• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 7: The Dark Thirst Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobbs

Banned
BTW Top Gun blows.

---

I wonder at what point and why spinning ridiculously in the air became a normal looking thing in video games. You can trace it back really far (Ninja Gaiden, Contra, TMNT, Mario 3, etc). I'm not sure if it started with Metroid or not.

eWfM9Lh.gif

It's utterly ridiculous but the character and several enemies do it in my game. Even the fucking four legged bugs can do it. It's so gloriously stupid

FUME5

BTW Top Gun blows.

---

I wonder at what point and why spinning ridiculously in the air became a normal looking thing in video games. You can trace it back really far (Ninja Gaiden, Contra, TMNT, Mario 3, etc). I'm not sure if it started with Metroid or not.

eWfM9Lh.gif

It's utterly ridiculous but the character and several enemies do it in my game. Even the fucking four legged bugs can do it. It's so gloriously stupid

You endorse twirling towards victory?

those dudes are annoyins!

Really I was just linking Sanic Spin 2006, so you can see what it's like from the perspective of the flip jumper, but yeah they're super obnoxious. That's why I watch them every day.

Lea, I know you haven't logged in for seven hours, but I finished the sky painting I was doing earlier. When I get it programmed and in the game, it's going to move around dynamically and change colors as appropriate to the time of day. The clouds will scroll, and the sun will set and be replaced by the moon (with appropriate phases) and stars.

I made a prototype last november so this may look familiar to anyone following my progress in the indie thread, but I felt like it was due an upgrade. Previous application test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs8euyciHJE (time of day sped up 20x)

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Almost killed a whole bunch of frogs with motorized trimmer today. Luckily for them I saw movement in the grass.

Believe me, it is not a pleasant scene when that happens. Minced meat and frog guts all over the place.

Jobbs

Banned
Lea, I know you haven't logged in for seven hours, but I finished the sky painting I was doing earlier. When I get it programmed and in the game, it's going to move around dynamically and change colors as appropriate to the time of day. The clouds will scroll, and the sun will set and be replaced by the moon (with appropriate phases) and stars.

yeah, I still think that's awesome, and I want to claim partial credit for encouraging you to do it in the first place

so intensely jealous!

I have a general infatuation with the sky and I love it when the sky is dynamically depicted in games

yeah, I still think that's awesome, and I want to claim partial credit for encouraging you to do it in the first place

so intensely jealous!

I have a general infatuation with the sky and I love it when the sky is dynamically depicted in games

I'm giving you partial credit. This painting is hanging up in the Tavern.

Oh god I have the worst cough

Hi how's everyone doing

I'm doing my best to pretend I didn't bawl my eyes out a couple hours ago. Watching Netflix and pouring myself into work and alcohol.

Trying not to mention that I have the quintessential pink cloud photo on my Instagram.

Too late. Post it!

Jobbs

Banned
the grapple hook move is another thing I'm jealous of

I wanted it in my game but could never get it quite right so I cut it

DrM

Redmond's Baby
We should really make a FakeGAF: The Game. That would be a state of the art game, every Faker would have a dedicated chapter, spanning over all possible genres, from dating sim, action-adventure, turn based strategy to puzzle game.

FUME5

We should really make a FakeGAF: The Game. That would be a state of the art game, every Faker would have a dedicated chapter, spanning over all possible genres, from dating sim, action-adventure, turn based strategy to puzzle game.

What?

Provide examples.

I like this idea. What would your chapter be like? Who else do you have in mind?

the grapple hook move is another thing I'm jealous of

I wanted it in my game but could never get it quite right so I cut it

I don't remember you telling me that before. That's too bad. Was it a programming problem or a design one, or both?

Also I just downed a full dose of ZzzQuil so there's a good chance I'm knocked out in five minutes.

Jobbs

Banned
I like this idea. What would your chapter be like? Who else do you have in mind?

I don't remember you telling me that before. That's too bad. Was it a programming problem or a design one, or both?

Also I just downed a full dose of ZzzQuil so there's a good chance I'm knocked out in five minutes.

Both. I had some prototypes but they were just too problematic.

I just couldn't get it up to standard. I wanted a big pink energy tether that would look fabulous and integrate smoothly with the gameplay. I'd rather cut the feature and save it for another game than do it half baked.

My concept of it was very detailed/nuanced

DrM

Redmond's Baby
What?

Provide examples.

Well, trab chapter would be a dating sim (and sidescrolling game with trab running away from inline skater guys). Several other Fakers could have the similar chapter though. Jobbs chapter would be a FPS version of his game :)P) or either something like Sims, about living with a nurse and micromanaging both lives to fullest , mine could be a puzzle game (how to trim all the grass with limited set of moves etc. or how to put goods on the pallet without falling down - kind of 3D Tetris)

Yeah, I am bored.

Really I was just linking Sanic Spin 2006, so you can see what it's like from the perspective of the flip jumper, but yeah they're super obnoxious. That's why I watch them every day.

I made a prototype last november so this may look familiar to anyone following my progress in the indie thread, but I felt like it was due an upgrade. Previous application test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs8euyciHJE (time of day sped up 20x)
Aw thanks for showing <3 turned out amazing

Jobbs

Banned
Been reading about Christina Grimmie and watching her youtube videos and I'm so pissed. I should stay away from knowing things

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Been reading about Christina Grimmie and watching her youtube videos and I'm so pissed. I should stay away from knowing things

Don't know who that is but their music can't be that bad.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe he had real grievances against her

And if he has mental health issues maybe calling him a nut is mean.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member

Dibs on the point'n click. And yes, Trab would obviously be a dating sim with all kinds of weirdo choices and none is right :D

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I'd have no idea about my level though, my life is way too boring at the moment. Feel free to leave me out or replace it with a silly gag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom