• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobbs

Banned
me:

tumblr_nztgu4C4jU1qcfe1to1_500.jpg

not getting up today

Jobbs

Banned
I bought two copies of breach and clear for $25 each back when it came out -- Not because I care what B&C is, but because my friend told me to -- and now they're worth $200 each and I feel like I just won the lottery :O

yeah my family is having this bbq today and I kinda have to be there too. I'm such a recluse x_x

they better not try to set you up with any lame guys >:| I don't want to have to get out of bed

I bought two copies of breach and clear for $25 each back when it came out -- Not because I care what B&C is, but because my friend told me to -- and now they're worth $200 each and I feel like I just won the lottery :O

they better not try to set you up with any lame guys >:| I don't want to have to get out of bed

I didn't wanna get out either :((( but I had to :(((((

I wanna watch ghibli on my own

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
1464437567359s9swk.jpg

today my diet has consisted of
- smashed avocado with olives and poached eggs for breakfast
- huge tub of chocolate mousse
- pile of hot chips
- two curry egg sandwiches

and now im ordering pizza and wondering what im doing with my life

yeah my family is having this bbq today and I kinda have to be there too. I'm such a recluse x_x

Ah I see, can't you make an appearance and greet the family then have an excuse like "I got called into work to help with inventory sorry to leave, nice seeing you"
I used that last bbq at my home and might tomorrow but might be risky

I think the world is ready for body doubles, let those doubs handle that stuff

Jobbs

Banned
There's a frog in the house. lmao

I don't even know how this happens. But I'll take a frog over a mosquito.

Growing up in the country we didn't have (at least in my younger years) access to city water lines, so we had a cistern outside placed under a patio. The patio had an access port in the middle that was always covered by a big board and we were forbidden from ever opening it. It was verboten.. One of the most strict rules I can remember from my early childhood -- And it's easy to understand why. A kid falling in there would have been fucked.

I remember one day some maintenance or something was being done on the patio -- And my uncles were there and everyone was helping -- And it was the first time I ever really got a good look inside the cistern.

FULL OF FROGS.

Not just regular frogs. Freaky deformed frogs. Frogs with translucent skin and oddly shaped body parts. Mutant frogs.

It stuck with me.

Growing up in the country we didn't have (at least in my younger years) access to city water lines, so we had a cistern outside placed under a patio. The patio had an access port in the middle that was always covered by a big board and we were forbidden from ever opening it. It was verboten.. One of the most strict rules I can remember from my early childhood -- And it's easy to understand why. A kid falling in there would have been fucked.

I remember one day some maintenance or something was being done on the patio -- And my uncles were there and everyone was helping -- And it was the first time I ever really got a good look inside the cistern.

FULL OF FROGS.

Not just regular frogs. Freaky deformed frogs. Frogs with translucent skin and oddly shaped body parts. Mutant frogs.

It stuck with me.

the water you've been using was radioactive.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
hmm maybe. I don't really feel like getting drunk tho

Extended family meetings/celebrations are unbearable for me, too much boasting from certain 'successful' relatives and lots of questions (Did you found another job / Why are you alone / Do aliens exist etc..). And because of that, I always drink too much

Extended family meetings/celebrations are unbearable for me, too much boasting from certain 'successful' relatives and lots of questions (Did you found another job / Why are you alone / Do aliens exist etc..). And because of that, I always drink too much

oh yes the questions!! ;(
whatareyoudoing haveyoufinishedyourstudies whataboutwork lskejfwpeofkwefp

Xiao Hu

You have already told us that. Getting old, huh grandpa?

Jobbs

Banned
You have already told us that. Getting old, huh grandpa?

yes but I was also half asleep when I wrote that. I'm still in bed btw :D

that would actually be a pretty cool conversation. unlike all the stupid smalltalk

I should just start asking new people about Studio Ghibli. Seems like a really quick way to determine if they're cool.

Like, maybe they don't know much about it and are still cool, but if they ARE Ghibli fans then they're almost certainly cool

Related news, my company threw out like 400 ppl, some of my close friends are affected and I just could save one by quitting myself. Fuck all this, I used to be so happy there.

Last week, I was given a ultimatum by boss to shape up or ship out in two weeks.

In essence, as a morning janitor at a bar and grill in two weeks, I had to figure out why my boss was not pleased with my performance and improve upon my performance in two weeks or get fired.

At first, I may have been up for it. But then I realized if I gave her same performance as I usually do, my ass is canned in two weeks. So I said fuck it, I'am picking up my pay check and leaving for good.

So I came into work, did my job, picked up my paycheck and told my awesome coworker i'am quitting and left there.

I don't have much in terms of ego or pride, but whatever the circumstances of the day, I came into work and worked my ass off making sure that bar and grill looked relatively clean. But apparently my best efforts were not satisfying my bosses.
If I had put my two week's notice, I would've still busted my ass for both my boss knowing full well they're not happy.
If I had to have been in the same building as the boss's wife and she had complained about work, I would have yelling match with her and quitting on the spot.

I did the most rational thing in this situation, I quit on payday.

That was yesterday.

Now I can relax and unwind now

yes but I was also half asleep when I wrote that. I'm still in bed btw :D

I should just start asking new people about Studio Ghibli. Seems like a really quick way to determine if they're cool.

Like, maybe they don't know much about it and are still cool, but if they ARE Ghibli fans then they're almost certainly cool
MG liked Ghibli ;_;

DrM

Redmond's Baby
oh yes the questions!! ;(
whatareyoudoing haveyoufinishedyourstudies whataboutwork lskejfwpeofkwefp

The worst thing for sure. Boasting comes right after it. But at that time I usually hang around with some same minded relatives...

Nomadic Sparks, you did it perfectly. I cannot do it like that, because I have so called 'contract termination' clause in the contract, which forces me to stay at work for additional 45 working days. Stupid laws in this stupid country.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
my pizza arrived
with wedges

existing is greasy suffering

zeemumu

The worst thing for sure. Boasting comes right after it. But at that time I usually hang around with some same minded relatives...

Nomadic Sparks, you did it perfectly. I cannot do it like that, because I have so called 'contract termination' clause in the contract, which forces me to stay at work for additional 45 working days. Stupid laws in this stupid country.

If it's something genuinely good like they graduated or they got a job or had a kid then I'm happy for them, but if it's something mundane like "I took a vacation to the alps with supermodels" then I start to lose interest. Those types of stories always sound like they're trying to hard to sound interesting.

Fluvian

Banned
1464437567359s9swk.jpg

today my diet has consisted of
- smashed avocado with olives and poached eggs for breakfast
- huge tub of chocolate mousse
- pile of hot chips
- two curry egg sandwiches

and now im ordering pizza and wondering what im doing with my life

Today is my cheat day and I have literally no money to buy the food I want :C I just want some fucking meatballs!

EatChildren

You need to fill me in on delicious Melbourne foods. I'm gonna be there for a few nights next weekend and plan to eat as terribly as possible.

Your next trip to Melbourne is conveniently the one I'm not going to be in the city. Again.

If you're around outside of the weekend we can do grub somewhere.

Today is my cheat day and I have literally no money to buy the food I want :C I just want some fucking meatballs!

I have a fridge full of food and live alone. If I could I'd mail you some.

Fluvian

Banned
Your next trip to Melbourne is conveniently the one I'm not going to be in the city. Again.

If you're around outside of the weekend we can do grub somewhere.

I have a fridge full of food and live alone. If I could I'd mail you some.

don't worry i'm going to you, try and stop me and I'll eat you too.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Summer is ending, there is 16 km traffic jam before border tunnel to Austria. Looks like German/Dutch/Danish/Belgian/etc. tourists will spend some more hours in transit.

Fluvian

Banned
So i re-watched Enemy even though I only watched it last night, still a fucking great movie and that final scene still scarred me, i feel like I need to know why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom