• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
My knees are a hurtin'

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I hear you. You are emotionally raw right now. You feel like the world is against you and that there is no hope.

But eventually you will find a way to make it work. There will be something that gives you satisfaction.

I am pulling for you to find that satisfaction within yourself and not look to others for happiness. Having great people in your life romantic or otherwise isn't guaranteed so the only person you can depend on is yourself. So do what makes you happy and if someone else comes along great and if not that's fine too.

It gets lonely. But you are a great person and if you continue with your goals and don't sink into self-destruction people will be drawn to you.

A+ advice.

Niklas Süle

sule.jpg

I'd let him choke and beat me and leave me in a ditch.

Mods are discriminatory to non Aussies. It is known.

I don't think Fumes has one tho.

Do you agree that Nancy's story is meh and Lucas is shitty?

Nancy and her bullshit sux. I don't like the ~highschool drama~ one bit. Lucas is fine. So far anyway.

Eleven is already my fave ofc.

I know, I know. Just that level of thirst is still surprising.

Z5ji6o3.gif

Catches me off guard every time I visit this thread.

One day you will become immune.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Your next trip to Melbourne is conveniently the one I'm not going to be in the city. Again.

If you're around outside of the weekend we can do grub somewhere.

I have a fridge full of food and live alone. If I could I'd mail you some.
I'll be there September 23 weekend and October Halloween. Make sure you're around for one of them.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Also today is just the worst.

1 person got sent to hospital last night because he assaulted a staff member.

2 people were sick this morning.

And one of my carers had a heart attack so I spent several hours with him before he finally agreed to go to hospital. Then I cried my eyes out.

I need a fucking drink.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I almost posted a nude gif of mine on a thread thinking I was writing a PM. Im gonna call it a night before I actually do it. Gnight ya'll

Today's dumpling:

Coconut flakes, sweetened condensed milk and crushed up nice biscuits.

That Fattening: Oz Edition

And one of my carers had a heart attack so I spent several hours with him before he finally agreed to go to hospital. Then I cried my eyes out.

I need a fucking drink.

Don't worry. I'll drink for both of us.

I need a fucking drink.

Goddamn :(

We broke up and I don't know what to do

Fuck :(

Hope everyone's week starts getting better soon

Damn, and I was only feeling sad about my sister leaving. Was hoping to read some lighthearted lewdness in here, not find out that so many people are having sucky weekends. :(

Misha

Banned
Damn, and I was only feeling sad about my sister leaving. Was hoping to read some lighthearted lewdness in here, not find out that so many people are having sucky weekends. :(

for lighthearted I've been working on a game prototype. its kind of a combination between rhythm games and character action/3d fighting games. basically your character is more or less a fencer and your left stick controls the feet while the right stick controls the upper body/sword. You just hold your stick in a direction and on every beat the character moves accordingly. The endgoal is to create action that works similar to dancing and is smooth and pleasing to look at

so here's the basic 2d test I did:
http://i.imgur.com/GGfNO57.gif
(the yellow dot at the top is a indicator of the analog stick, its just cut off)

Right now it feels kinda QWOPy and i'm a bit concerned that it'll never quite get past that but I think with animation and some correction to get it smoother it won't be as awful

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
lucian :(

I am filled with smoky smuggled-in chorizo. halp. Also, kinda drunk. I made mojitos. Bizarre mix of cultures here, and no e.coli, I know, science mention. But e.coli is awesome. Not that O157:H7 strain. That can fuck off.

Also, I'm straight, but Brian Cox rox my sox.

for lighthearted I've been working on a game prototype. its kind of a combination between rhythm games and character action/3d fighting games. basically your character is more or less a fencer and your left stick controls the feet while the right stick controls the upper body/sword. You just hold your stick in a direction and on every beat the character moves accordingly. The endgoal is to create action that works similar to dancing and is smooth and pleasing to look at

so here's the basic 2d test I did:
http://i.imgur.com/GGfNO57.gif
(the yellow dot at the top is a indicator of the analog stick, its just cut off)

Right now it feels kinda QWOPy and i'm a bit concerned that it'll never quite get past that but I think with animation and some correction to get it smoother it won't be as awful

I'm curious if you have any dancing background. There's a rigidity here that's explicitly not dance-like. It feels closer to Necrodancer in that regards which, even though it has dance in the title, is super robotic and not dance-y.

The type of dancing that swordfighting gets compared to isn't really about hitting all of the beats, it's about tracing an arc through the music. This feels more like line dancing at a hoedown.

But I'm biased because I can't stand anything QWOP-feeling and I rarely enjoy turn-based combat, so this feels a lot like that and I'm just not going to be the kind of person who appreciates it. If you're liking what you're making, please don't let me discourage you!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Speaking of dancing, man am I disappointed in Bound. I had dressed the game up in my head as something is wasn't; a continuum of music and dance based game systems interwoven with the rhythms and beats, the essence of bodily expression intertwined with music at the heart of the game. Instead the dance stuff, while gorgeously animated, is just an animated variant of what is otherwise bog-standard game design and functions.

I've only myself to blame, but man someone (me?) needs to make my idea reality. I want the Bound I made up in my head.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I'm writing about genetic experiments now. My novel went in a direction I didn't expect. It has a mind of its own!!!

Also my sister is visiting and we had oreo coffee ice cream cake to celebrate her b-day

Also, I'm straight, but Brian Cox rox my sox.

Which one, the one with the well endowed voice who happens to be Scotsman and actor, or the fabulous physics one? Whom I believe is like, English, so looking at Brexit, means he's a cunt. A fabulous cunt. Not to generalize into stereotypes like a racist or something.

They're both awesome

"What is the time", and pretty much any episode of BBC Horizon with the fabulous one, is a great demonstration of a seemingly simple concept of which we have absolutely fuck-all knowledge of how it actually works. We literally have no idea wtf time is. Lots of theories though. So that's my idea of a fun night out.
*sips wine while awkwardly looking away*

Also, I've been watching The Katering Show, which is fun.

Speaking of dancing, man am I disappointed in Bound. I had dressed the game up in my head as something is wasn't; a continuum of music and dance based game systems interwoven with the rhythms and beats, the essence of bodily expression intertwined with music at the heart of the game. Instead the dance stuff, while gorgeously animated, is just an animated variant of what is otherwise bog-standard game design and functions.

I've only myself to blame, but man someone (me?) needs to make my idea reality. I want the Bound I made up in my head.

Read Bound as Bond and was immensely confused for a hot second.

Also, I've been watching The Katering Show, which is fun.

Placenta episode is seriously top tier.

Also, the Cooks and the Kates episode. Finer satire of celebrity chefs I've not seen.

Misha

Banned
I'm curious if you have any dancing background. There's a rigidity here that's explicitly not dance-like. It feels closer to Necrodancer in that regards which, even though it has dance in the title, is super robotic and not dance-y.

The type of dancing that swordfighting gets compared to isn't really about hitting all of the beats, it's about tracing an arc through the music. This feels more like line dancing at a hoedown.

But I'm biased because I can't stand anything QWOP-feeling and I rarely enjoy turn-based combat, so this feels a lot like that and I'm just not going to be the kind of person who appreciates it. If you're liking what you're making, please don't let me discourage you!

A teeny bit of a dancing background but more of music background.

The rigidity isn't meant to stay. This is like 10% into prototyping. QWOP makes me feel sick and obviously it plays awfully :p
The main issue right now is that the visual only updates on each beat. It should have animation in between and the animation shouldn't be just straight point to point movement, its going to take into account the leg's range of motion and whether your feet are just crossing over vs turning and such.
I still plan on it essentially being turn based though but with the gaps filled, I'm hopefully wont feel like its turn based. If it still does then I'm going to give up on it since I have zero interest in that kind of thing

FloatOn

I decided to not go out.

Not that anybody cares.

I ended up getting wrapped up in upstream color and I still don't know what to think about it.

Sorry for the emotional duress Lili

Do all Australian members have tags?

It's total bullshit that I've been around for as long as I have and still haven't been tagged. I guess that means I'm not a snowflake

That was the impression I got from the outset. It was another "but what do you do?" game to me, except with far less hype. Still disappointed to hear this, but I'll probably check out a video at some point.

I decided to not go out.

Not that anybody cares.

I ended up getting wrapped up in upstream color and I still don't know what to think about it.

Sorry for the emotional duress Lili

It's fine. It feels super petty to complain about in light of much shittier stuff going on with other people. Plus she's only an hour away, so she's planning to visit pretty often. The house is completely empty right now because my other two roommates aren't here and nor is my girlfriend, so I'm just reheating a frozen pizza and doing some artwork research.

Why did you end up not going out? Whenever I'm deliberating on something like that, I always am glad I chose to go out in the end.

A teeny bit of a dancing background but more of music background.

The rigidity isn't meant to stay. This is like 10% into prototyping. QWOP makes me feel sick and obviously it plays awfully :p
The main issue right now is that the visual only updates on each beat. It should have animation in between and the animation shouldn't be just straight point to point movement, its going to take into account the leg's range of motion and whether your feet are just crossing over vs turning and such.
I still plan on it essentially being turn based though but with the gaps filled, I'm hopefully wont feel like its turn based. If it still does then I'm going to give up on it since I have zero interest in that kind of thing

Gotcha.

One of the things most important to me is a sense of compressing and expanding. Like you spring before you jump, you gather your steps before a big spin, you lunge to the side and then catch yourself, but these are all movements that are not beat-aligned. They give life to the motions, pep to your step. So that's why the turn-based feeling is putting me off, interpolated or no.

Most good action games give you proper control over timing. Are you going to do the quick attack or the slow attack? Are you going to waltz in or run in? Circle strafe or dodge roll? When everything takes the same amount of time, a lot of the rhythm is lost ironically.

The famous physicist.
Because. Look. You can't be this good looking.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQM-XxiFX6I

I FUCKING KNOW

*cries*

Though if we're talking "I'm straight, buuuut": Rafael in Jane the Virgin, that shirtless shot. Sorry Dr. Cox, we've entered the abs and the V
Everybody is, like, super attractive in that show though. Damn you CW for knowing exactly what we want!

FFVyQaO.gif

Picture irrelevant, of course.

Seriously, I would paid good money for just two hours of Baffleck working out and then punching Superman in the face with a fucking sink (ooh, and a toilet for good measure). Would have been a lot better than the actual BvS.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Someone knows my nerdgasm

I crush in girl who just blocked me from everything. It's hell. But I've gotten over it by being premed.

FloatOn

It's fine. It feels super petty to complain about in light of much shittier stuff going on with other people. Plus she's only an hour away, so she's planning to visit pretty often. The house is completely empty right now because my other two roommates aren't here and nor is my girlfriend, so I'm just reheating a frozen pizza and doing some artwork research.

Why did you end up not going out? Whenever I'm deliberating on something like that, I always am glad I chose to go out in the end.

It's not petty. It sucks when living arrangements change. are you looking to get more roommates soon?

I guess I decided to stay in because the frequency of me enjoying staying in vs not is more towards the latter. I could have taken the chance and gone out but my antisocial nature won this one. I feel like I would have been more inclined to go out if someone were to go with me.

SolVanderlyn

Boy I sure do love my internet disconnecting every three to five minutes and manually taking out the wireless adapter and replugging it to manually fix the problem over and over and over

EatChildren

The Katering Show is so so good. I adore the Body Shaming episode.

That was the impression I got from the outset. It was another "but what do you do?" game to me, except with far less hype. Still disappointed to hear this, but I'll probably check out a video at some point.

The dance is gorgeous, as is the soundtrack, but there's no synergy between the two. I think that's what gets me, because even if the design itself is fundamentally simple that simple concept should come naturally. Instead it's just a pretty simple, serviceable adventure/platformer that looks crazy pretty and abstract but underutilises its own concept.

Fuck it. Go for it.

They broke up for a reason after all.

Yeah well he's definitely the kind of person who wouldn't take it well. So. Yeah.

It happens. Probably ask him about it first to be polite, but unless he's going to be super weird about it and you're not going to be able to calm him down then I would go for it.

Probably the best advice. I'll see where things head in the near future.

Some fun stuff that I don't know how to quite process yet about the whole thing from this weekend.

It's not petty. It sucks when living arrangements change. are you looking to get more roommates soon?

I guess I decided to stay in because the frequency of me enjoying staying in vs not is more towards the latter. I could have taken the chance and gone out but my antisocial nature won this one. I feel like I would have been more inclined to go out if someone were to go with me.

Her dorm living won't be permanent, so I'm not planning to put someone else up in her room if that's what you're asking. She's going to want to stay here over holidays and summer I'm assuming. I want her to feel completely welcome to come back as often as she can.

That said, there's been an official opening in the house for a couple months now so I might try more aggressively to fill it now. Not like send out ads or anything, just try and find out if any of my friends' renting contracts are up soon and if they'd want to relocate.

And yeah, I pretty rarely go out alone. Sometimes I love it, but mostly I'd rather be at home if I need to be alone.

Boy I sure do love my internet disconnecting every three to five minutes and manually taking out the wireless adapter and replugging it to manually fix the problem over and over and over

That sounds like you need a new one, or need someone to come out and service it.

The dance is gorgeous, as is the soundtrack, but there's no synergy between the two. I think that's what gets me, because even if the design itself is fundamentally simple that simple concept should come naturally. Instead it's just a pretty simple, serviceable adventure/platformer that looks crazy pretty and abstract but underutilises its own concept.

That's interesting. If for nothing else, I'm sure it'll be a good study on what can go wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom