• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...they can't all actually "fight". They are stuntman trained in visually impressive but ineffective martial arts.

in The Raid they were all trained in Silat. some are more pro than others though, for sure.

I just bought an Alice costume (from Madness Returns) so that I stand out from all the Harley Quinn costumes this Halloween. Anyone else have plans yet?

41QSKVNF0dL._SR38_.jpg

maybe Sailor Moon or Ripley...or just something vampire-/witch-esque. really depends if I'm going to do anything tho -.--

I could do Steven from Steven Universe I suppose but otherwise I got no real plans.

Well hopefully you'll be in Florida by then, right? What better way to make some new friends? :)

maybe Sailor Moon or Ripley...or just something vampire-/witch-esque. really depends if I'm going to do anything tho -.--

I've done witchy a couple times. Last year I ended up going as an angel haha. A few years ago I went as a red M&M (along with one of my friends who was the green M&M). Halloween is just the best

Well hopefully you'll be in Florida by then, right? What better way to make some new friends? :)

I've done witchy a couple times. Last year I ended up going as an angel haha. A few years ago I went as a red M&M (along with one of my friends who was the green M&M). Halloween is just the best
it really is :3
I'd gladly dress up as Robocop if I had a movie quality Robocop costume.

Neogaf is gross.
ewww
Ehhh, I'd prefer Mercury. She's got the hair for it.
I was talking about stuff I wanted to dress up as ;D

Sailor Venus though :3 😍
Bummer I couldn't make it to dragoncon or dragacon or whatever it's called, a girl I know and her friends all dressed up as each sailor moon character, they needed a tuxedo mask the god

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I celebrated Halloween for the first time last year. I scared the shit out of those kids and the woman walking them around. I am defintely doing that again.

FloatOn

One year I went as Mario because I couldn't find a Luigi costume. Being Luigi would have been more appropriate since I'm tall and thin. I stuffed pillows in my costume to give the appearance of fatness. The unfortunate thing was that I had to shave my beard and also the costume was too short so I ended up giving myself the male equivalent of camel toe. My friends called it "moose knuckle".

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Wrapped up INSIDE. Coming off lukewarm Limbo, goddamn this was good shit.

Fluvian

Banned
I refuse to see that miss peregrine movie due those extremely idiotic comments Tim Burton has made recently.

The only thing I saw him say was "the film didn't call for diversity" that's dumb but it can't be all he said right? that can't be enough to cause this much anger and outrage from people.
Seriously theres so many easy excuses to the diversity question, the first would be that the perfect actors for the roles just happened to be white people and theres nothing more to it than that, the second would be something like "I'm sticking to the original descriptions of the characters from the book" yet they always go for these weird antiquated answers that get them shit.
The film stinks anyway.

FloatOn

The only thing I saw him say was "the film didn't call for diversity" that's dumb but it can't be all he said right? that can't be enough to cause this much anger and outrage from people.
Seriously theres so many easy excuses to the diversity question, the first would be that the perfect actors for the roles just happened to be white people and theres nothing more to it than that, the second would be something like "I'm sticking to the original descriptions of the characters from the book" yet they always go for these weird antiquated answers that get them shit.
The film stinks anyway.

This is what he actually said

"things either call for things, or they don’t. I remember back when I was a child watching The Brady Bunch and they started to get all politically correct. Like, OK, let’s have an Asian child and a black. I used to get more offended by that than just... I grew up watching blaxploitation movies, right? And I said, that’s great. I didn’t go like, OK, there should be more white people in these movies."

Pretty appalling. He only had a few entertaining films anyway most of his shit is gimmicky trash for kids to buy at hot topic.

Fluvian

Banned
This is what he actually said

"things either call for things, or they don’t. I remember back when I was a child watching The Brady Bunch and they started to get all politically correct. Like, OK, let’s have an Asian child and a black. I used to get more offended by that than just... I grew up watching blaxploitation movies, right? And I said, that’s great. I didn’t go like, OK, there should be more white people in these movies."

Pretty appalling. He only had a few entertaining films anyway most of his shit is gimmicky trash for kids to buy at hot topic.

I see what he's trying to say and he's saying it super poorly, what he's trying to say is just forcing minority characters in for the sake of meeting some diversity quota annoys him, the movie is set in Wales in like WW2 anyway, like did people really expect that much diversity? I've been to wales many times and the only time I saw anything but white people was in the larger cities like Swansea, it's a very white country.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I only watched the first season of PD.

Eva Green showed her breasts. It wasn't hot.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Last time I dressed up was when I was 21. I went trick or treating as a ninja with my roommate (who was dressed as Leonidas)

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

Misha

Banned
I see what he's trying to say and he's saying it super poorly, what he's trying to say is just forcing minority characters in for the sake of meeting some diversity quota annoys him, the movie is set in Wales in like WW2 anyway, like did people really expect that much diversity? I've been to wales many times and the only time I saw anything but white people was in the larger cities like Swansea, it's a very white country.

From my understanding he took minority characters from the book and made them white

But I'm pretty sure magic didn't exist in ww2 Wales either

Either way what he said is just an excuse for shoehorning in white people.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Halloween costume parties are rare around here.

Mostly due to the tradition of so called "pust", which happens every February, usually 40 days before the Easter. This is very old celebration, going back to pagan times, when they celebrated the end of winter and coming of spring season.

So instead on the Halloween, people get dressed on that day and there are carnivals and parties.

Fluvian

Banned
From my understanding he took minority characters from the book and made them white

But I'm pretty sure magic didn't exist in ww2 Wales either

Either way what he said is just an excuse for shoehorning in white people.

So there were minority characters in the book? okay then it's different....I'll have you know Wales is quite a magical country.

Misha

Banned
So there were minority characters in the book? okay then it's different....I'll have you know Wales is quite a magical country.

That's what I read but I could have read it wrong

But its still a really dumb excuse. Minorities by definition are unlikely to be somewhere if including someone who is unlikely to be around is pandering or whatever then you'll never see minority characters unless the plot calls for it. Individuals simply don't have to match statistics cause that's not how statistics work.

SolVanderlyn

Evening folks. Finished a job interview, a 6 mile run, and some errands. Now it's time to sit back and enjoy the weekend. What is everyone up to this Saturday night?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom