• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 7: The Dark Thirst Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
BEAN DIP MOTHERFUCKERS

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Both obviously. But the hipster clansman is somehow worse because they try to be slick with their racism
Hipster anything evil is always a hundred times worse than straight up evil.

There's being reprehensible and then there's trying to pass it off as trivial or cool. One is bad, the other makes something already disgusting absolutely disgusting.

FUME5

Evan Peters is still cute. Id very much enjoy a quicksilver movie

Rock the casbah

Great, now I have "She really don't like it / rock the casbah / rock the casbah" playing on loop.

I don't even think those are the right lyrics.

EDIT

Starting the day drinking off with a 650 ml can of Sapporo, oh yeah.

zeemumu

Hipster anything evil is always a hundred times worse than straight up evil.

There's being reprehensible and then there's trying to pass it off as trivial or cool. One is bad, the other makes something already disgusting absolutely disgusting.

To quote an Austin Powers line: "There's nothing worse than an aging hipster."

I forgot about this, but let me perch again.

tumblr_n4rmtgFv1z1qkg5u5o1_250.gif

SolVanderlyn

I know I dont need to explain it since it should be obvious considering the few times Ive cracked here but yeah. I mostly hide behind humor and lewd jokes because I rather keep the sad and depressing stuff to myself for most of the time. There is people who think Im a great guy buy of course I have my issues Im dealing with behind the whole wall of jokes I put up.
u5RG4OD.jpg

Pau

Evan Peters is still cute. Id very much enjoy a quicksilver movie
Rather see Quicksilver's sister. But they did make the character more bearable than usual.

They should introduce all of Erik's kids while we're at it. Movie spoilers:
The nerd in me wished they had named his daughter who dies Anya instead. And his wife Magda, actually.

Jobbs

Banned
each of my phones through the years has hundreds of pictures of the sky in it... It's just something I do. When the sky looks neat or I see a neat cloud, I take a picture. I have an ongoing fascination with the sky and an ongoing feeling that I can't let any of it go "wasted" in case I need a good reference.

zeemumu

Rather see Quicksilver's sister. But they did make the character more bearable than usual.

They should introduce all of Erik's kids while we're at it. Movie spoilers:
The nerd in me wished they had named his daughter who dies Anya instead. And his wife Magda, actually.

I hated that scene.
Whoops, double impaled your family. I'm not accepting that, movie

Jobbs

Banned
Here's what bothered me about the last X-Men movie (I didn't see the new one yet)... Quicksilver is just too powerful. He could do anything with impunity. Not even Magneto can stop him.

..But they use him once to advance one plotpoint then toss him aside

zeemumu

Here's what bothered me about the last X-Men movie (I didn't see the new one yet)... Quicksilver is just too powerful. He could do anything with impunity. Not even Magneto can stop him.

Apocalypse adapts his vision to perceive Quicksilver's movements while Quicksilver's beating the crap out of him and catches him with his earth manipulation powers and then breaks his other leg.

Jobbs

Banned
Apocalypse adapts his vision to perceive Quicksilver's movements while Quicksilver's beating the crap out of him and catches him with his earth manipulation powers and then breaks his other leg.

That's fine but the last movie they could have solved things much more easily if they just kept QS around instead of toss him aside because of.. er, reasons, or no reasons, who knows. Apocalypse wasn't in the last movie

Pau

I hated that scene.
Whoops, double impaled your family. I'm not accepting that, movie
Yeah, they should have killed fake Magda another way. Still, I'm glad they did the whole Magneto was in a relationship and had a child and then everyone fucked it up thing. I was pretty angry that they had skipped it in First Class.

Well, it makes sense that Magneto's children are more powerful than he is. I'm okay with that. But really comics Mags can totally take on Quicksilver.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

I think the movie lacks focus and doesnt know how to handle the characters. I get they want to get a lot of people on screen but its better to focus on a group instead of trying to throw everything on screen. They can be entertaining if you shut down your brain but the development is poor.

Jobbs

Banned
I thought my favorite "it's great if you turn off your brain" movie was Troy but I tried watching it again the other day and I couldn't keep my brain off. Shit that happens is just too stupid to tolerate

zeemumu

Yeah, they should have killed fake Magda another way. Still, I'm glad they did the whole Magneto was in a relationship and had a child and then everyone fucked it up thing. I was pretty angry that they had skipped it in First Class.

By the way, how did you feel about
Weapon X cameo?
I thought it felt a bit forced but I was glad
that he didn't get any speaking lines. Berserker Rage and whatnot.

Pau

By the way, how did you feel about
Weapon X cameo?
I thought it felt a bit forced but I was glad
that he didn't get any speaking lines. Berserker Rage and whatnot.
It was fine but I would have really rather the story time have been spent on something else in retropsect. I'm not a huge Wolverine fan though. The interaction between Scott, Jean, and Logan was a bit weird. (My boyfriend actually liked it and thought it was planting the seeds of that triangle but still weird. She's a teenager.)

Jobbs

Banned
Think I've talked myself into playing Twilight Princess HD. Haven't touched this game in many years and all the Zelda talk made me curious to check it out again.

zeemumu

It was fine but I would have really rather the story time have been spent on something else in retropsect. I'm not a huge Wolverine fan though. The interaction between Scott, Jean, and Logan was a bit weird. (My boyfriend actually liked it and thought it was planting the seeds of that triangle but still weird. She's a teenager.)

Yeah, it does look pretty creepy knowing what we know of their future. At least Logan didn't walk up to Jean's parents and say "I'm gonna date your baby" like Jacob in Twilight.

The movie did make me like Cyclops more than not at all, though. I heard someone explain that because he's a teenager, his douchey attitude is more tolerable.

That "3rd movie is always the worst" line, though...yeesh.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Think I've talked myself into playing Twilight Princess HD. Haven't touched this game in many years and all the Zelda talk made me curious to check it out again.

The first hours are terrible, the overworld could be half the size considering how uninteresting it is but the story and dungeons were nice and the final fight is iconic. The game needed better editing IMO.

Pau

Yeah, it does look pretty creepy knowing what we know of their future. At least Logan didn't walk up to Jean's parents and say "I'm gonna date your baby" like Jacob in Twilight.

The movie did make me like Cyclops more than not at all, though. I heard someone explain that because he's a teenager, his douchey attitude is more tolerable.

That "3rd movie is always the worst" line, though...yeesh.
Very true.

I prefer Cyclops as a teenager for that reason.

That line didn't bother me too much. Like it was dumb but I would have forgotten about it if people didn't keep bringing it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom