• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I'll catch up with y'all when I can binge watch like four seasons of it at once.

zeemumu

"You are so…beautiful."

"It’s only because I’m so in love."

"No. No, it’s because I’m so in love with sand."

"Then sand has blinded you?"

playing X-Com 2, I feel bored in a way. I can tell they took a lot of stuff from The Long War, but it feels too much like a marathon for me. I'm playing it, going through the motions, but I just don't really care anymore.

I think I'm actually done with games altogether. Except chess. Chess is life, of course.

Fluvian

Banned
playing X-Com 2, I feel bored in a way. I can tell they took a lot of stuff from The Long War, but it feels too much like a marathon for me. I'm playing it, going through the motions, but I just don't really care anymore.

I think I'm actually done with games altogether. Except chess. Chess is life, of course.

I feel like that about life sometimes.......Most of the time.

zeemumu

You turned sand against me!

The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Sand.

maxresdefault.jpg

?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I feel like that about life sometimes.......Most of the time.

Life isn't just what people tell you it is on the outside. Having a job and so on isn't what makes it worthwhile.

Case in point: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iw7u6_o-js

The inner life is where it's at. Or friends, if you have those (See Epicurus)

But I was referring very specifically to video games. I'm not tired of story or music, or even play in general. I'm not tired of life, I'm just tired of video games forcing one very specific "life is work" view on me, if you will. Marx would have found the idea of commodifying the idea of work into entertainment appalling, I'm sure. It's really effective propaganda of a 'work yourself to death' system. See AdVenture Capitalist.

FloatOn

Pros:

Get to listen to good electro
Get to potentially meet other politically inclined people
Maybe share a magical moment with a female
Get out of the god damn house
Build social confidence

Cons:

Meet no one
Music might suck
Have to leave the comfort of the house
Can't drink
Tomorrow could suck for not getting adequate sleep
Going solo = potentially awkward

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Does it get better

Yes, with time. Close friend somewhat recently went through the collapse of a seven year relationship, him ending it unexpected. To say her early days were rich with misery, despair, and heartbreak would be an understatement, but time and support settled in, soothed the wounds, and the future is brighter.

It's gonna be shit to begin with, but that's okay, because somethings things just are shit. It's okay to feel like shit because sometimes life is shit. Focus on yourself, the people who care for you, and those that what you to be happy and know you will be. A loss of one relationship is just one step closer to the one that's right for you.

Yeah. As cliche as it sounds time helps but more than that just doing good things for yourself helps the most.

Focus on your health & fitness, career & education etc

And just surround yourself with people who love you. Also getting a pet is extremely therapeutic

Yes, with time. Close friend somewhat recently went through the collapse of a seven year relationship, him ending it unexpected. To say her early days were rich with misery, despair, and heartbreak would be an understatement, but time and support settled in, soothed the wounds, and the future is brighter.

It's gonna be shit to begin with, but that's okay, because somethings things just are shit. It's okay to feel like shit because sometimes life is shit. Focus on yourself, the people who care for you, and those that what you to be happy and know you will be. A loss of one relationship is just one step closer to the one that's right for you.

I hardly have anyone here though. I have maybe two friends who actually give a shit. I get to see my family on Monday but my mom is being an absolute bitch about this whole thing and is like "well what did you do wrong" and so I told her to go fuck herself and hung up. I can't get a pet because I'm in the dorms. She was the one thing that made me consisently happy and now she's fucking gone.

She told me that she wants someone like me, but doesn't want me. I don't know what hurts more, that or the actual breakup.

SolVanderlyn

She told me that she wants someone like me, but doesn't want me.
I don't know why people say this. How in the world is this supposed to be any sort of band-aid to anyone's reasoning behind a breakup? It's like a sweep kick to the legs after a punch in the face.

And it gets better if you're willing to get over it. You need the willpower to do that. If you let it consume you, it will.

zeemumu

I hardly have anyone here though. I have maybe two friends who actually give a shit. I get to see my family on Monday but my mom is being an absolute bitch about this whole thing and is like "well what did you do wrong" and so I told her to go fuck herself and hung up. I can't get a pet because I'm in the dorms. She was the one thing that made me consisently happy and now she's fucking gone.

She told me that she wants someone like me, but doesn't want me. I don't know what hurts more, that or the actual breakup.

Hardest part is going on with daily tasks. You need time to refocus but everything around you is still moving at the same speed that it was before and it's stressful

FloatOn

I hear you. You are emotionally raw right now. You feel like the world is against you and that there is no hope.

But eventually you will find a way to make it work. There will be something that gives you satisfaction.

I am pulling for you to find that satisfaction within yourself and not look to others for happiness. Having great people in your life romantic or otherwise isn't guaranteed so the only person you can depend on is yourself. So do what makes you happy and if someone else comes along great and if not that's fine too.

It gets lonely. But you are a great person and if you continue with your goals and don't sink into self-destruction people will be drawn to you.

I hear you. You are emotionally raw right now. You feel like the world is against you and that there is no hope.

But eventually you will find a way to make it work. There will be something that gives you satisfaction.

I am pulling for you to find that satisfaction within yourself and not look to others for happiness. Having great people in your life romantic or otherwise isn't guaranteed so the only person you can depend on is yourself. So do what makes you happy and if someone else comes along great and if not that's fine too.

It gets lonely. But you are a great person and if you continue with your goals and don't sink into self-destruction people will be drawn to you.

^^^ He's right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom