episodes of Quantico.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
red frogs are love red frogs are life

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Charlie and the Chocolate factory wasn't an American film, kapeesh.

Is Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid worth watching i've never seen it.
Or Rocky.

EatChildren

You guys really want to challenge America in the battle of sugary gelatins?

Isn't this America personified? Excess at the cost of quality?

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Personally the Wii U Pro controller is my favorite. That battery life. Second is XBone. PS4 loses points for me for having a shit battery life, and being made out of really low quality components

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Does it have a worse battery life than the PS3's? Because that one really sucked.

I'll take rechargeable AA batteries any day of the week.

FUME5

Charlie and the Chocolate factory wasn't an American film, kapeesh.

Is Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid worth watching i've never seen it.
Or Rocky.

Both of them are products of their time. I suggest you get drunk, watch Rocky and then shadowbox yourself to sleep.

Isn't this America personified? Excess at the cost of quality?
https://www.amazon.com/Haribo-Gummi-Candy-Gold-Bears-5-Pound/product-reviews/B000EVOSE4?pageNumber=2

Personally the Wii U Pro controller is my favorite. That battery life. Second is XBone. PS4 loses points for me for having a shit battery life, and being made out of really low quality components

It feels a little too 'plasticky' for me, but that battery life is incredible.

EatChildren

The Wii U Pro controller is so good. I remain eternally bewildered at folk singing praise for the Dual Shock series. I quite like the PS4 build, but the PS3 in particular is the worst fucking quality. There's nothing remotely ergonomic about the build, and I had two break on me from just general use (and the PS3 was never my go-to console anyway, since I was primarily on PC).

I need this.

Fluvian

Banned
I was just elected my classes student union rep, I went up and promised to be as corrupt as possible and they all cheered. I love this college.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom