• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 7: The Dark Thirst Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Just watched the Zelda trailer

I saw nothing in it that looks more compelling than what I already have in Witcher 3

spxxOvV.gif

Pretty much everything in it is more compelling to me than the Witcher lol. Gimme those Zelda brightness, colors and fun gameplay anytime. It looks sooo fun to play.

lol so true

FUME5

Okay so I've been on a DAY SHIFT schedule for like...the past two weeks and I was supposed to go in to work tonight but yesterday they were like "you gotta wash a plane be here at 6" so I slept for like 3 hours and woke up and went to work and then I came home and napped and I have to work NIGHT SHIFT tomorrow which is just like...let me live, AF

Ah, they're still fucking around with your schedule. That sucks.

This is me every day just so I can go outside.

It.....it can't be that bad.

Don't get me started on FF15. The game is looking worse and more obnoxious every time I see it. I wish I could do something beyond simply not buying it. Maybe I'll post angry things on an internet forum...

Yo fam, u wanna drop the bass on my chocobo?

Wary about lootable items and taking too much inspiration from Dark Souls... I hope the narrative isn't subdued like in Souls games.

I'm seeing basically zero inspiration from Dark Souls. I'm not sure where this narrative is coming from.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I'm seeing basically zero inspiration from Dark Souls. I'm not sure where this narrative is coming from.

There's a bit. You can fight the boss from the beginning if you're good enough. The Shield/Slash gameplay seems similar. Big super hard minibosses on locations that seem untypical for Zelda. And of course, ruins, a "broken" land, no villages, the setting stuff, lootable items, armor, item break etc.

Of course it's not gonna be Nintendo Souls, but it surely has been influenced by some of the series.

There's a bit. You can fight the boss from the beginning if you're good enough. The Shield/Slash gameplay seems similar. Big super hard minibosses on locations that seem untypical for Zelda. And of course, ruins, a "broken" land, no villages, the setting stuff, lootable items, armor, item break etc.

Of course it's not gonna be Nintendo Souls, but it surely has been influenced by some of the series.

Sounds crazy to me.

You could go fight any boss (except the final, I guess, though you can get to him) in Zelda 1. What locations are "untypical" for Zelda?

Ruins have been around in Zelda since forever, same with a "broken" land. "Setting stuff" is so vague as to be meaningless.

Also Zelda BotW has villages and NPCs, they just took them out of the demo to avoid spoilers. Armor and item break have been in a shit ton of games.

It's a huuuuuge reach to get Souls from anything you listed.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Sounds crazy to me.

You could go fight any boss (except the final, I guess, though you can get to him) in Zelda 1. What locations are "untypical" for Zelda?

Ruins have been around in Zelda since forever, same with a "broken" land. "Setting stuff" is so vague as to be meaningless.

Also Zelda BotW has villages and NPCs, they just took them out of the demo to avoid spoilers. Armor and item break have been in a shit ton of games.

It's a huuuuuge reach to get Souls from anything you listed.

If you think so that's fine :) I don't, I think it's super obvious that they took a big influence from current and/or big games like Souls (as they should) while also thinking about old Zelda again, same with the "climb tower, expand world" mechanic taken from Ubi. In the end it doesn't matter and I really don't want to argue about it, that'd be silly.

If you think so that's fine :) I don't, I think it's super obvious that they took a big influence from current and/or big games like Souls (as they should) while also thinking about old Zelda again, same with the "climb tower, expand world" mechanic taken from Ubi. In the end it doesn't matter and I really don't want to argue about it, that'd be silly.

Haha, all right, fair enough, we don't have to argue about it.

JOSS MOTHERFUCKING CARTER

MY SWEET ANGEL

MY SECOND FAVORITE BADASS EVER

LET ME COUNT THE WAYS THAT I LOVE YOU

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS QUEEEEEEEEEEN

YOU TELL THAT LITTLE PUNK ASS ROOKIE WHAT A FUCKBOY HE IS

FUCK THE DADDY KINK, I'M HERE FOR THIS MAMA TEA

Fuck

So tired, headache starting

Why is is cold here, I'm in AZ for crying out loud

I want to sleep so bad but I know I can't immmmmmmmm soooooooooo maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

Why does Sony have to tease me like this with horizon

There are so many brain things happening rn

This fucking driver drives like a dick. Sharp turn and I spilled ice tea all over my new blazer THAT I DECIDED TO WEAR BECAUSE WATERMARK WAS BARELY VISIBLE ANYMORE
All i should wear should be black. Its too much hassle
Edit:also stains on my pants. Like I pissed myself

Chuckie

This fucking driver drives like a dick. Sharp turn and I spilled ice tea all over my new blazer THAT I DECIDED TO WEAR BECAUSE WATERMARK WAS BARELY VISIBLE ANYMORE

I feel sorry for you :(

But I also laughed at that last sentence....sowwy Trabby.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I assumed the only lit you knew was English lit.
only lit I know is how lit I am right now son

I wish this was true

FUME5

Murder him.

only lit I know is how lit I am right now son

I wish this was true

Join the Ethiopian Zion Coptic Church.

Xiao Hu

That's what you get for calling me herpes boy, you stinky silent fart!

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Joke's on you I never wanted to live on this planet

SolVanderlyn

More I read about Nu-Zelda the more my hype rises.

God of War also has me interested despite not caring at all about the previous games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom