• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Holy shit, I'm so exhausted rn. Sitting on a train back to Boston.

New York was unreal. We went to a concert on Thursday and then I was able to work from our NY office on Friday and get to know all my coworkers there. Then today we just walked all over lower Manhattan since the rain that was predicted never came. I think we walked around 15 miles. Such a great experience.

Honestly felt like there was an emotional cloud over the whole experience though. Coworker I was staying with an I have this attraction that was building since shortly after I started. Last weekend though we got drunk and ended up making out, and I think it kind of broke whatever was there before and made it too real or something. I dunno, heads all fucked up in multiple directions.

edit: fucking hell, top of the page again with my nonsense

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

New York was unreal. We went to a concert on Thursday and then I was able to work from our NY office on Friday and get to know all my coworkers there. Then today we just walked all over lower Manhattan since the rain that was predicted never came. I think we walked around 15 miles. Such a great experience.

Honestly felt like there was an emotional cloud over the whole experience though. Coworker I was staying with an I have this attraction that was building since shortly after I started. Last weekend though we got drunk and ended up making out, and I think it kind of broke whatever was there before and made it too real or something. I dunno, heads all fucked up in multiple directions.

Middle of the page on 100ppp
invoker-laugh.gif

that face when you realize you're not an artist because you only have half the equation :O

aww, that sounds like such a good time! I'm glad you got to do that :)

It's pretty difficult for me to stay productive without a definite list of tasks. I'll go ahead and make a list of stuff to finish for tomorrow.

Also it seems like I'm out of console games to play for the time being. I could finish KH Re: CoM but I already finished the original GBA version and that game feels significantly harder on the PS3. The limitations of the GBA made it easy to manage everything. Didn't have to worry about 3D space and camera management because the camera usually encompassed most if not all of the fight arena, and the GBA version felt slower so I had more time to manage my cards. The PS3 one runs at the same pace as a regular Kingdom Hearts game so the cards feel like an unnecessary hindrance instead of an extra gimmick. I could get through most of the game by pre-organizing my deck but that shit don't fly on the last boss...literally...because the last boss can fly and most of my best moves don't hit flying opponents.

How's everyone else doing?

yeah, I feel pretty strongly that if I didn't use a to-do list then I'd be meandering aimlessly most days. I like knowing what needs to get done and what options I have for moving forward, so I frequently update the list with items as they come to me. It also clears your mind having something else remember stuff for you, so you're not wasting energy on that yourself

today's been pretty chill. We've just been in playing games and working on stuff all day, which is nice.

Misha

Banned
I wonder how much self perception affects how people use a character creator(when trying to create themselves). I'd imagine people would exaggerate certain characteristics about themselves

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
When I create characters, I create characters. I don't really get the self insertion thing. Barring the fact I always play as women

FloatOn

I wonder how much self perception affects how people use a character creator(when trying to create themselves). I'd imagine people would exaggerate certain characteristics about themselves

When I played saints row 4 I made my guy look like luke skywalker. I forced myself to only use the laser sword and telekinesis. It made for a pretty fun time

Jobbs

Banned

I never have any interest in creating myself in video games. I've never understood that tendency in the least.

I always make female characters.

Misha

Banned
When I create characters, I create characters. I don't really get the self insertion thing. Barring the fact I always play as women

regardless of what you do, you are the one making the decisions and such. having your character reflect that makes sense.

I just use that as default unless I feel like the character creator can make something interesting or if the game's default is just really good (sheppard)

also its cool to just use it as a dress up simulator (half the time I spend more time in creation than I do playing the game)

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Female characters have smaller playermodels and are slightly harder to see around cover.

It's just science.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

I don't think I've ever created a character with intent of it representing myself in a digital environment, with the exception of maybe goofy SIMS stuff decades ago with friends. An overwhelming majority of the time I'll play as a chick, too. I guess it's because in almost all cases I don't see games as a vessel to transport myself specifically to virtual environments, but instead roleplay/embody another figure, which enforces a process of "creating" a character as opposed to a warped reflection of myself. While I am both the author and actor for this identity to varying degrees, I don't find much interest in value on said identity adopting my own appearance or characteristics. Even if there's a pattern in "standard" characteristics for my role playing (for example), I'll often play through RPGs multiple times with different identities as if I am authoring new characters.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Hey Jarrod,
Cold Chisel, Australian Crawl, Powderfinger, or Midnight Oil?

...shh that's too sensible

Ugh

It'll come up when it comes up. Until then I'm in no rush

yeah just don't worry about it. If it becomes an issue then you can deal with it at the time, but for now just assume everything's going to be fine :)

doggos is almost an anagram for "so good"

Like what? How do you think you exaggerate yourself?

Most character creators are too hard to use well, so I don't really try to make an accurate version of myself unless I want an exercise in frustration. Usually I'll just pick the closest template and change obvious easy things.

Misha

Banned
Like what? How do you think you exaggerate yourself?

Most character creators are too hard to use well, so I don't really try to make an accurate version of myself unless I want an exercise in frustration. Usually I'll just pick the closest template and change obvious easy things.

Its the same thing as if you try to draw yourself. You'll focus on the things you keep in mind whether good or bad.

Ugh 5am alarm is as awful as I thought it would be.

Cofffee and toothpaste stat

I try to avoid sticking my image in characters. Try to avoid playing white male humans as much as I can. Probably stick my personality in all of them if there are decisions to be made.

I'm watching Markiplier play Dead Space right now because it's October and I want to be a frighten. I'm part of the problem.

She is very nice and sweet and totally cute but she's wicked busy so idk if it's gonna go anywhere

Like she's told me before she's down to go out and wants to, but our schedules don't mesh so it's hard

Hmm. That's really hard. Is it likely to change any time soon? I don't think a relationship where you can't make time for the other person is ever going to go anywhere :(

Its the same thing as if you try to draw yourself. You'll focus on the things you keep in mind whether good or bad.

Would it kill you to be more specific? :p

I'm watching Markiplier play Dead Space right now because it's October and I want to be a frighten. I'm part of the problem.

Hmm. That's really hard. Is it likely to change any time soon? I don't think a relationship where you can't make time for the other person is ever going to go anywhere :(

Would it kill you to be more specific? :p

Thanksgiving break? Idk. We haven't talked about it. She goes to the U of A.

Fluvian

Banned
But the status quo! I like the status quo >_>

Nah, my parents like to know what's going on. I mean, they won't have any problems or anything and they don't pry excessively, and I know it comes from a good place of like...being interested in their son's life and making sure everything's good, but...yeah. I'm pretty sure everyone here knows how bad I am at dealing with emotions and shit, haha

A good old lie will take care of that problem

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Working out does wonders for my psyche. Smashed 15km on the bike, weights/situps/stretches, and felt overwhelming euphoria in the aftermath. Can do anything, be anyone, time my only enemy.

Now I've rested, eaten, and bottled beer the familiar melancholia has comfortably settled in leaving me garnished with anxiety, dread, and self loathing. I put down most of that to knowing when I wake up the long weekend will have concluded and the working week begins anew. Boo. I like not working.

Might see Anno's Godzilla on Thursday.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Should watch Train to Busan it is like excercise for your emotions.

Fluvian

Banned
I've got this movie I've been saving for Halloween but I might watch it tonight, the Ninth configuration.
It's written and directed by the guy who wrote the original Exorcist book and the movie sounds insane, basically the blurb is that this psychiatrist goes to an insane asylum and gives the inmates all the tools to live out their elaborate fantasies, theres a picture on the back of this guy being hung up on a cross like jesus while on the moon.
It's my friends favourite movie and I'm interested to watch it.

zeemumu

I wouldn't be able to handle all that scary. I've never even watched Evil Dead. I am going to stick with my non-scary, non-horror movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih4SzAK5wOM

Evil Dead is too campy to be pure horror.

Gremlins, Krampus, Dead Alive, and Trick r Treat also walk that line of horror-comedy.

I'm torn between watching legitimate horror films like The Exorcist and Dead Silence and silly stuff like Don't Look Under the Bed, Halloweentown, and Hocus Pocus.

y'all should watch Dead End and share your thoughts in that awesome Horror thread :>

I've seen this one quite a few times. The
mom rubbing the pleasure center of her brain
makes me cringe.

It's a great movie though. I appreciate the gradual buildup of shit hitting the fan.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I wish I hadn't watched the trailer, gives way too much away, good film though.

Yeah the Don't Breathe trailer was especially bad for that. Would have enjoyed it twice as much had I not seen the trailer.

Fluvian

Banned
God damn it, my local cinema is doing a Q&A with Louis Theroux alongside his new film and I thought I'd be able to get a ticket, it's been sold out for two months, oh well.

I dont seem to get any matches anymore :O concerning Bumble and Tinder.. it's weird because a few weeks back this hasn't been this way. are they all hibernating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom